The 4400 Returns (again!)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they should start taking TV programmers with them next time.... :blink:
I think you'll find that's what they did last time (and then returned them <spooky whooooah>)

For anyone wanting to 'get into' the 4400 apparently this episode is a "The story so far one..."

Regards

Peter Gillespie

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like Channel 10 are going to show Season 3 of "The 4400" starting this Sunday night with a Special. Twice in a year, incredible!

Regards Phil C. :D

The 4400 wasn't on as scheduled last night...it was a repeat of Tripping Over.

Very disappointing. :blink:

I can't wait for the DVD set of Battlestar Galactica to come out this week :P

Are you talking about a re-release? as season 2 has been out for at least a couple of months.

Really?

I wasn't looking to buy it until channel ten dropped it last week, then ezydvd advertised the second

series for $45 being released on Nov 1 and I can't resist...I can't wait until next year for the series return

I saw the episode which summarised the previous series - since then I have missed both advertised episodes. What gives? Why re-advertise it the following week if it was not broadcast? where did it go?

BTW - which series is it supposed to be - two or three?

Well, I tried to record it last night and once again they didn't have the 4400. They had tripping over instead. Isn't that supposed to be a hot new show? Why put it on at the graveyard shift? Why don't they use that crappy show to bump some other crappy show in prime time and leave the good stuff like the 4400 behind.

You know what we should do? Every person on this forum should phone Channel 10 about 10 times with different accents at different times of the day to make them think there is a huge viewing public which wants to see the 4400.

The networks assume that for every person that phones about 20 people are pissed off about the same topic. By making 10 calls in the coming week we could boost our signal by at least 20 dB!

I can understand replacing the 4400 with Tripping Over. It is what they do. What I do NOT understand is that the following week they still insist in their schedule that they will be showing the 4400 when they have already dropped it. Just who would be watching? The 4400 fans will turn off and the Tripping fans won't know it is on. This is seriously dumb stuff. How much for the DVD set?

I can understand replacing the 4400 with Tripping Over. It is what they do. What I do NOT understand is that the following week they still insist in their schedule that they will be showing the 4400 when they have already dropped it. Just who would be watching? The 4400 fans will turn off and the Tripping fans won't know it is on. This is seriously dumb stuff. How much for the DVD set?

I've heard that you can get it on the web. The whole series. And I believe it's only 13 episodes.

Guest WalrusLike

You know this kinda thing really peeves me... although I hate the legal system, if I had time, brains and money (oh well, 1 out of 3 aint bad :P ), I would try suing these beggars (FTA channels) for breach of contract or false advertising or wanton malaciousness or grievous mental harm... or... or... :blink:

Sigh... :D dont they have an obligation to honour their promises? I can understand the occasional change for one reason or another... but they seem to do it on a random and wholesale basis. They really are at risk of becoming dinasours in the digital age... with a ever diminishing core viewer group of the elderly and technically challenged.

• 2 months later...

• 1 month later...
Tonight's channel 10 schedule has "The Shield" instead of "The 4400" - WTF?

They're only a few episodes into the season, why are they doing this?

You only need read the good doctor's post earlier in this thread to know that the clock was always ticking.

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?s=&...st&p=507802

There are just no guarantees with late night programming in particular. There are numerous examples of shows mysteriously falling off the radar probably based on some programming exec's decision.

I was just beginning to get into the 4400 myself so I'm disappointed too. :blink: