Sign in to follow this  
dockersfan

Aiko 81cm Lcd Tv

Does anybody know what resolution a PS3 could be used on with this monitor?

With the current problems of the PS3 (resolution scaling), and if they get fixed.

(Will the a 720P signal be up-scaled to 1360*768P or I, if the PS3 is fixed? Or will it be down scaled to 480P?)

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm a little worried about my Aiko having problems (ie. black bleeding, etc.).

What should I do IF that, or any other problem, happens to my soon-to-be new TV?

EDIT: Yes, only a few days now. By this coming Thursday, I will have (barely) enough money to purchase the Aiko. Then after Xmas, I'll start saving for the PS3!

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm a little worried about my Aiko having problems (ie. black bleeding, etc.).

What should I do IF that, or any other problem, happens to my soon-to-be new TV?

EDIT: Yes, only a few days now. By this coming Thursday, I will have (barely) enough money to purchase the Aiko. Then after Xmas, I'll start saving for the PS3!

I would take a look at the BigW returns policy. I think they are pretty reasonable with stuff like that. Like if you take it home and aren't happy with it, i'm sure they would refund your money given that it is taken back within a week or so and the packaging is relatively intact. I bought a dvd player from there once and it stopped working properly after about 6 months of use. They gave me a full refund. That probably isn't the case with every refund, but its promising.

Sorry people but I'm not getting the Aiko TV now. I'm going back to getting that Samsung Slimfit CRT TV. I suppose I'll be happy with it, until a year or two from now.

i couldnt wait any longer and picked one up today

using it with vga, 1360x768. looks awesome, im really happy with it!

Does anybody know what resolution a PS3 could be used on with this monitor?

With the current problems of the PS3 (resolution scaling), and if they get fixed.

(Will the a 720P signal be up-scaled to 1360*768P or I, if the PS3 is fixed? Or will it be down scaled to 480P?)

Yes, 720p will be scaled by the TV to 1360*768p, I have noticed the monitor will accept 1080p at 60hz too so that would be the better res as youll get the full detail of the 1360x768

Yes, 720p will be scaled by the TV to 1360*768p, I have noticed the monitor will accept 1080p at 60hz too so that would be the better res as youll get the full detail of the 1360x768

Excellent.

I picked on of these babies up yesterday, for my bedroom.

Now I have to get an antenna outlet installed, or do it myself.

Hi guys,

I am also new to this forum so please bare with me.

After reading some of the threads about the Aiko, I decided to get one, and Iam ver happy with it. I have 2 questions though. First of all, when watching the cricket, I noticed that when players were in direct sunlight, the white areas seem very bright and pixelated, I have tried plaing with the settings without an luck, is this normal?

My second questions is that, while watching a music show, I noticed that the overlayed title was cutoff on the left hand side of the screen, even though I had the tv set to 16:9. Shouldn't I see everthing?

naps

Hi guys,

I am also new to this forum so please bare with me.

After reading some of the threads about the Aiko, I decided to get one, and Iam ver happy with it. I have 2 questions though. First of all, when watching the cricket, I noticed that when players were in direct sunlight, the white areas seem very bright and pixelated, I have tried plaing with the settings without an luck, is this normal?

My second questions is that, while watching a music show, I noticed that the overlayed title was cutoff on the left hand side of the screen, even though I had the tv set to 16:9. Shouldn't I see everthing?

naps

more details needed

how do you watch tv? build in tuner? (hope not) or stb? or we talking foxtel/other paytv?

pixelation is quite normal from time to time(channel 7 is the worst) you can also see it on many dvds

16:9 format from stb/xbox360 is always fine so i would look at settings within your srouce, you have to set your stb to 16:9 and no overscan/panscan/etc....

Hi Croc,

I watch foxtel digital only and, until I go out and buy a SCART cable, I am connected by the standard 3 plug cables.

naps

Hi Croc,

I watch foxtel digital only and, until I go out and buy a SCART cable, I am connected by the standard 3 plug cables.

naps

i don't know what foxtel does to signal but if they anything like other cable providers then they compress as much as they can and picture pixelation would be quite common and the bigger and higher quality the screen the more it will show it.

from good quality source you will have no such problems

scart cable wont do magic there, it will be better but pixelation is not from cables you useing

i don't know what foxtel does to signal but if they anything like other cable providers then they compress as much as they can and picture pixelation would be quite common and the bigger and higher quality the screen the more it will show it.

yes foxtel does compress everything - better to watch the Test on digital set top unit than foxtels retransmission of 9.

Well I bit the bullet as well after walking through Big W every week for a couple of weeks.

Simply too good a value proposition to let go.

Has anyone seen one with a HD box?

(even though the antenna isnt so bad - why does everyone hate it?)

Another question - what do you run via VGA/HTPC at 1360x768 @ 60 hz?

games/video/internet?

Long-time lurker, found this page via Google, and bought one of these Aiko 81cm TVs about 6 weeks ago. It's been totally awesome... until I got my Wii and component cables.

