Sign in to follow this  
dockersfan

Aiko 81cm Lcd Tv

So you don't get a whole bunch of saw toothing on well defined straight edges? It is most noticeable with games, as well as animated tv shows and lettering in ads. I just assumed it was the result of cheap image processing chips, and wasn't too annoyed by it, but now it's starting to be very noticeable, so I think it might be a defect.

Hi People, Well the high pitched ringing got to much for me! so i called

telefix to come out

Tv was diagnosed with a bad transformer straight away

so much for the 50hz cycling method, the service man pressed the back of

the set and the sound went away, when he released the pressure to the back of the set the sound returned, 45 years in the business told him bad transformer, tv away for 1 week.

I told him i was worried about the tv returning with dead pixels..his reply the lcd's don't suffer, from dead pixels, it is rare, plasma screens are more prone to dead pixels.. i also asked him

about vibrating speakers he said they would take a look. i suggested that maybe the components inside are cheap, as the tv was made by aiko, he told me that Aiko was a name and the tv was made by either LG, Phillips or a larger tv manufacturer. and that the components inside are no cheaper than any name brand!! so there's abit of info for you all

i'll keep you all posted

bulberry

Big W catalogue in Melbourne has the Aiko 81cm for $898 from 8/3/07 to 14/3/07

Is anyone else annoyed by the source switching on this screen? Surely there has to be a way to switch straight to the source of choice?

Can't help, but I'm annoyed by it too. Maybe an email to Logitech Support might help?

hi sorry to add this here. but i've just joined and it won't let me start a new topic for some reason. just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Soniq QASA lcd's with in-built hd tuner. I saw the 32 inch at JB yesterday but didn't have time to play with it. It's also in their latest catalouge. I checked out the soniqav website and apparently they have the QASA range in 32 and 42 inches. The 42 inch is 1080P!! But I didn't see the 42 inch yesterday. The price is tempting at $1300 for a second TV. Don't want to spend too much as it'll be in the kitchen. Wondering if anyone can offer their thoughts on it.

folks ... Big W got the same LCD Advrs. again this week (for next week - I am in Perth WA)

I ordered one from last advs (they ran out) and picked it up last Thursday... took me few minutes to cut the thing open and another couple minute to plug in all the cables (cables are not included-unforgivable for $1K tv !!) and ta da... I am watching TV... picture is pretty good but the sounds is great even without any surround speakers. (btw, no external speakers facility)

I am actually using this as my main monitor for my pc.. and the thing is sitting on my desk !! (my desk is pretty big and strong...) this thing is replacing my Sony G520 monitor (best monitor ever ! but I want a TV without turning on the pc).

so far everything is great with the pc... no driver needed and the setup 1366X768 with XP is automatic, even the sound from the PC is good, the main issue is that there is no DVI (I know I can get an adapter for this), I can't plug my work laptop straight on and switch machine.

the other issue with PIP(picture in picture) is that (this is even with more expensive LCD) this thing only got one tuner... my Panasonic got dual tuners so you can get "proper" pip and I can watch two tv channels at the same time.

as for the contrast and brightness setting, I just leave the thing as standard and switch between the picture mode (from the remote) of standard, bright, and etc

Summary... best value 81cm lcd so far... add a quite Pent 4 PC and a set of remote keyboard and mouse... and you can have load of fun with your TV !

u can use PIP on this telly if: u have the main picture connected through composite, hdmi, d-sub etc, and the smaller screnn connected through video, scart, or s-video etc.

also, if your stb HAS the picture in picture option, u can get it on this telly..... u just need to switch it on through the stb :blink:

I have had Mine Since Boxing day and Can Not hear this buzzing sound

everyone is talking about, even with my head right up to the set it doesn't

make a sound

I have been very happy with it

Hi All,

I bought this TV in the January sale for $798, and have got the upgrade bug biting at me again (quicker than usual I may add :blink:). I am selling the unit for $600, was purchased on the 2nd January this year, so still under warranty, still have the original box as well. I have decided to go for the Sony 3lcd rear projection TV's, as they have just had a big price drop :D

I am in Perth, and would prefer a local pickup, if anyone is interested, please PM me.

Thanks

Sean

I bought this TV in the January sale for $798, and have got the upgrade bug biting at me again (quicker than usual I may add :blink:). I am selling the unit for $600, was purchased on the 2nd January this year, so still under warranty, still have the original box as well.

Send me a PM, might be interested in your TV. I only registered today and don't seem to have permission to send PMs.

Send me a PM, might be interested in your TV. I only registered today and don't seem to have permission to send PMs.

Tried to PM you, but you have to change settings on your profile to accept PM's. Still have TV if you are interested.

