Pioneer 50-inch $6,499 - Pdp507xda, 42-inch $4,999

Binbin,

im sure there are people that have been waiting since early August. I don't think there are many around but i guess we can only keep chasing up these retailers

Ranstar,

I'm just curious whether Pioneer are distributing stock on a first come first serve basis. Grand Finals are comin up and it would be great to watch the game on the 507. 5 weeks waiting is just ridiculous especially when they insist you have to pay upfront!!!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one know how you feel, dam frustrating it is, no advise from dealer or Pioneer alike, its just not on, looks like service is out the window, I waited some 5 to 6 weeks for mine.

5 weeks so far and still no TV!!! Anyone out there ordered a 507 after the 29 July and received theirs already? If so, where did you order it from (Shop and State) and when.

Thanks in advance.

We have been waiting SEVEN weeks now!!

I know that in the long run it will be worth the wait, but I never expected it to be a marathon.

Spoke to Pioneer today and was told that they had dispatched all 507's they had in stock and are awaiting another shipment HOPEFULLY late next week.

Be nice to get it before the AFL finals finish - Go the POWER!!!

We watched Planet Earth last night simply awesome picture on the 507, however, still missing my PJ and 2m screen size, but the picture from the Pio leaves the PJ image in the dust. Have just 3 HDMI cables for TV, Yammy DVD player and Beyonwiz S1 STB, ah its just so neat and tidy.

...After much deliberation, we agreed to buy it at $3400. Our logic being that it's only going in the bedroom so it won't get used very much. We certainly aren't going to wear it out! I've heard that they have a life of about 60,000 hours. I have had a good look at it and there is no evidence of burn in or any other damage.

Here's the good news (with apologies to those who have been waiting for 6 weeks). I ordered it at lunchtime on Friday and I get a call from Pioneer that afternoon to ask if they can install it on Tuesday morning. I haven't finished painting the bedroom yet so I had to put them off for a week. Maybe their installers are under utilised at the moment due to the lack of stock.

Despite it being almost a year old, it still comes with a 5 year warranty, it will be cleaned up and delivered in a proper 50" box and installed and demoed in the usual Pioneer manner.

I certainly learned a lot from the 1707 posts that make up this thread. Thanks everyone. Next week I'll let you know how it went.

Got the "new" telly, (11 month old floor stock 507). As I suspected, the installers were sub contractors. Has anyone had actual Pioneer employees install their set?

It wasn't cleaned despite DJ's assurances that it would be. It didn't arrive packed in a Pioneer box like they said it would be. They had to go back to the shop because they forgot the remote control and instruction book and it is missing the brackets that hold up the ends of the speakers.

I'm still waiting for the brackets. After 11 months of sitting in the shop without the end brackets attached, the speaker sags a bit on either end.

I assume that everyone else with a 507 has brackets at either end to hold the speaker up properly? (Assuming you have the speaker attached of course).

Got the "new" telly, (11 month old floor stock 507). As I suspected, the installers were sub contractors. Has anyone had actual Pioneer employees install their set?

It wasn't cleaned despite DJ's assurances that it would be. It didn't arrive packed in a Pioneer box like they said it would be. They had to go back to the shop because they forgot the remote control and instruction book and it is missing the brackets that hold up the ends of the speakers.

I'm still waiting for the brackets. After 11 months of sitting in the shop without the end brackets attached, the speaker sags a bit on either end.

I assume that everyone else with a 507 has brackets at either end to hold the speaker up properly? (Assuming you have the speaker attached of course).

Got my 507 yesterday and wow its good.

Looked new checked the Manufacture date and was June 07.

Everything good.... so far :)

Ah well, we've had our 507 for about a month of use and its just died. The screen turnt off (with the red led on), so we turnt it back on, the screen makes the click noise, screen tries to load up and the blue led is on, then it turns off and the red led starts to flash every few seconds. Anyone got any idea?

Ah well, we've had our 507 for about a month of use and its just died. The screen turnt off (with the red led on), so we turnt it back on, the screen makes the click noise, screen tries to load up and the blue led is on, then it turns off and the red led starts to flash every few seconds. Anyone got any idea?
Phone Pioneer.

