Aiko 81cm Lcd Tv

Ive used mine as a PC monitor, text is blurred but only in alternating vertical bands ie from left to right on the screen the first 10 cm strip is crystal clear then the next 10cm is slightly blurry then clear and so on right across the screen. this is with dvi to hdmi cables.. no idea what its like with vga. If you werent to view text youd never be able to notice it, photos and everything else look great. I was going to take it back but couldnt be bothered... If anyone else has plugged theres into a pc and it displays text perfectly please let me know and i may get offf my arse to take it back, only bought it for xbox360 which looks great through vga and component which could possibly mean the hdmi is dodgy. The pc i plugged it into was an old celeron with an ATi 9550 and displayed images full screen with no over scan.

I used mine mainly as a monitor also... and don't seem to have that problem... I simple plug the blue vga cable to my 128mb nvidia card... easy.. the icon on my standard setting seem a little "fat" though !!

for $898 in the latest catalogue (damm could have got a HD DVD with that $100)... it is absolutely bargain... nothing else came close.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man. I nearly took my wallet out to buy it if not being knocked back by the fact that it cannot do Wii Component. Would appreciate if anyone fot a fix for the Wii.

I'm mildly considering importing a SCART or S-Video cable for the Wii. I don't really see component being fixed; the Wii is outputting a non-scaled signal, the TV can't handle it, and I don't expect anything to change it.

Damnit.

Edited by Xenex

I'm mildly considering importing a SCART or S-Video cable for the Wii. I don't really see component being fixed; the Wii is outputting a non-scaled signal, the TV can't handle it, and I don't expect anything to change it.

Damnit.

Will SCART or SVideo produce the same quality as the component cable mate? Sorry but I am a real noobie

Thax

Will SCART or SVideo produce the same quality as the component cable mate? Sorry but I am a real noobie

Thax

the issues is nes/snes emulator games that use odd resoutions that are not standard and you will find that most (if not all) plasmas/lcds will have same issue

now since we talking nes/snes games you might as well use composite as they are low res games and component/vga for the real wii games

its wii issue and not the tv itself

than finally why people buy wii is beyond my understanding :blink:

the issues is nes/snes emulator games that use odd resoutions that are not standard and you will find that most (if not all) plasmas/lcds will have same issue

now since we talking nes/snes games you might as well use composite as they are low res games and component/vga for the real wii games

its wii issue and not the tv itself

than finally why people buy wii is beyond my understanding :blink:

Xenex: I think it may be a problem with your TV only. On another Wii thread, I saw that someone said they managed to get the Wii running on their Aiko. How about taking it back to the supplier and asking for their help?

Croc: I owned a Xbox 360 too but Wii is much more fun and can be enjoyed by the whole family. My wife to detest games now starting doing bowling and tennis everyday :D

Xenex: I think it may be a problem with your TV only. On another Wii thread, I saw that someone said they managed to get the Wii running on their Aiko. How about taking it back to the supplier and asking for their help?

Oh, the Wii works, it's Virtual Console games that have the issue.

I haven't seen any other threads on any other forums with other LCD or plasma owners reporting the same issues... only people with with Aiko model.

i personally was an inch away from buying this particular 81cm model to use as a tv in the kitchen and as a new lcd pc monitor (killing 2 birds with one stone etc.). However still i'm a noobie, a few things r still on my mind.

1. Up to personal choice but wouldnt a 81cm lcd be too big for ur eyes for pc use, just worried about that and not liking the idea of moving back a bit.

2. Since im gonna use this for a tv as well in the kitchen, how would i swap from pc use to tv use without turning the pc off, is it just a channel change im presuming.

3. Is this brand of tv reliable, and do they have any other extra warranty options.

4. I wouldnt need a tv tuner card would i since i thought that was 4 watching tv from a pc lcd which is not tv compatible???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Oh, the Wii works, it's Virtual Console games that have the issue.

I haven't seen any other threads on any other forums with other LCD or plasma owners reporting the same issues... only people with with Aiko model.

i don't know where you were looking but internet is full of reports about this very issue with just about every plasma/lcd

here is one that got solution worth trying http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-virtua...sole-games.html

and once component cables show in more shops you will see tones more people posting

I used mine mainly as a monitor also... and don't seem to have that problem... I simple plug the blue vga cable to my 128mb nvidia card... easy.. the icon on my standard setting seem a little "fat" though !!

for $898 in the latest catalogue (damm could have got a HD DVD with that $100)... it is absolutely bargain... nothing else came close.

Wonder if I can play the

"salesman told me there would be NO SALES BEFORE XMAS and thats why I bought one for $998. I would like a $100 refund please, or I will be returning my 2 week old unit in the box for a full refund."

Wonder if I can play the

"salesman told me there would be NO SALES BEFORE XMAS and thats why I bought one for $998. I would like a $100 refund please, or I will be returning my 2 week old unit in the box for a full refund."

Its BigW we are talking about here. No-one cares. Trust me. :blink:

Can someone tell me what the actual depth of this unit is. The depth in the specs states 260mm but Im hoping that includes the depth of the stand.

I need to know as Im planning to mount it onto a wall as most panels this size are around 100mm.

Its BigW we are talking about here. No-one cares. Trust me. :blink:

Can someone tell me what the actual depth of this unit is. The depth in the specs states 260mm but Im hoping that includes the depth of the stand.

I need to know as Im planning to mount it onto a wall as most panels this size are around 100mm.

260mm would be with the stand

i can't find my tape to check to do the dot but i think it would be less then 100mm (by eye messurment)

260mm would be with the stand

i can't find my tape to check to do the dot but i think it would be less then 100mm (by eye messurment)

I think it is exactly 100mm, from my observation (with tape), but it is rounded, so exact measurement is impossible.

Rezok, you could try for the $100 refund, but I don't like your chances, no one made you purchase at the $998 price. Don't know if I'd be bothered taking it back because it's $100 cheaper now. If your set is working properly and your happy why would you bother $100 really is very little difference in price if the set last you the next 5 years or so. Don't forget if you also tempt fate by doing this you could end up with a set with dead pixels or other issues. In my opinion it's just not worth it.

Not to mention that just after Christmas the things will probably be out at $799 - what are you going to do then... return a second one, where does it end. Even at $998 these sets appear to offer very good value for money.

Rezok, you could try for the $100 refund, but I don't like your chances, no one made you purchase at the $998 price. Don't know if I'd be bothered taking it back because it's $100 cheaper now. If your set is working properly and your happy why would you bother $100 really is very little difference in price if the set last you the next 5 years or so. Don't forget if you also tempt fate by doing this you could end up with a set with dead pixels or other issues. In my opinion it's just not worth it.

Not to mention that just after Christmas the things will probably be out at $799 - what are you going to do then... return a second one, where does it end. Even at $998 these sets appear to offer very good value for money.

i agree, with LCDs if you got perfect set without dead pixels trying to get 100$ and risk getting new unit that could have some dead pixels is just not worth

i got two of those so i could "save" $200 but with so much crap lcds on the market i feel very happy about price i paid

Can anyone provide a link to the catalogue that says $898 for this TV please. Cant seem to find it anywhere on the net. Thanks a lot
even tho some received the hardcopy catalogue in the post the other day, the online version was only released this morning.

Here's the link to the TV; http://www.bigw.com.au/catalogue%2014-12-0.../pages/24/d.jpg

Here's the link to their catalogue; http://www.bigw.com.au/catalogue%2014-12-0...te/index01.html