Panasonic Sd Plasma Th-42pa60a - Need An Advise

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howdy sorry havent had time to reply to your email if you have a fax number I can fax the Dick Smiths invoice to you tonight - just email me the fax number - I have no access to my "home" email at work.

Cheers

Waz

Email sent :-)

Thanks mate you are a champion! You are going to make my weekend!

Guest shogun1503560900
Email sent :-)

Thanks mate you are a champion! You are going to make my weekend!

Wassa / Belmont - I couldn't get you to pass this invoice further down the line so I too can take HN for all their worth. If you could that would be great.

cheers

Shogun

Guest wassa001
Wassa / Belmont - I couldn't get you to pass this invoice further down the line so I too can take HN for all their worth. If you could that would be great.

cheers

Shogun

No problem send me an email with a fax number and ill fax the rct through.

Cheers

Waz

Guest durden2001

Cheers

Waz

I would greatly appreciate it as well :blink: If it's not too much of a nuisance.

\

Does the SD Pana have any speakers built in at all>??

Cheers..

• Volunteer
I would greatly appreciate it as well :blink: If it's not too much of a nuisance.

\

Does the SD Pana have any speakers built in at all>??

Cheers..

Yes it does. Don't actually know how they sound though as I run everything through the AVR.

Is the speaker detachable?

No, not detachable. Speaker runs along bottom of panel. Decent sound for a TV speaker IMHO. I use its inbuilt speaker when watching news, run of the mill FTA from PVR, and sounds OK. DVD and favourite FTA shows run through AVR.

Yes, a copy of a receipt would be great as am in Tasmania This would be the only way I will get a price match.

I have just emailed retravision sydney, goodguys store that had them for $1699, myer sydney and dicksmith powerhouse. Getting quotes for cash or credit card payments. I will post the a copy of the email that gives me the best quote here. Lets hope they come back with a price under $1700.

Cheers

Waz

Wazza do you mind if i grab a copy of that invoice too plz mate.. nobody will price match without proof up here in Brisbane..

Why cant I email or PM? is it because i am new to this board?

Edited by whiteknightoz

$1789 at JB HIfi today...still the lowest I have found...Apparently they are getting smashed by thier operition...and Panasonic is not not helping them out...so don't care for Panasonic so they will try and seel you something else

• 3 weeks later...

Hi does anybody know if this unit is able to produce picture in picture?

I was told by the salesman that once I got a STB for it, that it would be able to show one digital picture and one analogue. Ive read the the manual, done all the searches and im starting to think that he put one over me.

Cheers

Brad

Hi does anybody know if this unit is able to produce picture in picture?

I was told by the salesman that once I got a STB for it, that it would be able to show one digital picture and one analogue. Ive read the the manual, done all the searches and im starting to think that he put one over me.

Cheers

Brad

Sorry Brad, seems you've been had... No PIP on this one... (I know what you're thinking, it's VERY unusual for a salesman to give you a bum-steer, isn't it !!! Now now, note to self, MUST NOT be so pessimistic...).

I wanted to ask, whether I can use a DVI -> HDMI cable on the PA60A, from a PC?

Because the PA60A does not have VGA, what is the best method of connecting a PC to it? I would most likely try to run the pc at the proper res 852x480... I have SVideo out and Component but, that will limit my resolution to TV standards which is rather low compared to 480P

I'm wondering, and I'm sure this might have been answered before but I just can't find it... Are Panasonic's sturdy? As in, will I need to extend my warranty or will it fail within the first 12 months if it's going to fail?

I'm really pushing myself to spend so much for a tele, and I might not even get it if I have to pay even more for an ex warranty :blink:

I'd skip the Ext Waranty then morien. Most electronic equipment if its going after a week will keep going for years. There is obviously a small chance your new TV could 'fail' just after 1 year. However the chances of it disintegrating into a lump of plastic (ie needing a complete replacement) are exceedingly small. Most likely if you are unlucky enough to have a failure it will cost $100 to get some huy out and probably a few hundred to replace some part. Your still ahead dollar wise and this is assuming the 2% (?) chance of a part busting does occur.

Basically stores love extended waranties. That's because they've done the exact sums above and realise they can sell them for $x and it only costs them $x/2 to have to go and fix the odd failure. Extended waranties are mainly for that little bit of extra peace of mind.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

NB As for 'sturdy' its pretty hard to tell. However FWIW lots of people are buying this TV on the forum and there have been few complaints (remembering that people are much more likely to post negative rather than positive/neutral comments.

extended warranty to 5 years was $200....

in my opinion why wouldn't i get it???

getting a tech to my place would alone cost at least $100 per hour.

$200 to cover for all 4 extra years..... I should ask if parts is included....

just a question is the extended warranty from panasonic?

Edited by beatmag