Plasma Power Usage

Just got my new Panasonic 42"HD today, and was wondering how much I should budget for increased power charges!

I am sure that it will cost more than my old 68cm Sharp 4:3

Tell me the bad news . . . . . :blink:

Thanks in advance!!!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my new Panasonic 42"HD today, and was wondering how much I should budget for increased power charges!

I am sure that it will cost more than my old 68cm Sharp 4:3

Tell me the bad news . . . . . :blink:

Thanks in advance!!!

Is this a joke ???? If not then I cannot believe there is actually someone so anal on the world....

More the fool you for commenting. In this energy conscious age I would have thought it was a legitimate question.

Cheers, Ian

Someone has just blown $2K-$3K on a unit and is worrying about the $80 per year it's going to cost to run, please spare me from this inane stupidity :blink:

And as far as the comment "this energy conscious age", if that is truely relevant than shouldn't you be asking "how much energy did it take to manufacture AND how much pollution did the manufacturing process generate".

Funniest thread I've seen for ages. Cheered me up immensely.

Like buying a camera and not being able to afford the film (showing my age - no one uses film anymore do they).

Or like buying a Mercedes/Jaguar etc etc and not being able to put fuel in it.

Perhaps you could leave the plasma off and save power/energy. Just sit and stare at it each night and admire it's design and beauty. :blink::D

Funniest thread I've seen for ages. Cheered me up immensely.

Like buying a camera and not being able to afford the film (showing my age - no one uses film anymore do they).

Or like buying a Mercedes/Jaguar etc etc and not being able to put fuel in it.

Perhaps you could leave the plasma off and save power/energy. Just sit and stare at it each night and admire it's design and beauty. :D:P

:P:P:blink: or put your :P on so you don't see the meter ticking over

Ease up guys, it's a legitimate question.

bc27 didn't say he/she was going to watch it any less if it cost more, they just wanted to be aware of the difference between old & new.

Let's face it, someone looking to save $50 a year on electricity is no worse than someone posting a Best Price thread on a $200 item :blink:

Let's face it, someone looking to save $50 a year on electricity is no worse than someone posting a Best Price thread on a $200 item :P
Good on ya Foggy. The smile on my face is getting even broader. :blink::D
dude you probably dont deserve to own a plasma
No need to be cruel. :P

I don't think this guy really wants to know about the power usage... he just got a NEW PLASMA... he wants some attention don't you think?! :blink:

Just another Troll wanting to get their 15 minutes of fame - hasn't even bothered to come back to the thread since the 1st post

THREAD CLOSED

Just another Troll wanting to get their 15 minutes of fame - hasn't even bothered to come back to the thread since the 1st post

THREAD CLOSED

Probably we silly buggers scared him off. Nice plasma btw. Congratulations. No the thread's not closed (yet).

By now he has probably checked the power usage of his plasma from the user manual, compared it to his old telly, worked out the cost difference between operating the two units and decided there is not much he can do about it anyway. He may also be having a bit of a laugh at the subsequent discussion in this thread.

***SNIP***

If someone upgraded a 4cylinder car to v6, wouldn't it be fair to ask how much fuel increase ($$) should one expect ?

yeah but you would ask before you bought it.

couldn't help myself...........my 2c worth (no pun intended :D ).......... :blink:

Grow up, people. Stop ganging up on the poor guy and take a look at yourself in the mirror. Some of us have to work really hard and save up for a long time to be able to buy a nice plasma.

The fact that if you can afford $$$ plasma is irrelevant, some people have a good savings habbit and can't help thinking about the cost of electricity. Note 'thinking about' is not the same as 'worried sick I'm gonna sell the plasma because it costs too much too much to run'.

Most of Aussies have drink-like-there's-no-tomorrow Commodores yet come filling up time you all **** about fuel price.

More the fool you for commenting. In this energy conscious age I would have thought it was a legitimate question.

Cheers, Ian

Guys, I have some questions:

* I need to know will the heat from the plasma cause me to use more water from Sydneys Dam? (thru evaporation)

* Will the dealer be able to deliver with an electric delivery van. Im worried about using up valuable oil reserves.

* how much energy was used by the factory making this TV

* what raw materials were used by the factory? These should stay in the ground IMOP

* is the TV 100% recyclable? say, can i eat it?

* can I hug a tree while watching it?

lol

some ppl are sooo serious ! :blink::D

Maybe when Energy Australia (hypothetically speaking - no need to stress) start having rebates for energy efficient products like Sydney Water do with washing machines, then people might take this abit more seriously!

I took it on face value as a legitimate Q and was actually interested to find out people's response....no matter how little monetary difference it may be.

Guest WalrusLike

Folks.... lets cool it..... many internet discussions turn into flame fests because of our intolerance. Yes the cost of the electricity may be unavoidable but if you cant ask about it here... where can you?

Do we really want to make it so that only the bold or the ignorant are prepared to speak up because of the risk of being shot down in flames? Nah.... lets keep this a friendly and helpful place. I, for one, have benefitted greatly from the knowlege and help that many here have shown to me and others.

Remember how easy it is to offend, so lets approach this forum with a polite and gentle attitude.. and remember the old saying 'If you dont have something nice (or useful) to say... dont say it.' ....Just my take on things....

Guys, I have some questions:

* I need to know will the heat from the plasma cause me to use more water from Sydneys Dam? (thru evaporation)

* Will the dealer be able to deliver with an electric delivery van. Im worried about using up valuable oil reserves.

* how much energy was used by the factory making this TV

* what raw materials were used by the factory? These should stay in the ground IMOP

* is the TV 100% recyclable? say, can i eat it?

* can I hug a tree while watching it?

lol

some ppl are sooo serious ! :blink::D

Or perhaps they comprehend just how serious the world's current environmental predicament is? :P Some people are also serious about the impact of booming flat television sales on Australia's balance of payments. BTW asking how much energy and resources were consumed in making a TV is very pertinent question - you could make a great greenie. :P