Pioneer 507

I dont see why it would void the warranty by using an aftermarket wall mount. Does it specifically say that it would in the warranty details, or is it because a salesman was trying to con u into buying the ridiculously priced pana wall mount. Wall mount aside, the pana would have to better money for value i believe.

I am just going on what the salesman said but it is worth further investigation.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A word of warning - don't buy the leads off the Pioneer guys - they are way too expensive ($70 for a 1mtr component cable!) - you can get excellent quality leads for 1/3 the price from Jaycar

Guys,

From reading the posts I take it the unit comes with no HDMI cabling?

Based on my proposed setup of Pioneer 507 display, Pioneer DV696 DVD player and Yamaha RX-V1700 or Onkyo TX-SR674 receiver will I need to buy 2 HDMI cables?

Not after recommendations on cables just confirmation that I will need to buy 2...

Guys,

Based on my proposed setup of Pioneer 507 display, Pioneer DV696 DVD player and Yamaha RX-V1700 or Onkyo TX-SR674 receiver will I need to buy 2 HDMI cables?

Not after recommendations on cables just confirmation that I will need to buy 2...

Nope no cables supplied other than a mains lead :blink:

Guest CrustyDemon
Guys,

507 to RX-V1700 out = 1 HDMI

RX-V1700 in to DV696 out = 1 HDMI

Total - 2 HDMI.... Yes, you need 2, if you want HDMI all the way.

The best price i have come up with so far was $5100 for cash at clive anthonys brisbane mt gravatt.

Thanks for that. I had just about bought one for $5500 when I read your post.

Went to Clive Anthony's at Mt Gravatt (Logan Road) today and bought the 507 for $5100. Also bought the VSX-2016 for $1380 (rrp $1799). Good deal + Pioneer extends the amp's warranty to 5 years.

Nick Murray was the sales guy and he reckons this price is below floor cost, whatever that means.

And now, onto the speakers!

Hi All,

I purchased the 507 from Clive Peters in Thomas Town (Melbourne) for $5000 even, great service worth the trip out if you live in Melbourne.

That's a good price.

Did you get anything else with it ?

Do you have the name of a salesman ?

It'd be worth the short drive from Tulla.

Guess I'm just thinking out loud,..

The 507 comes with the bottom removable speaker section. If you're setting up separate front left/rights on either side of the plasma. Is it possible/worthwhile to somehow rig up the supplied bottom speaker(s) as a center ?

Or is this just a stupid thought ?

It's not that stupid but it's probably not such a good idea - a decent hi-fi receiver would/could quiet easily turn the cones inside out if you pump up the volume. also the speaker would most likely not match the main front left & right sonically which would highlight it's relevant poor sound quailty (although as a stand alone TV speaker it's not that shabby really)

It would be fairly easy to connect it to a surround receiver as the wiring is external BUT it would then mean that you couldn't use it with the internal tuner via the Pioneer's stereo amp...

I must admit that I also considered doing this but in the end decided it was not worth the trouble and had the pio mounted on the wall (for free) which leaves room for a decent (and matching) centre channel under it

Cheers for the reply angry.

Just going through all the options before I start spending the $$s.

At this point I'm looking at settling with Pioneer gear,... the 507, VSX2016AVS, DV490VS. Speakers, I'm looking at B&W range. The room is 6m x 7.5m, with one of the 6m walls landing the plasma. Probably sitting about 3.5m-4m away. I need to brick in a small 960mm window before I get started.

That should be a really good setup!

If you are going with that sort of quality sound (B & W) I would say that the 507's speaker bar would really not be up to matching that sort of quality or sound level...

I doubt you will be disappointed with Pioneer - I have had fair bit of Pioneer stuff over the years, inlcuding a 1730 laser disc player and a VSXD1S receiver (their 1st top of the range dolby prologic) - both close to 15yrs old and still work perfectly (AFAIK - I never use them and they are taking up room in the garage!)

PS I'm sitting 3.7mtr from my 507 and I would say it's just about the perfect distance - close enough to appreciate the PQ without seeing too many problems from the source material :blink:

Hi All,

I purchased the 507 from Clive Peters in Thomas Town (Melbourne) for $5000 even, great service worth the trip out if you live in Melbourne.

Hi Alex,

Thats a great price I was over at Northland JB Hi Fi and their best price was cash take today 5,800. I however thought the sales guy was smoking crack. Do you have the sales persons name at Clive Peters Thomastown? Did you purchase anything else?

Thanks VM

Jason

Hi Alex,

Thats a great price I was over at Northland JB Hi Fi and their best price was cash take today 5,800. I however thought the sales guy was smoking crack. Do you have the sales persons name at Clive Peters Thomastown? Did you purchase anything else?

Thanks VM

Jason

Yeah, he's gone quiet after his single post. I asked the same questions up a few posts. Might drive out there tomorrow.

