Fuji Plasma P5040us

Well its a record for me at least. Ive had my Fuji Plasma P50HA40US for almost a year. Gotta say still very happy with it. Ive looked at the new killer displays lately just out of interest (Philip's LCD,Sony 1080p LCD and the Pioneer Plasma) but IMHO nothing still touches the Fuji.

:blink:

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well its a record for me at least. Ive had my Fuji Plasma P50HA40US for almost a year. Gotta say still very happy with it. Ive looked at the new killer displays lately just out of interest (Philip's LCD,Sony 1080p LCD and the Pioneer Plasma) but IMHO nothing still touches the Fuji.

:D

I have to agree Angelo, even though I don't actually own a 50" :blink:

But he still loves his Fuji! :blink:

I actually had the pleasure of meeting glenncol when I was doing some consulting for the company that he works for. Nice guy, and very passionate about his A/V.... who else would have a 5.1 surround system (driven by power amps) in the pergola area?! :D

But he still loves his Fuji! :D

I actually had the pleasure of meeting glenncol when I was doing some consulting for the company that he works for. Nice guy, and very passionate about his A/V.... who else would have a 5.1 surround system (driven by power amps) in the pergola area?! :P

:P

Ah but does he have a 7.1 system in the bedroom with a frigen BIG WOOFER ! :blink:

:D

Are you unwell Angelo?? Have never known you (from these forums atleast) to hold on to any piece of equipment for longer than 10 months :blink: . Well done all the same

A very timely thread for me - i was all but sold on the Pioneer until I saw a 50" Fuji for $4,700 today. Decisions Decisions

That is an incredible price.... I'd have absolutely no hesitation in going the Fuji.

:P

Ah but does he have a 7.1 system in the bedroom with a frigen BIG WOOFER ! :blink:

Oh no... there's too many lines there.... I'm not touching it! :D

WRT to the Fuji, you and Glenn both said that when you find something better, you'll buy it! :P

I still think there's no better standalone panel then the fuji..... the only issue for scaler users is that the newer versions do not take native rate ... only 720p .... and 720 via an external scaler there's not much difference then the fuji's own AVMII ... at least not a difference worth $3k .....

if I didn't have the DVDO, I would certainly have bought the Fuji 50" ... or 55" .... the 55" looks sensational too .....

the fuji has better blacks then my NEC too .... but the NEC driven at 1:1 with the DVDO is awesome..... for most people though... the difference is certainly not worth $3k for the scaler...

at $4,700 the fuji is a steal.... take it home..... you won't be dissapointed with it....

WRT to the Fuji, you and Glenn both said that when you find something better, you'll buy it! :blink:

1080p 55" Fuji with AVM III .... in matt black ..... now you're talking.... :D

I'm sure I would be able to squeeze a 55" in my cabinet..... the 50" just fits... but I"m SURE I could find room for a 55" ..... specially a black 1080p one....

Are you unwell Angelo?? Have never known you (from these forums atleast) to hold on to any piece of equipment for longer than 10 months :P . Well done all the same

Ah I see someone who knows me too well :P

Oh no... there's too many lines there.... I'm not touching it! :blink:

Wadda mean :D

1080p 55" Fuji with AVM III .... in matt black ..... now you're talking.... :P

Ah you speak my language ! :P

Yep its just over a year for me now too (~13 months), still loving it!!!!! very happy I went with the Fuji, albeit the pain waiting for, and finally landing the 40US (versus AS or WS etc etc)

GOLD JERRY!!!

cheers :D

old technology - not a patch on the new panels from China.

Does anyone know if Fuji are bringing out a new model soon or not?

Panasonic and Pioneer are out this month, you would think they would follow soonish.

I think they released a new range in the UK ... looks the same, still AVMII (not bad really), different panel for a 42" and I think the 50" is also using e-Alis technology now.... I'm not entirely sure... there was a big discussion in the UK forums if the new one would accept 1:1 over HDMI/DVI ... the local reseller didn't seem to believe fuji would allow native rate on the new panel either...

comestics - looks the same, with the option of a black case... not sure if fuji would bring the option here either as the numbers may not warrant it....

Crikey he lives :blink:

Hey Glen have you still got the Fuji or have you FINALLY found something that beats it ?

Mate i have been keeping a very close eye on all offerings and still nothing comes close IMHO so the Fuji stays and in fact i am considering another

Mate i have been keeping a very close eye on all offerings and still nothing comes close IMHO so the Fuji stays and in fact i am considering another

Yeah I know what you mean. I had a look at your setup again and noticed youve still got the Ausid, have you tried the LG HD PVR STB via HDMI I think youll like it.

Yeah I know what you mean. I had a look at your setup again and noticed youve still got the Ausid, have you tried the LG HD PVR STB via HDMI I think youll like it.

Hey Angelo

I have given the LG and Sony a go but i just cant get into it, for me they are just not a Topfield.

I have been running a HTPC for the past 5 to 6 months and the flexibility is great , PQ can be fantastic but reliability is at best crap but some can live with the little glitches.

I am going to grab the Topfield 6000 with a via of feeding it into the Ausid Aux port and use it for recording only and the AUSID for general HD viewing until the HD Toppy hits the market which i have been told is two months off :blink:

Ive bought the LG PVR as an expensive VCR. But I reckon the PQ on the LG is even better than the Ausid.

Big call I know but Ive had both running side by side and the LG was better. You know me PQ is everything.

Running a HT PC hey so I guess you bought shares in Microsoft then ? :blink:

Ive bought the LG PVR as an expensive VCR. But I reckon the PQ on the LG is even better than the Ausid.

Big call I know but Ive had both running side by side and the LG was better. You know me PQ is everything.

Running a HT PC hey so I guess you bought shares in Microsoft then ? :blink:

F ing Microsoft man they could not make a stable OS if they tried but yes i have the shares, I am installing Vista RC1 this weekend and see how that goes but i also have a linux build that i want to work on a little more as i feel this will be more stable than MCE.

I gave the LG a chance over one wekend and may not have given it a real chance. How have you found the recording having to set one recording via the guide and start one manualy?. This is where i lost it with the LG

Great thing about the 6000 and yes it is only SD is the wireless network connectivity , I have a subscription to ICETV which can be used with the Toppy calling for updates over the net automatically giving a close as you can get 7 day guide

I gave the LG a chance over one wekend and may not have given it a real chance. How have you found the recording having to set one recording via the guide and start one manualy?. This is where i lost it with the LG

Via the guide nup cant record from the EPG . You can record from the timer and then put it on another Channel your watching and record that. I ve got the Toppy Masterpiece and it craps on the LG as a PVR, but the LG craps on the Toppy for PQ. Hence the reason Ive got both.