Sign in to follow this  
sammyg

Samsung N7

What is the word on this Lcd? What is it meant to be like, is it going to be better than the R series? Is there a release date for here as it has been out in the UK for a month or so?

I think this is the one you are talking about, it should be cheaper than the equivalent Sony X series, but has a 2% overscan issue people are complaining about on the AVS forums.

LN-S4696D TV/Video 1920 x 1080p

HD-grade 1920(H) x 1080(V) pixel resolution

Widescreen aspect ratio

6000:1 dynamic contrast ratio

178 deg(H)/178 deg(V) viewing angle

S-PVA Panel

CCFL - Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp

(92% NTSC color gamut)

10-bit processor with 6.4 billion colors

Digital Cable Ready (DCR) tuner with CableCARD slot

Built-in digital tuner (ATSC)

Fast 8ms response time

New optimized game mode

Swivel stand

LN-S4696D Audio

"Hidden" bottom speakers with "D.A.C.S" (Dual Acoustic Chamber System)

SRS TruSurround XT

Watts per channel: 10W x 2

LN-S4696D Connections

2 HDMI - High Definition Multimedia Interface

Component video input (Y,Pb,Pr) (480i/480p/720p/1080i)

IEEE 1394

S-video and composite video inputs

Side A/V inputs

PC (RGB) input

RS232C (portable audio compatibilty)

USB 1.1

Coaxial antenna input

VESA compatible

Sorry dbb, but for the simple minded on here (me) can you explain what an overscanning issue means?

I guess this kinda kills any argument that the Sammys are 'better value' than the Sony coz they are 'made in the same factory' and use 'the same panel'...

Don't you think?!

Pretty sure we aren't going to see the N series here, not under that name anyway. The 1080p Samsung here will be the F series I believe

I guess no one knows when the sammy 1080p would be coming (F or N or whatever they decide to name it)?

I guess no one knows when the sammy 1080p would be coming (F or N or whatever they decide to name it)?

I have been told first week of november. it will be released at the same time as the blue ray player. HN will be the first to get them. At least a month b4 anybody else. I have already confirmed this with my local HN store

I have been told first week of november. it will be released at the same time as the blue ray player. HN will be the first to get them. At least a month b4 anybody else. I have already confirmed this with my local HN store

Harvey Norman and JB Hi Fi stores will get the first shipments of Blu ray and The F series will come in a couple of flavours, a 40'' and a delicious 46'' version.

A US version user manual for the LN-S4696D can be accessed from here. Be warned though, it is a 33 meg PDF with 380 pages. It does contain 3 language versions though with the english version being 125 pages.

Spec information at the back of the document is somewhat light on and as for PC connection via HDMI, there is the all too familiar statement on page 110, "You cannot connect this TV to a PC via HDMI/DVI".

N73 Series is just a slightly enhanced version of the R Series as can be seen here:

Resolution is still at 1366x768

2xHDMI Inputs

Wide Colour Gamut

Slight Increase in Contrast ratio.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/televis...=Specifications

The F71 Series is the New 1080p models by Samsung.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/televis...=Specifications

So basically what you are all telling me is not to hold my breath for a Samsung N, M or F series in a 32 inch model? Am I correct in saying there is no point in waiting as a improved 32 Samsung is not in the pipeline here anytime soon and that the R bdx is as good as Samsung will do here for a while in a 32 inch?

The N73 Series are available in 32", 40 and 46"

The M73 Series are available in 32" and 40" 100hz LCD TV

Im pretty sure will we see one of these two sets here, as we recieved the R Series not long after its release in Europe.

The M91 Series is only available in 40" and has some sort of LED backlighting for improved contrast and blacks.

The F71 1080p series are only available in 40" and 46" formats.

As for the availabiltiy here anytime soon for the M91 and F71 Series, who knows.

The N73 Series are available in 32", 40 and 46"

The M73 Series are available in 32" and 40" 100hz LCD TV

Im pretty sure will we see one of these two sets here, as we recieved the R Series not long after its release in Europe.

The M91 Series is only available in 40" and has some sort of LED backlighting for improved contrast and blacks.

The F71 1080p series are only available in 40" and 46" formats.

As for the availabiltiy here anytime soon for the M91 and F71 Series, who knows.

The new F series will be released here in November according to Samsung's web site

http://www.samsung.com/au/presscenter/pres..._0000290656.asp

Hope this helps

Cheers

Den

I like this statement : A number of leading competitor brands actually use Samsung LCD panels in their own televisions.

I wonder if Sony will appreciate what is obviously designed to encourage certain Internet rumours ...

hey all. i'm new here and very interested in purchasing a new TV. have been looking around but hear the LA40R71BDX has poor quality for PC in, is that correct?

Would the new F series be good for plugging a PC in? - Also how would it connect to the TV? - DVI, HDMI?

Thx

Drew

hey all. i'm new here and very interested in purchasing a new TV. have been looking around but hear the LA40R71BDX has poor quality for PC in, is that correct?

Would the new F series be good for plugging a PC in? - Also how would it connect to the TV? - DVI, HDMI?

Thx

Drew

Just thought I would update, seems the Samsung F will get HDMI 1.3 !!! Bonus for that, this might be the screen to get I think, not long now till it is in stores.

Just thought I would update, seems the Samsung F will get HDMI 1.3 !!! Bonus for that, this might be the screen to get I think, not long now till it is in stores.

Can you provide a link with confirmation of this?

Can you provide a link with confirmation of this?

No Link this is what I was told, also 1080 over component and HDMI !!!!!!

No Link this is what I was told, also 1080 over component and HDMI !!!!!!

Fair enough. Very exciting if true.

My Xbox 360 is screaming for this screen.

Any idea when in November these will be out? Cost and if its got a HD built in tuner?

Fair enough. Very exciting if true.

My Xbox 360 is screaming for this screen.

Any idea when in November these will be out? Cost and if its got a HD built in tuner?

First week I was told, I can't wait myself this is the dream TV! Should be sub $4,000

wondering what would be the price of the 46" ????

this or the expensive sony????

since they are the same panel and this is far cheaper and just as good - why waste money

Crap! Seems like the UK model of the F71 doesnt have a built in Digital Tuner.

What are the chances of Samsung Australia puttting in a Digital Tuner?. These should be standard across the High End LCD TV's.

Crap! Seems like the UK model of the F71 doesnt have a built in Digital Tuner.

What are the chances of Samsung Australia puttting in a Digital Tuner?. These should be standard across the High End LCD TV's.

personally id prefer it without the inbuilt as I already have a tuner and should make it cheaper too