Confused

Alan

Page 27 of the manual

This section describes how to automatically search for and set up

TV channels.

Using Auto Installation

When the plasma display is switched on for the first time after

purchase, the initial auto installation is initiated. You can set tuner

type and region in successive operations.

1 Select “Tuner Type” (?/?).

2 Select the desired tuner type (?/?).

•You can select from “All”, “Digital” or “Analogue”.

•When you select “All”, set up DTV channels then analogue

channels in successive operations. When you select

“Digital”, only DTV channels are scanned. Likewise, when

you select “Analogue”, only analogue TV channels are

scanned.

3 Select “Region” (?/?).

4 Select your region (?/?).

•Select the city or region in which you live. If it is not listed,

select “Auto Detection” for automatic setup.

5 Select “Start“ (?/? then ENTER).

Auto Installation automatically starts.

•To quit Auto Installation in progress, press RETURN.

6 After Auto Installation finishes, press HOME MENU to

exit.

Note

•You can start Auto Installation from the Home menu after

moving to another city, for example. Perform the following

steps before starting Auto Installation: Press HOME MENU,

select “Setup” (?/? then ENTER), then “Auto Installation” (?/

? then ENTER). The password entry screen appears. Enter

your 4-digit password using buttons 0 to 9.

•If no channels are found, check the antenna connections, and

then retry Auto Installation.

Setting up analogue TV channels manually

Use the Manual Adjust function to set up analogue TV channels

manually.

1 Press HOME MENU.

2 Select “Setup“ (?/? then ENTER).

3 Select “Analogue TV Setup“ (?/? then ENTER).

The password entry screen appears. Enter your 4-digit

password using buttons 0 to 9. For the password, see Using a

password on page49.

4 Select “Manual Adjust“ (?/? then ENTER).

5 Select “Programme Entry“ (?/?).

6 Select a programme number (?/?).

You can select 1 through 99.

7 Select “Search“ (?/?).

8 Enter a frequency using buttons 0 to 9, then ENTER.

You can also press ?/? to enter a frequency.

Setting Child Lock

Child Lock inhibits selected TV channels from being tuned and

watched.

1 Repeat steps 1 to 6 provided for “Setting up analogue TV

channels manually“.

After selecting a programme number, perform the following

steps:

2 Select “Child Lock“ (?/?).

3 Select “Block“ (?/?).

•The selection is switched between “View” and “Block”.

4 Press HOME MENU to exit the menu. Tuner NR

PIP works on any source, as long as one of the pictures is either your Digital tuner or analog tuner. For example, I have had my foxtel and Digital tuner working, my DVD and digtal tuner working no probs. But you cannot have two 'other' sources PIP, no foxtel and DVD for example..

Hey everyone - 1st time poster long time lurker etc

I just purchased the 50" Pioneer PDP507 for $4688.10 from Myer Bendigo

I used the Myer One discount ($10 off for every $75 spent) and the Myer Source Card (10% off) taking it from the ticket price of $5,999 to $4,688.10 with 3 months interest free. I will also get some myer one vouchers as well (not exactly sure how much but should be approximately $100 or so).

Very happy with the price. I have scanned a copy of the receipt but I'm not sure how to post it. Happy to email it to people via PM although the Myer One discount ended on the 29th October 2006.

Will let people know what I think of it when I get it installed, run in and professionally calibrated.

Hi Waylander,

I realy want to see 507 in my room. :blink:

Any chance of emailing the receipt to 'johnny9999@hotmail.com'.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers mate.

I've noticed a slight buzzing noise from the back of my 427 panel - it is just audible from 2.6m when the TV sound is muted.

My gut feeling is that it's nothing abnormal but would just like to check that other Pio 507 or 427 owners have the same thing.

Otherwise I'll be contacting Pioneer.

Thanks.

By the way, I am still constantly in awe of the picture quality this panel produces. I watched the latest Pirates of the Caribean dvd the other day - storyline itself very average, but the picture quality blew me away.......

By the way, I am still constantly in awe of the picture quality this panel produces. I watched the latest Pirates of the Caribean dvd the other day - storyline itself very average, but the picture quality blew me away.......

Lavs, could I trouble you to take a few minutes to post your PQ settings here?

I've noticed a slight buzzing noise from the back of my 427 panel - it is just audible from 2.6m when the TV sound is muted.

My gut feeling is that it's nothing abnormal but would just like to check that other Pio 507 or 427 owners have the same thing.

Otherwise I'll be contacting Pioneer.

Thanks.

It's normal mate. My 507 does it to, it's pretty loud when you stick your head behind the panel to plug stuff in... But I cant' hear it from my sofa so it's all good..

A few replies:

Noise/buzzing - not heard anything from my 507 in this respect but can't say i have spent much time with it on mute, so maybe there is some but it's certainly not noticable from 3mtr viewing distance with 'normal' tv volume.

Can't get my head around the back of it as it's mounted on the wall :-)

Settings:

Internal tuner:

AV: User

Contrast: 25

Brightness: 0

Colour: -12

Tint: 0

Sharpness: -12

Pro Adj: all on default

Surge protection:

Yes I have a reasonably priced Dick Smith one with power/antenna and phone line protection - IIRC it was approx $60, don't know if it really does anything but it's a sort of piece of mind thing I guess. I wonder if they ever pay up on the insurance protection that it comes with.....

Madmax,

Here are my settings below. I've only had the panel a week, so they're only preliminary. Angryofmayfair, I tried your settings also: I felt they hid artefact better than my settings, but I found the colours a little bland and the picture less sharp than my settings. (please don't take offence to my comments - at the end of the day it's all personal preference :blink: ).

Contrast - 30

Brightness - 6

Colour - 3

Tint - 10

Sharpness 0

Looking forward to seeing Punter score his double hundred tomorrow on my new plasma.........

Lavs, I haven't heard any "buzzing" from the back of my 507 as yet. In the manual they do state that some is normal of plasma technology, but of course there has to be an acceptable/non-acceptable threshold/level.

Traumatized, I have a powerboard with filtering, surge protection, "brown-out" protection (adjustable) and ariel protection. Brand :blink: I think it is a Powerguard Extreme, about 2 or $300...........not sure as it was brought about 18 months ago from our local HiFi shop. I have seen them in HN's also.

Cheers, Steve M.

Edited by stevemono

Madmax,

Here are my settings below. I've only had the panel a week, so they're only preliminary. Angryofmayfair, I tried your settings also: I felt they hid artefact better than my settings, but I found the colours a little bland and the picture less sharp than my settings. (please don't take offence to my comments - at the end of the day it's all personal preference :D ).

Contrast - 30

Brightness - 6

Colour - 3

Tint - 10

Sharpness 0

Looking forward to seeing Punter score his double hundred tomorrow on my new plasma.........

No probs - yes it's purely a personal thing, and I prefer the contrast around 30 but don't want to risk image burn and I always find the colour saturation on plasmas in general to be too high, almost cartoonish...

Whatever, I think I will be going for the ISF calibration in the new year.

The double century looks like it will happen, unfortunately :blink:

:P