Do You Have A Question About Austar?

Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen,

As some of you are no doubt aware, I am an AUSTAR employee who posts in these forums for the purpose of helping out the customers where possible, even if I do happen to dig myself into a hole at times :blink:

I have created this thread for those who have a genuine question for me about AUSTAR. I promise that as long as the question is direct, free of derogatory comments or tone, and constructive, I will answer where possible, or endeavour to find out for you if I do not know myself.

Any business rules stated here are not open for discussion or complaint, I am simply here to help where possible in providing information or advice, to help the customers be informed.

Any post that breaks my rules will not be answered. The rules are as follows:

1. No swearing.

2. No negative comments, name calling etc.

3. Genuine questions only.

I look forward to helping all you budding subscription TV patrons out where possible.

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question for AUSTROLL

I recently criticised Austar and was called a "whiney cynical pain in the arse" by this topic starter and my reply which did not consist of anything nearly as innocuos as what prompted it was deleted...

My question is......are you in favour of having anything critical or any genuine concerns or complaints merely ignored or deleted?....as you have already stated

Out of courtesy to your fine self I have asked the mods...here is the transcript .....which is less than the courtsey I was given

Timo and Caniffe

Could you guys have a squizz at this bloke and see if he conforms to forum guidelines with regard to company representation.....and advertising.

He makes no effort to hide the fact that he works at Austar and provides information that can only be known by an employee yet continually states that he is not posting in an official capacity.

Then causes a few outbursts by bad mouthing his own customers and generally treating genuine complaints in a very unprofessional manner.

I think this is sensationalist publicity seeking and could even be an attempt to advertise Austar with the belief that even bad publicity is publicity.

I have nothing against his bona fide intentions and totally support company representation and online support but there seems to be a more sinister pattern emerging here as noticed by others as well.

cheers

mello

Have a nice day :blink:

Will Austar launch HD at the same time as it becomes available on Foxtel after the launch of the D2 bird ?

I don't have any information at my disposal that I can offer on this one, apologies.

My question is......are you in favour of having anything critical or any genuine concerns or complaints merely ignored or deleted?....as you have already stated

No, I am not :blink:

If the mods deem my presence here inappropriate, I'd be happy to bow out. As I've said, time and time again, I'm here on a personal capacity but I do believe in and vouch for the company I work for.

Once again, for the final time, I said that your post CAME OFF AS blah blah blah so at no point have I called you anything.

You need to focus here mate, would you prefer to have someone present on the forum who can answer questions for you?

and you actually wonder why people call u a "whiney cynical pain in the arse"? - the mods probably think the same thing

its a forum - take it easy

I have a question for AUSTROLL

I recently criticised Austar and was called a "whiney cynical pain in the arse" by this topic starter and my reply which did not consist of anything nearly as innocuos as what prompted it was deleted...

Out of courtesy to your fine self I have asked the mods...here is the transcript .....which is less than the courtsey I was given

Have a nice day :blink:

Timo and Caniffe

Could you guys have a squizz at this bloke and see if he conforms to forum guidelines with regard to company representation.....and advertising.

He makes no effort to hide the fact that he works at Austar and provides information that can only be known by an employee yet continually states that he is not posting in an official capacity.

Then causes a few outbursts by bad mouthing his own customers and generally treating genuine complaints in a very unprofessional manner.

I think this is sensationalist publicity seeking and could even be an attempt to advertise Austar with the belief that even bad publicity is publicity.

I have nothing against his bona fide intentions and totally support company representation and online support but there seems to be a more sinister pattern emerging here as noticed by others as well.

cheers

mello

Edited by takeiteasy

okeley dokely - will mystar have scart and componet out - what about a usb out to copy to pc?

Back on track please peoples, can we keep the replies here as stated in the original post?

more importantly will it have an option to use a external portable drive?

Back on track please peoples, can we keep the replies here as stated in the original post?

okeley dokely - will mystar have scart and componet out - what about a usb out to copy to pc?

more importantly will it have an option to use a external portable drive?

The specifics of the operation of the decoder haven't been released to staff at this point. I'll post it when I can. In the meantime, you might want to direct that question to joshstar, as he claims to have access to them.

Hi

I have a question - I am in the NT (Darwin cable) and my Austar box has been showing EST (now EDST) instead of CST for months - it didn't really bother me at first, but taking 1.5 hrs is to much maths for my brain and I want it set up properly.

