Sign in to follow this  
cttc

Foxtel Faq - Setup & Use (& Optus Digital)

Which Dell PJ is it, the basic 1200 only supports Composite and S-video at 15625/25i, the 1800, 2400, 3400 accept either RGB or Component via the VGA port (DB15).

Assuming you have the 1800 or higher, I Personally would use Component via the VGA port, you will require a cable similar to here

Cyril

Which Dell PJ is it, the basic 1200 only supports Composite and S-video at 15625/25i, the 1800, 2400, 3400 accept either RGB or Component via the VGA port (DB15).

Assuming you have the 1800 or higher, I Personally would use Component via the VGA port, you will require a cable similar to here

Cyril

Its DELL 3300MP

http://www.projectorcentral.com/Dell-3300MP.htm

All thought it as all the connectivity types, Only one at a time accepted via (DVI M1-DA(P&D)) interface. My computer has DVI and VGA, Foxtel box as RGB and Component. That’s why I am thinking of if I can VGA out from the Foxtel box then no problem. I tried other way which is getting component from the computer, It didn’t work very well. Quality is very poor.

Any advice

I stand by my advise, connect using YUV via the DB15 connector and your on your way. If you chose RGB you need a H&V sync seperator and achieve nothing.

This leaves your PC to feed the DVI input, and the Foxel box to feed YUV (Component) into the VGA connector. Dont go down the RGB over VGA line, it will not benifit you one dot.

Cyril

Came across this today. It's Pace DSN250. Foxtel seem to have added this new STU to its satellite platform range. Not sure if there is an equivalent cable STU or not.

A few more pics here and here. And one last one for scale here.

As can be seen from the third picture main differences from the Pace 420 are that the modem has been removed, the optical out is now a regular Toslink plug instead of the combined 3.5mm optical/stereo plug and the discrete composite output has also been removed.

Other than the optical port that DS250 looks identical to the DS230 that we have had here in NZ (SkyNZ) for a couple of years now.

Cyril

Cant see where to edit my post, but my first pic was meant to be this one.

Thanks for the info updated the FAQ.

I stand by my advise, connect using YUV via the DB15 connector and your on your way. If you chose RGB you need a H&V sync seperator and achieve nothing.

This leaves your PC to feed the DVI input, and the Foxel box to feed YUV (Component) into the VGA connector. Dont go down the RGB over VGA line, it will not benifit you one dot.

Cyril

Thank you very much cyril

Hi

My foxtel keeps going to no signal or flickering on my TV AV input not on the foxtel signal. I've tried changing leads, swapping connections, tried a set top box through that av and it works fine. So i'm thinking the AV input has a problem.

It happens alot on sports replays on foxtel.

Any help would be appreciated

My foxtel keeps going to no signal or flickering on my TV AV input not on the foxtel signal.

Try with a different cable from a different Foxtel STB output (eg use the VCR scart composite output, or the RCA composite output if your box has one) to narrow the problem. It might just be your Scart cable so try the one plugged into your VCR scart if you have one. Which Foxtel box is it?

Try with a different cable from a different Foxtel STB output (eg use the VCR scart composite output, or the RCA composite output if your box has one) to narrow the problem. It might just be your Scart cable so try the one plugged into your VCR scart if you have one. Which Foxtel box is it?

I've tried the different outputs only thing I was going to try is scart out of foxtel box to component.

Not sure what box it is grey box with smart card on left hand side at front.

Thanks

Does anyone know if it is possible to get your foxtel to switch state feeds.

I am desperately wanting to get NSW ch9 not Vic.

Just wondering if this is something that is programmed on the card, the box or the sat feed itself to this region.

Cheers,

Dan

The card has details that were programmed based on your residential address. Doubt you can readily have it changed, for legal broadcast region reasons.

Cyril