Sign in to follow this  
gragra

Pioneer 50-inch $6,499 - Pdp507xda, 42-inch $4,999

Guest EZYHD

I did the same thing, bought mine off JB, paid in full up front as I was told 2 weeks it became 6, they gave the delivery guy the wrong Ph No., my mate got his, mine was an extra day and knowing it was here I was rather p.....ed off. Knowing it was coming I called my mate to see if he had his, he replied yes, I asked if there were 2 in the delivery truck he said no, he then said funny thing that, it had your name on the box!, he was joking of course.

I did the same thing, bought mine off JB, paid in full up front as I was told 2 weeks it became 6, they gave the delivery guy the wrong Ph No., my mate got his, mine was an extra day and knowing it was here I was rather p.....ed off. Knowing it was coming I called my mate to see if he had his, he replied yess, I asked if there were 2 in the delivery truck he said no, he then said funny thing that, it had your name on the box!, he was joking of course.

Are there any 507's still around. Went and bought a second TV on the weekend for wife/kids use, just a 32" LCD but also asked about the Pio 507 as my parents want a set like my 506. Looked in a few stores (3 x HN's) and was told they don't have them anymore and would be lucky to get them in as they are waiting for the 508.

Edited by SDL

I'd demand a 508 too - don't let them off the hook, in a few weeks time you'll have forgotten about the delay and still be astonised by just how good that screen is...

Are there any 507's still around. Went and bought a second TV on the weekend for wife/kids use, just a 32" LCD but also asked about the Pio 507 as my parents want a set like my 506. Looked in a few stores (3 x HN's) and was told they don't have them anymore and would be lucky to get them in as they are waiting for the 508.

Try Myer perhaps? I was in Myer today (adelaide) and they had a 507 on display. The sales guy said they have some in stock in there factory interstate. Not sure how reliable this would be though. he quoted $4500. He had no idea though. Didn't even know they were rare as hens teeth and didn't know there was a new pio coming out.

I'm getting very frustrated as well. Been waiting more than 5 weeks now. Same story though... Told me i'd have to wait 1 to 2 weeks. Only difference was they told me I had to pay up front and said it was a Pioneer requirement!!!! Didn't think much of it as I paid with my credit card and I wouldn't need to pay off my credit card till 10 Sept (Actually thought I got a great deal!! Paid $3600 with free HDMI cable, get my TV in 2 weeks and only have to pay my credit card off in 6 weeks!!!). 10 Sept is now approaching and I still haven't received my plasma yet!!! What's worse, I called Pioneer recently and they told me they had no such 'up front payment' policy!!! Sales people are the biggest liars!!!

Where did you order your plasma from? I ordered mine from JB Hifi Maribynong VIC. I hope you're not in Victoria as well cause if you haven't gotten yours yet after 6weeks, what chance do I have of getting mine!!!!

Paid for mine up front also as I was assured that it would only be a week or two and at the time thought that is was probably just as easy to finalise payment then and there. I ordered mine from JBHifi Elizabeth SA.

Edited by quilly

Try Myer perhaps? I was in Myer today (adelaide) and they had a 507 on display. The sales guy said they have some in stock in there factory interstate. Not sure how reliable this would be though. he quoted $4500. He had no idea though. Didn't even know they were rare as hens teeth and didn't know there was a new pio coming out.

I tried all Myer Adelaide, TTP and Marion a while back.

Best was Myer Adelaide which would match the then advertised JB Hifi price of $3996. They reckon it was pretty much at cost.

I ended up getting my dad's from Truscotts City $3900. Wait was about 4 weeks after being told only 1 week.

Only places left with stock that I have seen are DJs and Myer. They are rare as hens teeth nowfor under $4k.

Its a terrific unit. Waiting is a pain but it'll be worth it!

My dad's Pioneer 507 is definitely better than the Panasonic 50PX70A I bought myself. (Don't get me wrong though I am still happy with the Pana.)

Went to four shops in southern Sydney.

HN Taren Point - "Nil stock (not even a floor stock). Can't order any more. Waiting on the 508".

Myer Miranda - Nil stock, Floor model for sale (11 months old).

JB Hi Fi Miranda Nil Stock Floor model sold and awaiting pick up.

