Fuji Plasma P5040us

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My god Angelo this would be good enough to get you into the Guiness Book Of Records[yes me very cheeky boy :blink: ]

Angelo if you happen to be in a store where there are PLASMA'S in the next few weeks and if you happen to see this could you please tell me compared to the Fuji how it looks http://panasonic.com.au/products/details.c...mp;contextID=15

cheers laurie

Hi Laurie this is a hard question as the Fuji I own can be professionally calibrated but I think the new crop of Fuji cant be. The US model has alot more settings under its menus. Perhaps the King Glen or the Duke Foggy of Fuji can answer this question of mine.

... the fuji has been with me for 15 months.

Surely some of these replacements were not because of unit shortcomings but to keep on the throne as King of Early Adopters!! :blink:

$1million question:

If the smell of upgrade was in the air would you be looking at a new model Fuji or some of these next gen plasmas? I would be very interested in your thoughts...

Surely some of these replacements were not because of unit shortcomings but to keep on the throne as King of Early Adopters!! :blink:

$1million question:

If the smell of upgrade was in the air would you be looking at a new model Fuji or some of these next gen plasmas? I would be very interested in your thoughts...

My thoughts: 65"

$1million question:

No they all had short comings one way or another manly PQ. The smell of an upgrade is always in the air for me. :D

If anything new came along and it had a better picture than the Fuji I would buy it in a flash.

No they all had short comings one way or another manly PQ. The smell of an upgrade is always in the air for me. :blink:

If anything new came along and it had a better picture than the Fuji I would buy it in a flash.

Mate i am doing exactly the same thing, I have been keeping a very very close eye on all displays over the past months and if something comes up better i am there. But up until now nothing IMHO comes close.

Why would he? He can get two Panas for the price of one Fuji. Extra one for the bedroom.

He might be able to buy one and 1/3 Panasonics but not 2 :blink:

Hi Laurie this is a hard question as the Fuji I own can be professionally calibrated but I think the new crop of Fuji cant be. The US model has alot more settings under its menus. Perhaps the King Glen or the Duke Foggy of Fuji can answer this question of mine.

They can all be professionally calibrated but the US models do have more setting adjustments available

I know this is a Club Fuji thread but I only mentioned the Panny because I knew the Fuji was the reference display up till now and maybe still is [uS model] and not having any in store it will be harder for me to compare with and that nice Blu-Ray player on Panasonic web page for Dec release I'm down to the 65" Panny or the Sony 60"SXRD it will get down to who has the best black levels thanks again

cheers laurie

I know this is a Club Fuji thread but I only mentioned the Panny because I knew the Fuji was the reference display up till now and maybe still is [uS model] and not having any in store it will be harder for me to compare with and that nice Blu-Ray player on Panasonic web page for Dec release I'm down to the 65" Panny or the Sony 60"SXRD it will get down to who has the best black levels thanks again

cheers laurie

Laurie from what Ive heard the Panny blacks are more like deep greys. The Sony 70 SXRD is the one Im really wanting to see. But mate ever since Ive known you (Darwin days) youve been looking at getting something,are you actually going to jump off that fence one day ? :blink:

The new Panas and Pios have a new generation of display. This technology is 18 months newer than the Plasmavisions.

18 months is a millenia when it comes to tech...

Discuss.

Well of course thats a matter of opinion. Some of the guys on the AVS forums have stated that their blacks arent real flash. So in that case your Rank Arena is now 5 years old so there must be hundreds of CRT Televisions which will blow it out of the water..................Wrong theres only 1. But as I said before if you can beat the Fuji in PQ then BUY IT.

Oh and let me know at the same time.

Anyone know what's the best price you can get the 55" Fuji for at the moment (and where)? I saw this today in a shop and liked the look of it. Doesn't appear to have HDMI though. Hopefully the DVI is HDCP compliant.

Can anyone summarise the differences between the WS and US model designations? Is it even possible to get the US anymore? Doesn't appear to be on the website.

Thanks

Laurie from what Ive heard the Panny blacks are more like deep greys. The Sony 70 SXRD is the one Im really wanting to see. But mate ever since Ive known you (Darwin days) youve been looking at getting something,are you actually going to jump off that fence one day ? :blink:

yeh yeh but understand 110% humidity in the north caused heaps of problems with hi-fi equipement lost all of my speaker cones[fell apart] not to mention lighting strikes that had to be experienced to be believed and a not so reliable power supply that was anywhere between 115v--->260v kid you not! and 1080p was my buying point and I did not want to end up buying several sets like someone here that I know :P so I'm buying myself a 1080P display and HD player for Xmas :D

cheers laurie

... in that case your Rank Arena is now 5 years old so there must be hundreds of CRT Televisions which will blow it out of the water

CRT is a dead tech (and was at the end of it's life when the Rank was released). All R&D is invested into LCDs and Plasmas today.