5 weeks so far and still no TV!!! Anyone out there ordered a 507 after the 29 July and received theirs already? If so, where did you order it from (Shop and State) and when.

Thanks in advance.

Ordered mine on the 11th August from Clive Peeters Auburn (NSW) and it was just installed on Saturday 15th Sept, mind you they forgot to order more stock of the DVR I wanted so I missed out on the installers cabling that up for me also, no biggy just happy the 507 arrived when they said it would.

Watching my footy team on the big screen win that same Saturday night over the In Laws team just capped off a great day.

I helped my parents set up their new Panasonic 50" on the weekend, and I was amazed at just how much better the user interface is on the Pana compared to my 507.

For example, the Panasonic lets you browse through your channels, seeing "now and next" info for each, until you've decided on one you want to switch to. Then you can simply press Enter to select that channel. The closest the 507 has to that is its channel menu, which is laboriously slow to navigate, and doesn't show NaN.

The Pana also has a full-screen Guide, showing what's on every channel at once. I was amazed that the 507 didn't have that. I even contacted them and asked if I had missed it, but the girl on the other end of the phone didn't even know what I was talking about. Something so fundamental that it appears on every STB and yet the 507 doesn't have it.

Not to mention the fact that there's pretty much no channel-management at all available on the 507. You can't delete channels, for example. Their "favourites" feature is as close as it gets, but that doesn't affect the "Ch+" and "Ch-" method of navigating between stations.

I still believe that the 507 has the better PQ of the two units, and I prefer the aesthetics of the 507, so I'm glad I chose the way I did. I live in hope, though, that one day Pioneer will release some sort of firmware update and fix their appalling UI.

Ordered mine on the 11th August from Clive Peeters Auburn (NSW) and it was just installed on Saturday 15th Sept, mind you they forgot to order more stock of the DVR I wanted so I missed out on the installers cabling that up for me also, no biggy just happy the 507 arrived when they said it would.

Watching my footy team on the big screen win that same Saturday night over the In Laws team just capped off a great day.

Guess their not distributing the 507s on a first come first serve basis!! Ordered mine on the 28 July and still no TV. Have been told that I should get it by the end of this week but they have been saying that for a while now!! Not happy!!

Guess their not distributing the 507s on a first come first serve basis!! Ordered mine on the 28 July and still no TV. Have been told that I should get it by the end of this week but they have been saying that for a while now!! Not happy!!

With any luck they'll say they can't get the 507 anymore but they'll be happy to give you a 508 at no extra cost.

Walked in HN Armadale on Saturday ( in Perth), our screen ( 507) will be delivered on Thursday. Salesman checked before we brought to make sure he did have one. Went to three different companies on Saturday, all them suggested the 507. We went back to HN purely because we wanted to keep business in the local area. The new 508 will be out in October we were told and the price about $5k. Picked up the 507 for just under $3999, matched it will a yamaha 7.1 package. Could have had it on Monday. We also brought a few other things a sensible fridge, LCD screen for the caravan and portable DVD players for the very long trip in a caravan with three kids....to Tassie from Perth.

The kids ( aged 14 to 10) are already fighting over which DVD gets played, Fast and the Furious trilogy , Top Gun and the youngest wants Eight Below.

Kevndeb

Guest skyline34

2 weeks ago i called every electrical retailer in canberra to try and find one of these in stock. No one had any and all said they wouldn't be getting any more before the 508. In fact a lot of them said that they had backorders of the 507's. So i had completely lost hope in getting a bargain 507. I was on a saving path for the 508, but wasn't convinced i could justify spending >5k on the 508. This is just too much money for a tv.

Walked into JB Hi Fi Canberra (Belconnen) on Saturday. They had 3 507's in boxes on the shop floor!!! 2 were already sold and i managed to pick the 3rd up for 3600. For an extra 99 they threw in a 8 port Belkin Pure AV surge protector. I couldn't believe my luck!! Had a call this morning from the installation guy and he should be around on Thursday to install.....

Sort of funny because my girlfriend was going to tell me not to go into JB because the tv was not going to be there. I went into jb just looking at laptops. I couldn't help but walk up to the tv section and i found gold!!

Edited by skyline34