Sign in to follow this  
cttc

Foxtel Faq - Setup & Use (& Optus Digital)

Turn off the warning messages.

System Settings/Picture Settings/High Definition Settings/HDCP Warning

I still get the warning messages intermittently on the TV plugged into component when both component and HDMI are active. :mellow:

I'm considering getting a 2x2 matrix switch unless anyone has any other smart ideas :winky:

Hi

I've just had IQ installed and have the new Pace 480. However it does not have the yellow RCA output on it so how can I hook up the unit to enable me to use an AV Receiver to watch it in my bedroom?

Please help.

the new Pace 480. However it does not have the yellow RCA output on it so how can I hook up the unit to enable me to use an AV Receiver to watch it in my bedroom?

If you want Composite(yellow), use the VCR Scart (or the TV Scart if you are not using that already), with a Scart to Composite & Audio or Scart to VCR type cable (see FAQ)

Remote Reset

Tried doing a search for this but couldn't find it.

Had a problem with two of our remotes (both the iQs). Both STUs worked fine, if you used their buttons, but the remotes had no effect, their "signal" lights didn't flash and there was no corresponding flashes from the STUs. Changed batteries and still no action. Tried an iQ2 remote, and that worked fine.

First time it happened, rang Foxtel, and they said they'd send out another remote. Couple of days later, the other remote did the same thing. Again rang Foxtel and learnt how to do a reset of the remote:

1. Remove ONE battery.

2. Press and hold down as many of the remote's buttons as you can at one time, for 5-10 seconds.

3. Replace removed battery.

Hope that helps somebody.

Hi all new to the forum.

Love the advice that may of you provide. Bought the Cocoon 5.8 sender for bedroom. Running Foxtel HD via HDMI to the Bravia in main room. Set the scarts to S video so that I can record in a panasonic DVD recorder and a Pioneer hard drive recorder. Have an S video splitter/amp from Jaycar to split the signal. Running one of the outputs on the splitter to the S video to the sender with an SV to a RCA cable. Picture quality is fine on the Hisense26 inch HD TV in the bedroom, with one small problem. Its 4:3 on the bedroom TV. Do these senders only do 4:3 and not 16.9?

I have probably a too ambitious set up. The picture using the SV to RCA is actually better than setting up the AV sender via composite scart. Even the mrs says so!

Any thoughts. Foxtel HD is via HDMI... to DVD recorders via S Video. Have the TV in the Bedroom set up at 16:9... everything works fine. Is it simply a setting! Really don't want to rewire as my back and knees kill me as I end up stuffing something up when plugging and unplugging!!!

Any help will be most appreciated

Cheers

Giggleguy

Please call Stuart Thompson on 03 9318 6315 or 0410243090 if you are looking on upgrading/subscribing to Foxtel. I work on a Foxtel kiosk (at Highpoint SC, Victoria) and I'll do my best to give you the best deal possible.

Thanks forum!

Edited by stuartthompson

If I end up getting a plasma/lcd HD tv with the HDMI, do I need a specific Foxtel HDMI cable for my IQ2, or any? Mainly asking due to the copy protection. Whilst I'm here I might as well ask the same for the xbox 360, thats just a regular HDMI cable as well right?

Edited by mackau

Yes normal HDMI cable, Foxtel should use one if you get a 480iQ or iQ2 (only models with HDMI output currently) installed and you have a HDMI TV at time of installation.

Hey got a question and as I can't start a new topic I will have to put it in here.

Anyway, I've got the IQ2 and suddenly I couldn't get any of the channels that are on a vert signal.

The Fox guy came and checked the cables and the maze of wiring down in the basement (I'm in a multi-apartment complex), found that the Vert amp thingy had no signal then he said he fixed it.

He came back up to my place checked that both cables had vert, which they did, but the box still says "no signal".

Another tech is coming tommorrow morning to test another box so I will see how that goes.

Does anyone have any experience with this problem?

Cheers.

Is there a way to program the IQ remote, so that it plays a certain radio channel by one click?

I like the lounge music, so I always switch to the channel guide to listen. But that thing reverts back to a TV channel after a couple of minutes.

And it's such a hassle to get there using the remote, you keep on pressing buttons.

Hi all new to the forum.

Love the advice that may of you provide. Bought the Cocoon 5.8 sender for bedroom. Running Foxtel HD via HDMI to the Bravia in main room. Set the scarts to S video so that I can record in a panasonic DVD recorder and a Pioneer hard drive recorder. Have an S video splitter/amp from Jaycar to split the signal. Running one of the outputs on the splitter to the S video to the sender with an SV to a RCA cable. Picture quality is fine on the Hisense26 inch HD TV in the bedroom, with one small problem. Its 4:3 on the bedroom TV. Do these senders only do 4:3 and not 16.9?

I have probably a too ambitious set up. The picture using the SV to RCA is actually better than setting up the AV sender via composite scart. Even the mrs says so!

Any thoughts. Foxtel HD is via HDMI... to DVD recorders via S Video. Have the TV in the Bedroom set up at 16:9... everything works fine. Is it simply a setting! Really don't want to rewire as my back and knees kill me as I end up stuffing something up when plugging and unplugging!!!

Any help will be most appreciated

Cheers

Giggleguy

Hi On the Hisense you need to press the zoom button to toggle through the settings - took me a while to figure that one out.

M

Niece is coming to live with me for a few nights while her parents are away.

They have Foxtel Cable at home and I have Foxtel cable connected to my unit, but no set top box.

Can she bring her STU to my place and plug it in so she's entertained for a few nights? Will make life easier for me and more fun for her on a cold winters night.

Please send me a private message if you feel more comfy telling me yay or nay.

On a technical note, if this isn't possible, what technology does Foxtel use to make this not work?

Thanks.

TO DIGITALLY RECORD FOXTEL IQ programs onto DVD using a DVD recorder

I have to do the following:

1. Connect HDMI output of Foxtel IQ to HDMI to USB converter such as

http://gizmodo.com/5141876/grand-hd-cinema...rts-usb-to-hdmi

2. Connect USB to USB input of DVD Recorder.

3. Play Foxtel IQ program and Record

Will this give me a digital 1:1 copy without loss of signal?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

regards

daz

Will this give me a digital 1:1 copy without loss of signal?

No, wrong direction device for a start by the looks.

Hi help needed,

cant start a topic so will ask for help here

I have fox iq connected to 50" plasma via component cable. I want to connect the foxtel to 3 other tvs that are within 5-10 metres of the fox box in different rooms I want to do it via cables not wireless as i have good access to each tv via cavities,I only want to be able to watch one channel at a time and i want the best picture quality possible on each tv (all tv"s have hdmi etc) also need to be able to use remote from each location

I dont have much idea, is there any way you can run component cables to each tv from the scart out of the fox iq with some type of switching set up

Could you connect all the tvs to the main tv via hdmi would that do anything

I may consider updating to iq2 to get hdmi if its any easier or better

Thanks be gentle