I am in no means trying to undermine, discount or deny the pros of the Fuji product, I am mearly very interested in what is currently being released into the marketplace and IF these products, now in reach of Joe and Jo Average, are now successfully competeing with the super-pro (and pricey) gear of merely 18 months ago...

Again, discuss. :blink:

Hi Guys,

I've had the 50" 51 series Fuji for about six months now. The Fuji does a great job with HD (like most HD sets do), but where it really excels is in displaying SD content (which HD sets don't do all that great a job of). The one thing I really miss is the precision calibration settings that the 40US series has. The 51 series has a slight orange push in the red (reds are more orange red than fire engine red) and there is no way to calibrate this out without percision settings. I've spoken to Fuji Austalia about this and the precision settings are built into the PCB board that the 40US has, but not into the 51 series :blink:

Regards,

Stephen

Hi Guys,

I've had the 50" 51 series Fuji for about six months now. The Fuji does a great job with HD (like most HD sets do), but where it really excels is in displaying SD content (which HD sets don't do all that great a job of). The one thing I really miss is the precision calibration settings that the 40US series has. The 51 series has a slight orange push in the red (reds are more orange red than fire engine red) and there is no way to calibrate this out without percision settings. I've spoken to Fuji Austalia about this and the precision settings are built into the PCB board that the 40US has, but not into the 51 series :blink:

Regards,

Stephen

This is one thing I will never understand about Fuji. Why is it the rest of the world gets one model and we here in Australia we get another. Its great to see your enjoying your 51 series Fuji Steve.

I had a Dvdo Vp30 Scaler on my Fuji and sent it back as the inbuilt scaler on the Fuji did a better jod on SD.

CRT is a dead tech (and was at the end of it's life when the Rank was released). All R&D is invested into LCDs and Plasmas today.

I am in no means trying to undermine, discount or deny the pros of the Fuji product, I am mearly very interested in what is currently being released into the marketplace and IF these products, now in reach of Joe and Jo Average, are now successfully competeing with the super-pro (and pricey) gear of merely 18 months ago...

Again, discuss. :D

Didn't think you were undermining me but couldn't agree with you that just because a Plasma is built today it has to better than what was made 18 months ago.

As far as pricey goes thats another matter of opinion when you want the best you have to pay for it.

But hey happy to be proven wrong :P

I've had my P42HHA40US since March '05 and in the last few months, I've helped friends setup their Hitachi 8900 and Panasonic PV60A.... and I still came home and smiled, knowing that my Fuji still puts out a better picture than both of them.

Still very happy with my Fuji by the way Foggy, up tp 700 plus hours now and not a hint of an issue or problem of any kind.

It just seems to get better with age...too bad I can't say the same about myself (turned 39 recently) :blink:

Just like Glen though I am always looking for something better, but nothing I have looked at comes close IMHO.

Still very happy with my Fuji by the way Foggy, up tp 700 plus hours now and not a hint of an issue or problem of any kind.

It just seems to get better with age...too bad I can't say the same about myself (turned 39 recently) :blink:

Just like Glen though I am always looking for something better, but nothing I have looked at comes close IMHO.

:D

I had a Dvdo Vp30 Scaler on my Fuji and sent it back as the inbuilt scaler on the Fuji did a better jod on SD.

so good to see all the "old crew" in this thread!!

regarding the above quote from groover;

agree 110% - my VP30 had to go bye-bye for this reason, it added zero benefit for me when hooked up to my 50" 40US Fuji, and if fact made everything look worse.

I think I am at about ~2000 hours on my Fuji now after ~14 months.

cheers :blink:

Yes, the VP30 would make things worse as you're double processing (de-interlacing & scaling) the signal. The problem is that it's a little tricky to bypass the Fuji's video processing, so it still does its job on the signal that the VP30 had already processed.

Fujitsu's response to disabling it's video processing in favour of an external VP was something along the lines of: "but why would you want anything else to do that job when AVMII does such a good job?"

.... well, you can't really argue with that! :blink: