Sign in to follow this  
Yell@Me (formerly AUSTAR)

Do You Have A Question About Austar?

Why dosnt Austar look after the pensioners and also digital in rural Australia.We dont have any of the FTA channels out here and we dont even get to have a set top box.

Why should the pensioners be forced to pay full price for a service that hasnt been proed out in Rural Australia any way.

Also I contacted their customer service about 1 month ago and ended up in The Phillipines??????Not real good for an Aussie company....

I totally agree....the phillipines right? and AUStar? hrm....

LOL anyway, I know that the mystar service is reliant upon a good signal in your area and from your own antenna on your roof, and thats due to the fta networks, they won't permit being broadcast by satellite, so who knows maybe it will change, but I doubt your paying for it, my friend with a crappy analoge antenna complained once with the response that its 'not a paid for option' or something like that...I myself tho, found that it improved my signal greatly because I was only viewing analoge before...

Is it possible to format a mystar box? If so, how?

Thanks.

why do you want to format it? Just wanting to get rid of all recordings quickly or some other reason?

why do you want to format it? Just wanting to get rid of all recordings quickly or some other reason?

I've had problems with series link not linking, very slow to respond when setting recordings from TV Guide, and the answer I get when I phone is "it needs formatting, let us know when it is empty".

Well, finally I have emptied it, and thought I would format it if I could, without having to go through the help/support phone system.

You will need tech 2 level to reset the box as they have to send info to the box so that it will search for channels in your region.Hope the reset fixes your problems for you.

I've had problems with series link not linking, very slow to respond when setting recordings from TV Guide, and the answer I get when I phone is "it needs formatting, let us know when it is empty".

Well, finally I have emptied it, and thought I would format it if I could, without having to go through the help/support phone system.

Just be careful if you do format the HDD because I've had two HD boxes so far and both were very poor with playback FF and RR re-formatting doesn't always work, it's because they are cheap crap compared to the Foxtel ones and remember series link doesn't work with the ABC&SBS

Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen,

As some of you are no doubt aware, I am an AUSTAR employee who posts in these forums for the purpose of helping out the customers where possible, even if I do happen to dig myself into a hole at times ;)

I have created this thread for those who have a genuine question for me about AUSTAR. I promise that as long as the question is direct, free of derogatory comments or tone, and constructive, I will answer where possible, or endeavour to find out for you if I do not know myself.

Any business rules stated here are not open for discussion or complaint, I am simply here to help where possible in providing information or advice, to help the customers be informed.

Any post that breaks my rules will not be answered. The rules are as follows:

1. No swearing.

2. No negative comments, name calling etc.

3. Genuine questions only.

I look forward to helping all you budding subscription TV patrons out where possible.

Can you help me. I have just had MYSTAR HD installed and note that the box has a USB port at the back. Can I use this to play video directly from an external hard drive?

Can you help me. I have just had MYSTAR HD installed and note that the box has a USB port at the back. Can I use this to play video directly from an external hard drive?

no

Thanks nutmeg1 and clarke. Finally found the time to spend an hour on the phone to Austar, box reformatted, seems to have solved my problems. Till I fill it all up again.....

I don't know the specifications of the TIVO, but if it has an AV input, then you can record to the TIVO as long as the decoder box for Austar is not a Mystar box.

The Australian tIvO does not have analogue inputs so it can't record Austar.

Question one.

On my MyStar T106, whenever I bring up a menu, I get assaulted by jazz music.

This is good enough reason to cancel my subscription or pierce my eardrums.

Other than hitting "mute", is there any way I can stop or change this?

Question two.

I'm sick of selecting a show from the guide and getting the "You don't pay for this channel, loser" message.

Is there a good online guide where I can select which packages or options I opt for?

Cheers

Ziggy

If I order a Main Event PPV show, can I record it on my MystarHD?? I won't be here due to work to watch UFC131 :(

If I order a Main Event PPV show, can I record it on my MystarHD?? I won't be here due to work to watch UFC131 :(

No.

Question one.

On my MyStar T106, whenever I bring up a menu, I get assaulted by jazz music.

This is good enough reason to cancel my subscription or pierce my eardrums.

Other than hitting "mute", is there any way I can stop or change this?

Question two.

I'm sick of selecting a show from the guide and getting the "You don't pay for this channel, loser" message.

Is there a good online guide where I can select which packages or options I opt for?

Cheers

Ziggy

The reason there is always annoying music on the EPG is so that after spending alot of time in the EPG, and your volume is quite loud, the tv show you switch to doesnt start blasting your eardrums.

No, Foxtel IQ does (for 7 day after lol), they also let you watch the replay on main event. Austar dont, you can only order it while its showing on Main Event, you cant record it and you cant watch the replays live on the channel again once you order it.