Any ideas on what might have caused this and how to fix this? (I have reset the box hundreds of times - you have to with an austar box he he he).

Thanks

Tom

Hi

I have a question - I am in the NT (Darwin cable) and my Austar box has been showing EST (now EDST) instead of CST for months - it didn't really bother me at first, but taking 1.5 hrs is to much maths for my brain and I want it set up properly.

Any ideas on what might have caused this and how to fix this? (I have reset the box hundreds of times - you have to with an austar box he he he).

Thanks

Tom

heh, I know what you mean.

Here is what you need to do:

1. Press Active on the AUSTAR remote

2. Scroll to Setup and press Select

3. Scroll to Decoder and press Select

4. Select Time from the list

5. Align the timezone settings with your correct state by using the < or > arrows on the remote.

6. When you find the NT zone, press Select, then AUSTAR on the remote.

Your time should be correct. If not, you need to check the load version of the decoder, and if it's not correct, you need an enhancement hit sent from the AUSTAR call centre. I would advise phoning the call centre on 132 432 if this is the case.

Hello there,

Do Austar intend to broadcast the main FTA channels (e.g 7, 9 10) like foxtel does on their standard digital service?

Hey there curious,

The "standard" digital service (anything "digital" service that AUSTAR provisions now) is staying as is for the moment, in that AUSTAR will not be provisioning FTA through their satellite service.

However, Digital FTA will be available for broadcast through the new MyStar PDR decoder that is due for release early next year. This will include two digital FTA tuners, so provided you have the ability to recieve digital FTA in your area, you will be able to watch/record two digital FTA channels at once using the MyStar. Or so I hear :blink:

Which two Digital FTA channels?

Will the two channels be different depending on what state you're in?

eg If you live in NSW it's 9 Sydney and if you live in Queensland it's 9 Brisbane.

that dosent mean that u can ONLY get two fta channels - it means that you can watch any fta channel while still be recording any other free to air channel - hence the 2 fta tuners - the fta regoinal channels will depend on where you live because that signal will still be coming through your fta reception as normal not via the sat

heh, I know what you mean.

Here is what you need to do:

1. Press Active on the AUSTAR remote

2. Scroll to Setup and press Select

3. Scroll to Decoder and press Select

4. Select Time from the list

5. Align the timezone settings with your correct state by using the < or > arrows on the remote.

6. When you find the NT zone, press Select, then AUSTAR on the remote.

Your time should be correct. If not, you need to check the load version of the decoder, and if it's not correct, you need an enhancement hit sent from the AUSTAR call centre. I would advise phoning the call centre on 132 432 if this is the case.

Thanks for this mate on my box there is another step before decoder, which is installation (and I was always too scared to open that up) thats why I never ventured that far :blink:

Cheers

Tom

Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen,

As some of you are no doubt aware, I am an AUSTAR employee who posts in these forums for the purpose of helping out the customers where possible, even if I do happen to dig myself into a hole at times :blink:

I have created this thread for those who have a genuine question for me about AUSTAR. I promise that as long as the question is direct, free of derogatory comments or tone, and constructive, I will answer where possible, or endeavour to find out for you if I do not know myself.

Any business rules stated here are not open for discussion or complaint, I am simply here to help where possible in providing information or advice, to help the customers be informed.

Any post that breaks my rules will not be answered. The rules are as follows:

1. No swearing.

2. No negative comments, name calling etc.

3. Genuine questions only.

I look forward to helping all you budding subscription TV patrons out where possible.

there now that's better isn't it...............all out in the open now.............and not so sneaky and underhanded as in the beginning.

and you actually wonder why people call u a "whiney cynical pain in the arse"? - the mods probably think the same thing

its a forum - take it easy

Nobody except you and AUSTROLL here have called me anything...ever

When you have even half a clue of whats going on .....let me know and Ill be more than happy to "discuss" your manners.. ....until then keep your Dr Phil remedies and advice for your yobbo friends...I dont need your simplistic advice thanks.

By the way.... poster formely known as AUSTAR....I read your PM and I acknowledge that your apology is genuine so I just want to point out publicly that its good enough for me :D I will cease hostilities....that is unless takeiteasy has anything to add? :blink: