Aiko 81cm Lcd Tv

I purchased one yesterday, had the AWA on lay-by, cancelled that, and purchased the Aiko $898.00 , I'm very happy with the picture although it needs a bit

of tweeking.

I have found that HDMI connection to a HD box is not the best, component

is far better, much clearer and crisper picture, it has a small amount of light

bleed only on blacks, in the left bottom corner & bottom middle, this is not a

real problem as i don't really watch that much blank black screen TV LOL...

If it gets to me i will just return it within the year, and upgrade to the newer

model, the beauty of buying from bigw is they will except returns on seed that don't grow!!!, so i don't think returning a tv that has issues would be a problem..

All in all a great LCD for very little money, you can't really go wrong..

Jamie

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are people buying it for $898? I looked in BigW yesterday at chermside and it was selling for $999.

Big W Have their catalogue specials from wednesday to wednesday ususally, so the best time to look is wednesday's go to www.bigw.com.au and check out their online catalogue...

Jamie

Edited by bulberry

It would appear that this TV has a brightness problem. I thought it was only with my friends setup. However when I looked at text closely (as I usually sit 2m away) I noticed my had bands of blur. Then I tried Nvidia's display optimization wizard, with the classic panel, and part of it showed a screen which really emphasized the problem.

I believe it to be uneven backlight array.

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/5288/p1223060806jc5.jpg

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/6867/p1223060807ld0.jpg

Anyone else have this problem?

The thing is, the problem is not apparent when displaying plain single coloured screens, it would seem, be them grey or not. Pictures also show fine.

Big W at Chermside have the wrong price ticket on. I was there on the weekend and they also had it at $998. Couldn't be bothered telling them that in their current catalogue it was $898. Pity any non the wiser customer that pays $998.

Brazzwald

dont think the price is wrong, gone up everywhere. that catalogue is over.

however, maybe it's gone back up and boxing day itll go down, possibly even further?? wait and see i guess

It would appear that this TV has a brightness problem. I thought it was only with my friends setup. However when I looked at text closely (as I usually sit 2m away) I noticed my had bands of blur.

I can see bands of blur when i'm displaying text over vga on my screen also

however, if i adjust the clock setting, the bands of blur move, it doesn't help the blur, but they do move suggesting it's either just the quality of the vga signal or possibly how the screen deals with vga :/. Doesn't appear to be a backlight problem to me?

I can see bands of blur when i'm displaying text over vga on my screen also

however, if i adjust the clock setting, the bands of blur move, it doesn't help the blur, but they do move suggesting it's either just the quality of the vga signal or possibly how the screen deals with vga :/. Doesn't appear to be a backlight problem to me?

I can confirm bands of blur on my screen too, if I move text around on screen the blur appears at particular intervals. :blink:

My graphics card setting is 1280x768, and the aiko scales it to 1360x768. There is no 1360x768 setting on my graphics card.

At 1024x768 the bands of blur virtually disappear. I think its a scaling issue with 1280x768.

Hi Guys, I Have quite a high pitched noise coming from my Aiko, could this

be a setting of some sort, any help on this would be great. i am assuming maybe a sound setting!! any ideas???

Anyway merry xmas lads.

Jamie

Is the sound coming through the Aiko's built-in speakers, your hifi speakers or from the Aiko's cabinet?

If it is an audio setting, you can always press the "mute" button and see if it stops. If it doesn't go away, then it is probably the set itself. Could be something like the power supply, or fan if the Aiko has one.

Guest Sharlynn
Hey... on the front cover of the latest BigW catalogue they have on sale an Aiko 81cm LCD TV for 'special purchase' price of $998!

Listed;

* Quality LG-Philips widescreen panel

* Resolution: 1366 x 768 pixels

* Brightness: 500cd/m3

* Contrast: 1600:1 (dynamic)

* Response Time: 8ms (G/G)

* Viewing Angle: 178

* HDMI with HDCP support

* PC multi-media input

LTW-32D

Hi guys, I just bought a AIKO 81cm Lcd and must admit that I'm not all that inpressed with the PQ. Am I doing something wrong? picture seems not very clear. Any suggestions please!

