Sign in to follow this  
cttc

Foxtel Faq - Setup & Use (& Optus Digital)

Hey cttc thanks for that. I figured out why i had quality issues when watching foxtel. It was because of my recorder. I had the recorder picture setting on Comb Filter, i turned the setting of and bam foxtel looks much better.

So ill keep the component cables then for dvd viewing.

Thanks again

You can watch one Foxtel channel while recording another Foxtel channel (to internal iQ HDD) with a Foxtel iQ.

Please help: whenever I try to record a channel using my new iQ box, I can only watch the recorded channel (I get a blank screen on every other channel with the sound of the recording channel coming through), except for one channel which views normally (channel 402). Oddly, when scroll go past this channel, I get the audio from this channel on every other channel.

This is very weird and I think I have a faulty box, but maybe as a newbie I am missing something obvious.

Any ideas? :blink:

kepce

Please help: whenever I try to record a channel using my new iQ box, I can only watch the recorded channel (I get a blank screen on every other channel with the sound of the recording channel coming through), except for one channel which views normally (channel 402). Oddly, when scroll go past this channel, I get the audio from this channel on every other channel.

Call Foxtel. Sounds faulty, is this a satellite one? If so, both cables from dish plugged in? Try switching off/unplugging from power. You could try a reset/firmware update.

Hi,

I have Foxtel Digital Cable at home and have just acquired a beach house that has Foxtel Digital Satellite installed (dish;cabling etc. but no stb). My question is "is it possible to take my stb from home and plug it into the connection at the beach house and expect it to work, or am I dreaming"?

thanks!

Hi,

I have Foxtel Digital Cable at home and have just acquired a beach house that has Foxtel Digital Satellite installed (dish;cabling etc. but no stb). My question is "is it possible to take my stb from home and plug it into the connection at the beach house and expect it to work, or am I dreaming"?

thanks!

I would be 85% confident in saying keep dreaming...if you look at your manual you will see that the satellite stb uses a bit more power due to the the transponder(?) in the box itself being slightly different so I would say... just keep walking oops should be dreaming :blink:

I would be 85% confident in saying keep dreaming...if you look at your manual you will see that the satellite stb uses a bit more power due to the the transponder(?) in the box itself being slightly different so I would say... just keep walking oops should be dreaming :D

Ha! Thanks for the feedback - guess I'm awake now! :blink:

no idea please help

hi i have recently aquired a foxtel smart card, is there any chance i can just use that card and stick it in my world tv box thingy would i have to turn the sattalite in a nother direction or do i need to get my hands on a foxtel digital decoder box?

thanks

Foxtel Digital satellite is carried on Optus C1 so you need to be pointing at that and your box needs something that will decode NDS Videoguard encryption.

So simple answer: won't work.

Hi there,

I just had Foxtel Digital Cable installed today, and i've ended up with a UEC DCN-1000 Box, is it worthwhile me requesting the Pace 420 Box? They also only left me SCART to Composite cables, would they usually leave SCART to Component? I've got a Sony 40" LCD and Yamaha RX-V1700 and will look to recording to a HTPC at some stage.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Nathan.

I just had Foxtel Digital Cable installed today, and i've ended up with a UEC DCN-1000 Box, is it worthwhile me requesting the Pace 420 Box?

It has digital audio and component output so it is fine.

They also only left me SCART to Composite cables, would they usually leave SCART to Component?

Composite is all they normally do.

I'm struggling and to the point of tearing my hair out :blink:

Equipment

* Foxtel PACE 420 box (satilite)

* Hitachi 37 inch LCD (37LD8800TA)

* Hitachi HDD/DVD Recorder (DV-DS253A)

Connections/Cables

* HDMI between DVDR and TV (slot 1)

* FOXTEL SCART to component & composite cable from foxtel STB (TV slot) to AV1 on TV

* Spare FOXTEL SCART to component & composite cable - not sure how to use

* YUV set on FOXTEL

* Coax cable runs from wall to DVDR to TV.

What can get

* FOXTEL on AV1 ... fantastic quality

* Free to air TV on HDM1 (see resolution to 1080i .. as good as it will get)

* DVD watching on HDMI1

* Can record free to air TV on HDMI1

HELP!

* If I switch to AV1 (and non foxtel via the foxtel remote) I can't sync a signal despite trying different connections between the spare FOXTEL SCART component cable with the video SCART slot on the foxtel remote

* Once I solve this, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to record foxtel

What have I missed?

Edited by OatleyLad76

* Spare FOXTEL SCART to component & composite cable - not sure how to use

I assume this a Foxtel brand cable that includes the (normally yellow) composite output. Plug this into the vcr/video Scart on the Foxtel STB, and plug the composite and two audio outputs into one of your DVD recorder inputs (3 RCA sockets). That will allow you to record Foxtel at composite quality (the best you can get when the foxtel tv scart is outputing component).

(If you want the the AV button on the foxtel remote to work(show what is on your DVDR at composite quality) you need a Scart to VCR cable instead and use composite(PAL output set on Foxtel STB))

* Free to air TV on HDM1 (see resolution to 1080i .. as good as it will get)

Well sounds like you only have analog tuners so it usually looks fair bit better than that with a digital tuner.

I had a similar problem.

You need to connect the vcr scart to your video in and out connection (note that the foxtel connecting cables are marked as in being to foxtel box and so out from video, out being from foxtel and thus in at video.

If you are sending a composite in to the fox box from your VCR but then trying to view the output of the fox box via component then you will see no picture as the fox box can not convert your composite input and turn it into a component output.

Thanks for your suggestions.

I'll try the suggestions you gave. Speaking to some work colleagues today, they suggested I get two SCART to s-video (and 'downgrad' to s-video in foxtel settings).

I noticed after my post that in the specs for the pace 420 box that the output of:

tv scart = composite, s-video, and rgb

vcr scart = composite, s-video.

I'm reading a thread at the moment discussing s-video vs component.

i have only just ot my new LCD today.

bravia v series.

i have connected FOXtel via scart to component [is that correct]

then DVD RECORDER to TV via composite [?]

will i get a better pciture for my dvd if i use S video cable, do i still run the yellow video able and the s video cable or run the s cable solo

i listen to dvd's via my harmon reciever which is running optical and my fox is connected via coaxil

Have i fooked this right up or is this correct

any foum members from ADL.

HELP>>>>>>>>>PLEASE :blink:

Your normal (without an iQ) best choices are:-

A. Foxtel sending Component to TV and Composite to DVDR. (Use HDMI or Component, for DVDR to TV, if your TV has only one component input and your DVDR doesn't have HDMI you will have to use something else, S-Video or last choice Composite (You only need one or the other))

As described in FAQ Config A1r or A1rS3 or A1rS4. Potential Foxtel display quality: Very High, Record Quality: Average

OR

B. Foxtel sending S-Video to TV and S-Video to DVDR. (Use HDMI or Component, for DVDR to TV)

As described in FAQ Config C1r or C1rS1 or C1rS2. Potential Foxtel display quality: High, Record Quality: High

Or do a search for your DVDR model in the FAQ, eg if it is still a DVR530H it will show up at Config A1rS4 and C1rS2.