Yeah, he's gone quiet after his single post. I asked the same questions up a few posts. Might drive out there tomorrow.

No worries Jimbo please let us know how you go there, I was also in the Malvern area earlier this morning and got tempted to hop into Clive Peters Malvern, and the best price the sales guy gave was bit of a joke 6,100.00 (could be area code=expensive price)

But couldn't believe the prices I was getting quoted by JB and Clive since a few members have reported purchased panels around the 5,500 mark. The other hurdle I was having today was convincing the missis the 50 inch would look much bettter then a 42 ......bloody hell. But sitting at a distance of 2.5 meters and having a sky light (reflection issues) to combat with she could have a point............NO she doesn't .......

50 inch with some claibaration should do the trick :blink:

Guys - I really think $5300 should be pretty achievable without too much haggling. Plenty of posters including me, have bought 507s below this. $5200 is apparently cost price before rebates so it's obviously harder to get below this. If you do have to pay a little more than you wanted to, just make sure that you buy through a retailer with their own stock on hand (JB, Clive Anthony's etc). At least you'll get it installed asap.

Guys - I really think $5300 should be pretty achievable without too much haggling. Plenty of posters including me, have bought 507s below this. $5200 is apparently cost price before rebates so it's obviously harder to get below this. If you do have to pay a little more than you wanted to, just make sure that you buy through a retailer with their own stock on hand (JB, Clive Anthony's etc). At least you'll get it installed asap.

From my point,.. I'm in no rush, in fact even if I do decide to buy now/soon; there won't be any install till at least late November early December - one of the reasons I've been holding off from 'seriously' visiting the shops. I prefer to go in with a mindset of buying rather than 'fishing' for a price.

I have mentioned this in another thread. I bought my 507 from David Jones in Perth 2 weeks ago for $5,150 on 48 months int free (1/3rd deposit) with virtually no haggling (told the salesman the myer 10% +10% sale price and he beat it straight away...

Can't wait to have it installed, going from a 42" Sony rear projection so the improvement should be amazing...

Guest Viditor
I have mentioned this in another thread. I bought my 507 from David Jones in Perth 2 weeks ago for $5,150 on 48 months int free (1/3rd deposit) with virtually no haggling (told the salesman the myer 10% +10% sale price and he beat it straight away...

Can't wait to have it installed, going from a 42" Sony rear projection so the improvement should be amazing...

And thanks to Brett, I got the same deal at David Jones here in Sydney today...

$5150 and 2 years interest free (if you add in the earnings on interest, that's close to $4500)

Hey everyone,

Just make sure when you receieve your PDP507XDA or your PDP427XDA new series Pioneer Plamsa they have had the software upgrade done to them. The tv's are glitching on the Channel 7 HD loop and are locking onto it and you cant change the channel or do anything. The software upgrade is being done at present by japanese technicians and all new panels shipped already have this software applied to them. It has something to do with the format of the HD loop on Channel 7 and it is the only place in the world this issue has happened, Luckily they have fixed it simply and quickly

$5150 and 2 years interest free (if you add in the earnings on interest, that's close to $4500)

Hey everyone - 1st time poster long time lurker etc

I just purchased the 50" Pioneer PDP507 for $4688.10 from Myer Bendigo

I used the Myer One discount ($10 off for every $75 spent) and the Myer Source Card (10% off) taking it from the ticket price of $5,999 to $4,688.10 with 3 months interest free. I will also get some myer one vouchers as well (not exactly sure how much but should be approximately $100 or so).

Very happy with the price. I have scanned a copy of the receipt but I'm not sure how to post it. Happy to email it to people via PM although the Myer One discount ended on the 29th October 2006.

Will let people know what I think of it when I get it installed, run in and professionally calibrated.

Hey everyone - 1st time poster long time lurker etc

I just purchased the 50" Pioneer PDP507 for $4688.10 from Myer Bendigo

I used the Myer One discount ($10 off for every $75 spent) and the Myer Source Card (10% off) taking it from the ticket price of $5,999 to $4,688.10 with 3 months interest free. I will also get some myer one vouchers as well (not exactly sure how much but should be approximately $100 or so).

Very happy with the price. I have scanned a copy of the receipt but I'm not sure how to post it. Happy to email it to people via PM although the Myer One discount ended on the 29th October 2006.

Will let people know what I think of it when I get it installed, run in and professionally calibrated.

Great price.....can you email a copy of the receipt to socom1936@hotmail.com. Thanks Andrea

Fantastic mate!!!! Glad I could help..

Though Waylander got an awesome deal as well, good stuff...

What price for cash?

I have been told by different Harvey Norman, Myer and David Jones stores that they can discount better on Int free purchases rather than cash these days... Seems weird to me and some stores will still tell you they can't discount any int free buys... Very hit and miss...

I asked all of them what their best cash price for my 507 would be, and they all did WAYYY better prices once we started talking about interest free periods...