Hi guys, I just bought a AIKO 81cm Lcd and must admit that I'm not all that inpressed with the PQ. Am I doing something wrong? picture seems not very clear. Any suggestions please!

Yep, more info please. Tell us what source and which AV connection you are using, elaborate on what 'not clear' means exactly. Phone the support number to ensure you dont have a faulty unit.

How have you set the screen up? Have you just plugged it into the wall socket and are using an analogue TV antenna?

LCD TV's and plasma's only shine when fed a digital signal!

Are you using a digital set top box? How have you hooked it up? Composite (single yellow plug)? S video (5 pin din socket)? Component (red, green, blue plugs)? Computer VGA DSub connector? HDMI?

Have you adjusted the brightness and contrast controls to improve the picture (default settings are too high).

You need to give us more information if you want us to help you!

Please post a reply with an accurate description of your set-up. :blink:

Is the sound coming through the Aiko's built-in speakers, your hifi speakers or from the Aiko's cabinet?

If it is an audio setting, you can always press the "mute" button and see if it stops. If it doesn't go away, then it is probably the set itself. Could be something like the power supply, or fan if the Aiko has one.

I muted the tv, the sound was still there, it only starts when the tv is on for a long time,

when you turn it off & on again it goes away, other than that i cant fault the set it's value for money...

i'll call Awa telefix, they will sort it out..

Jamie

I muted the tv, the sound was still there, it only starts when the tv is on for a long time,

when you turn it off & on again it goes away, other than that i cant fault the set it's value for money...

Jamie

Hmmmm. Sounds like a heat related issue if it only occurs when the set has been on for a long time. Because LCD TV cabinets are so slim, there isn't a lot of space to disperse heat that is generated by the screen and electronic circuitry.

I think you're right to call in a service technician. Just make sure that you leave it on so that they can hear it too.

Even small noises can be annoying in a quiet room and ruin your enjoyment of a movie or TV program.

It could also become worse over time. :blink:

Jamie

Funny, it sounds like something my 68cm Philips CRT does (a high pitch scream). Only way to get rid of it is to turn off and on, but is not a permanent fix.. This occurred after 1+ years of ownership.

but with my aiko there is no such sound (as yet, maybe with more use?)

A mate bought one of these and as a 2nd tv they are a great buy, but not one for Film buffs.

Nah, anyone buying this LCD expecting it to perform like a $2K plus TV must be dreamin'!

If you have $2K+ to spend, you have the choice of many many more models to choose from.

Hmmmm. Sounds like a heat related issue if it only occurs when the set has been on for a long time. Because LCD TV cabinets are so slim, there isn't a lot of space to disperse heat that is generated by the screen and electronic circuitry.

I think you're right to call in a service technician. Just make sure that you leave it on so that they can hear it too.

Even small noises can be annoying in a quiet room and ruin your enjoyment of a movie or TV program.

It could also become worse over time. :blink:

Thanks for your help Glider, i'll keep you all posted on the outcome....

Jamie

I've got my AIKO connected via HDMI to my PC with a 3m DVI->HDMI cable. The picture is VERY green and nothing in the nvidia settings stops it. It even does it while Windows boots up and the screen is total green when it should be black. My graphics card is a Geforce 6200. The picture from my SD STB is fine using component. Any ideas? Is it likely to be a problem with the HDMI in the TV or is it the PC?

I've got my AIKO connected via HDMI to my PC with a 3m DVI->HDMI cable. The picture is VERY green and nothing in the nvidia settings stops it. It even does it while Windows boots up and the screen is total green when it should be black. My graphics card is a Geforce 6200. The picture from my SD STB is fine using component. Any ideas? Is it likely to be a problem with the HDMI in the TV or is it the PC?

Have you tried connecting it to your PC via the VGA Dsub cable? If you still have the green screen problem using the VGA cable, I would be taking it back for an exchange quick smart! :blink: