Pioneer 50-inch $6,499 - Pdp507xda, 42-inch $4,999

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turn the TV to Stand-by and back to On to exit the system.

No need to turn it off, just hit the "Home Menu" button.

A techie came out with some replacement parts and tried to fix it (PSU etc), couldnt get it working. So he came back the next day with a temp set (only 7 hours of use on it, but alot of scratches so we aren't keeping it). Thats the latest so far, hopefully get it back soon minus any damage (otherwise asking for a new one).

Keep us updated.

Anyone still waiting on an ordered 507? Six and a half weeks for me now (admittedly was originally told 4 to 6 weeks) and starting to think there might not be any more coming in with the imminent Kuro launch date.

Saw one on display and the sales guy said had a couple in stock at HN MtGravatt Brisbane.Ticket Price $4999 didnt discuss price.

• 2 months later...
i just saw an ebay sale for about 8 of these at 1000 each! seems like a genuine seller. what do u guys think? they're all gone now. does nyone know the sale i'm talking about?

SCAM !!! Stay away,

I saw the same guy list the 507 models at a starting price of $1000 a few weeks ago.

You have been warned.

how do you know it is/was a scam? from other people on ebay this seller seems genuine.

thanks for any help.

Because I made a bid, and ebay sent me official communication 24hrs later stating that the user an or items where fraudulently listed.

That was my experience anyway, if anyone knows of the seller and or items then please feel free to comment.

Up to you dude :)

that sucks. am i allowed to link the exact listing i'm talking about? was that listing removed then i assume? at the moment he/she has 1 507xd on regular auction and like my first message there were about 8 on a buy it now listing. i'll wait till the weekends over before i go any further i think.

Sure, I'll list it for you :)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Pioneer-Plasma-50-i...1QQcmdZViewItem

Anyway, its getting slightly off-topic here. I'll leave it at that.

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
Sure, I'll list it for you :)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Pioneer-Plasma-50-i...1QQcmdZViewItem

Anyway, its getting slightly off-topic here. I'll leave it at that.

Also off topic and a shameless plug. I just purchased an LX508 so am in the process of auctioning my old PDP-507xda on eBay. I reported all the fake listings that the other guy had on there and he seems to have farqed off for the moment. If you are in Sydney and interested in buying my old telly jump on to My PDP-507XDA Auction I need every cent I can get to help pay for the new telly :)

Edited by adamseabrook

hi Adam!

i clicked the link and it has been removed from Ebay. How old is your 507XDA and how much you planning to sell it for

THanks.

Also off topic and a shameless plug. I just purchased an LX508 so am in the process of auctioning my old PDP-507xda on eBay. I reported all the fake listings that the other guy had on there and he seems to have farqed off for the moment. If you are in Sydney and interested in buying my old telly jump on to My PDP-507XDA Auction I need every cent I can get to help pay for the new telly :)

hi Adam!

i clicked the link and it has been removed from Ebay. How old is your 507XDA and how much you planning to sell it for

THanks.

By all accounts still a very good plasma. Rivals the 508 in many ways except for the blacks. Better on colours and easier to calibrate according to the experts.

hi Adam!

THanks.

Ebay deleted the auction twice as they thought it was a fake. I don't have the time to spend all day on the phone at the moment trying to fix the auction. I will put it back on in a few weeks when I will hopefully get a good price :)

Adam

Ebay deleted the auction twice as they thought it was a fake. I don't have the time to spend all day on the phone at the moment trying to fix the auction. I will put it back on in a few weeks when I will hopefully get a good price :)

Adam

:lol: Did they assume that people love their Pioneer plasmas so much that they would not part with them?

I went into BingLee @ an inner west shop in Sydney today, I could have bought (ca$h) a 5080 with stand and under speakers for $4200 cash...?

Is there much diff between the LX and the DPP?

Hey Adam, whats the Pioneer your selling on Ebay? Is it NOS? Does it come with install etc? Do you work for Pioneer?