Sean

well, i finally succumbed and purchase one yesterday from Big W Fountain Gate for $898.

pretty happy with it so far.

a question.

What are the setting i should be looking?

The intentions are this

Foxtel - Scart to Scart

DVD - Component (can go scart to scart if that gives a better picture again as my dvd player has a scart output and this tv has two scart inputs)

AV Reciever (Video) - Video

what are the settings i.e contrast etc.. that i should be looking at to get the best picture?

Dont have HDTV yet - will get it when i move, at the moment, 90% of viewing will be Foxtel Digital which i will do Scart to Scart once i get a cable tomorrow morning :blink:

Looks good so far, and i think it will better one i tweak it a little

Hi All,

I bought this TV in the January sale for $798, and have got the upgrade bug biting at me again (quicker than usual I may add :blink:). I am selling the unit for $600, was purchased on the 2nd January this year, so still under warranty, still have the original box as well. I have decided to go for the Sony 3lcd rear projection TV's, as they have just had a big price drop :D

I am in Perth, and would prefer a local pickup, if anyone is interested, please PM me.

Thanks

Sean

I'm in the same boat as frazan (pm's don't work). I'm interested if he doesn't take it. 0402 025885 if you want to contact me that way. Or email gmail.com, account spjjam1.

Cheers

John

Edited by d'Wooluf

I'm in the same boat as frazan (pm's don't work). I'm interested if he doesn't take it. 0402 025885 if you want to contact me that way. Or email gmail.com, account spjjam1.

Cheers

John

It's all yours John, I've decided the risk of buying a used TV and having it shipped from Perth to Sydney is not worth saving $250 over, they are $898 new in BigW now and the prices will only get lower.

Oh, and you need 10 posts before you can send/receive PMs.

Hi People, Well the high pitched ringing got to much for me! so i called

telefix to come out

Tv was diagnosed with a bad transformer straight away

so much for the 50hz cycling method, the service man pressed the back of

the set and the sound went away, when he released the pressure to the back of the set the sound returned, 45 years in the business told him bad transformer, tv away for 1 week.

I told him i was worried about the tv returning with dead pixels..his reply the lcd's don't suffer, from dead pixels, it is rare, plasma screens are more prone to dead pixels.. i also asked him

about vibrating speakers he said they would take a look. i suggested that maybe the components inside are cheap, as the tv was made by aiko, he told me that Aiko was a name and the tv was made by either LG, Phillips or a larger tv manufacturer. and that the components inside are no cheaper than any name brand!! so there's abit of info for you all

i'll keep you all posted

bulberry

Ok, Tv back, no noise, no dead pixels.....Just one quiet Aiko lcd...anyone with the same problem dont

hesitate to call the service hotline they were great!!!

bulberry

Can anyone tell me the height of the TV EXCLUDING the stand.

(I am, of course, assuming tha the stand is removable..!!!.. :blink: )

The KTV link - http://www.ktvcorp.com/jpn/busi/content.asp?goods_num=364 which looks to be a similar TV states 643mm, but not whethere this is teh full unit or just the panel (and speakers at the bottom)

The missus has given me the go ahead for a TV in the bedroom so we can get to bed early and than I can watch TV whilst she sleeps (new baby and all...I am sure some of you guys know the drill)

Trouble is, the TV I choose would be going up on the wall, against the ceiling (angled down... which helps clear the cornice too) above our dresser/mirror unit which only allows for aroudn 600mm. this *may* be a tight squeeze.

She has explicitly BANNED me from chopping the required few mm of the feet of the dresser unit. :D

(May get in queue for that second hand unit myself, tiger6969, if no one has already taken it.. if it fits.... )

Can anyone tell me the height of the TV EXCLUDING the stand.

(I am, of course, assuming tha the stand is removable..!!!.. :blink: )

The KTV link - http://www.ktvcorp.com/jpn/busi/content.asp?goods_num=364 which looks to be a similar TV states 643mm, but not whethere this is teh full unit or just the panel (and speakers at the bottom)

The television is just under 65 cm in height with the stand. Without the stand (which is removable) the height is 59.5 cm.

There are four female threaded holes in the back which, I assume, are for a wall bracket.

The television is just under 65 cm in height with the stand. Without the stand (which is removable) the height is 59.5 cm.

There are four female threaded holes in the back which, I assume, are for a wall bracket.

MOST excellent... will fit just nicely.

Thanks for your effort.

I saw a rebadge of the Aiko 81cm in last or this week's Big W catalogue-this time it's branded AWA with similar specs.

Still reading through this rather long thread, and I thought I might as well post my issue now and if it's already been resolved I'll find out soon enough.