Over component cables, the Aiko isn't able to handle some of the 'weird' resolutions the Wii outputs. If I start any NES or SNES Virtual Console games, or connect to the Wii Store, the TV pops up saying 'out of range'. Even the 'put on your wrist strap' display at the start of Zelda comes up as out of range, but the rest of the game seems to work fine.

This same thing happens over component at 480p, 480i or 576i. Using composite, there is no issue at all (well, besides 480p not being available, and the colour looking worse. Ahem.)

I'm no guru about video output, but reading this blog post about the Wii video signal suggests Virtual Console outputs at the 'original' resolutions of the games, which the Aiko doesn't seem to be able to handle at all.

So, unless someone more knowledgeable here can come up with answers/solutions, you might want to avoid this TV if you plan on Wiiing with it...

Hi,

I connected the tv to my foxtel box via SCART and I must say that I didn't see much change in picture quality, although the sound quality was much better.

I also found that I had to change the settings on my foxtel box to display 16:9 mode and it works beautifully.

Thanks for everyon's help.

cheers,

Napil

Hi,

I connected the tv to my foxtel box via SCART and I must say that I didn't see much change in picture quality, although the sound quality was much better.

I also found that I had to change the settings on my foxtel box to display 16:9 mode and it works beautifully.

Thanks for everyon's help.

cheers,

Napil

make sure you go into your foxtel decoder settings and change the out put to rgb should be alot clearer then over normal composite cables

Price update...

Latest Big W Catalogue, $898 save $100 on the Aiko 81cm LCD.

Go forth and buy from the 14th those that have been waiting for this.

Catalogue details: Big W "Make a Wish for Christmas", on sale Dec 14 - Dec 20, page 24 of the 40 page catalogue.

Brazzwald

Long-time lurker, found this page via Google, and bought one of these Aiko 81cm TVs about 6 weeks ago. It's been totally awesome... until I got my Wii and component cables.

Over component cables, the Aiko isn't able to handle some of the 'weird' resolutions the Wii outputs. If I start any NES or SNES Virtual Console games, or connect to the Wii Store, the TV pops up saying 'out of range'. Even the 'put on your wrist strap' display at the start of Zelda comes up as out of range, but the rest of the game seems to work fine.

This same thing happens over component at 480p, 480i or 576i. Using composite, there is no issue at all (well, besides 480p not being available, and the colour looking worse. Ahem.)

I'm no guru about video output, but reading this blog post about the Wii video signal suggests Virtual Console outputs at the 'original' resolutions of the games, which the Aiko doesn't seem to be able to handle at all.

So, unless someone more knowledgeable here can come up with answers/solutions, you might want to avoid this TV if you plan on Wiiing with it...

from what i seen this commen problem with wii and plasma/lcd tvs

from what i seen this commen problem with wii and plasma/lcd tvs

I am looking to buy this TV as well. Mainly would be using it as a display for my lappie and to play my Wii. Just curious about the wii problem. Has it been fixed yet?

Have you tried connecting your Wii to your VCR Aux input and switching to VCR source on the Aiko? Does that solve the problem?

Edited by gooseball

Have you tried connecting your Wii to your VCR Aux input and switching to VCR source on the Aiko? Does that solve the problem?

he did said "Using composite, there is no issue at all"

so there is no need to trick with pass via VCR

just installed powerstrip and found that the aiko is actually a 32' KTV model No. LTW32DV6

Thanks lighterthief. Confirmed the suspicion that it was a rebranded KTV 32" earlier in the thread on page 2.

http://www.ktvcorp.com/eng/busi/content.asp?goods_num=364

Well, once Thursday arrives and the catalog hits the BigW website, I will be buying one of these for my olds for Xmas :blink: well that's what they think...... I'll be sneaking in on my PS2 and lappie once in a while.

he did said "Using composite, there is no issue at all"

so there is no need to trick with pass via VCR

Apologies, indeed I missed that point.

Hello, I saw this weeks caterlog and im thinking of buying this tv for a pc monitor just a few questions.

1. will the pc be full screen.

2. will there be any pixelation.

3. are there any pc requirments to use if (eg type of graphics card)

4. finally can i watch tv and use pc at the same time wiith small picture in corner.

Thankyou and i hope someone can help.

Ive used mine as a PC monitor, text is blurred but only in alternating vertical bands ie from left to right on the screen the first 10 cm strip is crystal clear then the next 10cm is slightly blurry then clear and so on right across the screen. this is with dvi to hdmi cables.. no idea what its like with vga. If you werent to view text youd never be able to notice it, photos and everything else look great. I was going to take it back but couldnt be bothered... If anyone else has plugged theres into a pc and it displays text perfectly please let me know and i may get offf my arse to take it back, only bought it for xbox360 which looks great through vga and component which could possibly mean the hdmi is dodgy. The pc i plugged it into was an old celeron with an ATi 9550 and displayed images full screen with no over scan.