Bought the AIKO 32" yesterday. At most resolutions, the sides of the screen are cut off, and if I move the mouse to the edge it scrolls over to see the cut off bit. This happens even at 1360x768, although it's just a little off the left and right...

Not only does it do this, but it stretches it too, seemingly for no reason. If it were to unstretch, I think it would fit the screen perfectly, and look pretty clear.

This is with a DVI<->HDMI cable from my 1900xt. The card has two dvi outputs and no dsub. I tried using a dvi->dsub adapter, but the TV doesn't pick up on the signal (and yes, I selected dsub as the source :blink: ).

So... why is it stretching it out beyond the screen so that I have to scroll the sides? Surely there's a way to make it fit the screen?

Currently I'm in 1280x720 as it's one of maybe two resolutions that don't have the stretch issue (the other being 1776x1000, which is great except that it's kinda bodgy quality, all pixelated and such, text is hard to read, and refresh rate is locked at 30). Everything's way too big at 1280x720 though... the start button's over 5cm long, and after adjusting the size of everything I can in the Appearance tab of Display properties, many things are still too big, and I'm losing way too much room compared to the 21"+19" dual setup I had running before.

I hooked up an older computer with a geforce 6600gt to the TV via dsub (it has both dvi and dsub), and it worked, although the maximum resolution was 1280x1024. I tried using the adapter on the dvi output, but that gave no signal as well... maybe the TV doesn't like my adapters?

Thanks

EDIT: Ah, I see KLoNe had the exact same problem, and it was the 1900xt. Guess I'll be switching to nvidia...

Edited by Don_Karnia

My parents recently bought the AIKO (81cm LCD TV) and I (with help) managed to connect it all so now I can see the VCR, DVD and channels.

The problem I have come across is whenever i want to play a DVD and fast forward (sometimes 2* or 16*)the movie it abruptly cuts off and the TV channel comes up, I then have to physically choose SOURCE and then VIDEO in order to see the DVD movie play, this has pissed me off and I wonder if others here have this same problem and what to do about it and fix it for good.

Another problem is that I get bad reception and even if I get an indoor antenna worth $70+ it still looks the same! HELP!!!!!

My antenna is a flat one and a very old two pronged one that connects to the wall, any help? Write here or email me, thanks.

Attn all Bargain hunters:

A similar specs TV comes on sale the next week at ALDI.

Priced $869. Good point is 2 years warranty.

Bad thing: this is Tevion, e.g. if something goes wrong you have to wait for replacement (the last time I had been waiting for 3 months!)

So, it's up to you to decide.

My parents recently bought the AIKO (81cm LCD TV) and I (with help) managed to connect it all so now I can see the VCR, DVD and channels.

The problem I have come across is whenever i want to play a DVD and fast forward (sometimes 2* or 16*)the movie it abruptly cuts off and the TV channel comes up, I then have to physically choose SOURCE and then VIDEO in order to see the DVD movie play, this has pissed me off and I wonder if others here have this same problem and what to do about it and fix it for good.

Another problem is that I get bad reception and even if I get an indoor antenna worth $70+ it still looks the same! HELP!!!!!

My antenna is a flat one and a very old two pronged one that connects to the wall, any help? Write here or email me, thanks.

Your DVD player remote >> key shares the same infrared code as the AIKO, try and point it away from the TV when you are using this function. Also let us all know what brand DVD player you are using so we can all avoid it.

Unless you live across the road from the TV transmitters you are not going to get a good TV signal. Get an decent external antenna and buy a digital set top box... it will do wonders for your pic quality.

Attn all Bargain hunters:

A similar specs TV comes on sale the next week at ALDI.

Priced $869. Good point is 2 years warranty.

Bad thing: this is Tevion, e.g. if something goes wrong you have to wait for replacement (the last time I had been waiting for 3 months!)

So, it's up to you to decide.

The Aldi (tevion) TV specs are:

* panel make unknown

* Resolution: 1366 x 768 pixels

* 16:9 WXGA display

* HDTV ready at 1080i/720p

* Brightness: 500cd/m3

* Twin analogue tuner

* Contrast: 1000:1

* Response Time: 8ms (G/G)

* Viewing Angle: 176

* HDMI input

* PC multi-media input

* Picture in Picture

* Teletext function

* 2 x 10W output speakers

It looks fairly equivalent to the Aiko, however, the contrast (1000:1 of the Tevion opposed to the 1600:1 of the Aiko) is in the Aiko favour.

Does anyone have any comments on what they consider the best buy?

Hey guys i just bought this TV and im playing my PS2 on it until i get my PS3 i noticed the picture is a bit blurry and cut off a tiny bit on the right side any help would be apprecitated

cheers :blink:

Edited by Aussie_Nick