DJs Miranda - well that's a very long story with reams of misinformation from the sales staff. eg "can have one in in two weeks and will price match my JB Hi Fi catalogue price of $3996 ($4999 on the DJs price tag!)". Turned out to be BS. "Can buy floor model for $3500, it is only 2 months old..." To cut a long story short, (with thanks to the posters on this thread), I was able to bring up the hour meter within the technician's menu. The floor model had 1900hrs on it which, based on DJs trading hours, proves that this was an original set which has been on display since they were released last October.

After much deliberation, we agreed to buy it at $3400. Our logic being that it's only going in the bedroom so it won't get used very much. We certainly aren't going to wear it out! I've heard that they have a life of about 60,000 hours. I have had a good look at it and there is no evidence of burn in or any other damage.

Here's the good news (with apologies to those who have been waiting for 6 weeks). I ordered it at lunchtime on Friday and I get a call from Pioneer that afternoon to ask if they can install it on Tuesday morning. I haven't finished painting the bedroom yet so I had to put them off for a week. Maybe their installers are under utilised at the moment due to the lack of stock.

Despite it being almost a year old, it still comes with a 5 year warranty, it will be cleaned up and delivered in a proper 50" box and installed and demoed in the usual Pioneer manner.

I certainly learned a lot from the 1707 posts that make up this thread. Thanks everyone. Next week I'll let you know how it went.

Edited by Snake

Glad I got mine back in June, Had it installed in a wek and have been enjoying ever since, great tv. :)

"Can buy floor model for $3500, it is only 2 months old..." To cut a long story short, (with thanks to the posters on this thread), I was able to bring up the hour meter within the technician's menu. The floor model had 1900hrs on it which, based on DJs trading hours, proves that this was an original set which has been on display since they were released last October.

I experienced this problem at DJ Marion in Adelaide except with a Fujitsu. I hate sales staff BS.

Edited by AVnoobie

I tried all Myer Adelaide, TTP and Marion a while back.

Best was Myer Adelaide which would match the then advertised JB Hifi price of $3996. They reckon it was pretty much at cost.

I ended up getting my dad's from Truscotts City $3900. Wait was about 4 weeks after being told only 1 week.

Only places left with stock that I have seen are DJs and Myer. They are rare as hens teeth nowfor under $4k.

Its a terrific unit. Waiting is a pain but it'll be worth it!

My dad's Pioneer 507 is definitely better than the Panasonic 50PX70A I bought myself. (Don't get me wrong though I am still happy with the Pana.)

Got one from BING LEE for $3300 Floor Stock

I experienced this problem at DJ Marion in Adelaide except with a Fujitsu. I hate sales staff BS.

Maybe you should direct your "hate" towards Pioneer. They are the ones who week in week out are telling retailers it will be "next week" or "two weeks from now". A retailer can only give you what they've been told from the supplier. If the retailer has "promised" something that is a totally different story but alot of the time an estimate can be misconstrued with a a promise.

Guest Mattrus1503559750
Maybe you should direct your "hate" towards Pioneer. They are the ones who week in week out are telling retailers it will be "next week" or "two weeks from now". A retailer can only give you what they've been told from the supplier. If the retailer has "promised" something that is a totally different story but alot of the time an estimate can be misconstrued with a a promise.

WRONG! Retailers tell you what you want to hear.

Hmm this is a misunderstanding. I didn't quote that bit right. I'll edit it. I was referring to Sales BS on demo models. 2mths w 1900hrs. I was told the DJ Marion floorstock for a Fujitsu was 3mths old and when I brought the service menu up it had over 3000hrs. To which the sales lady then told me well "our floorstock is newer than the Myer one and it would have many more hours on it." Her urge to close a sale and further BS really shat me that day.

To which the sales lady then told me well "our floorstock is newer than the Myer one and it would have many more hours on it." Her urge to close a sale and further BS really shat me that day.

Yes I had a run in with her also, at about the time JB hifi had their brochure out with the 507 on the front cover at a cost of $3996. I went to see her to see if she would price match on 4yrs interest free. No categorically no was the answer, we can price match but not on 4yrs interest free as JB were not offering the same interest free terms.

Now as it happened I had already put a deposit down in JBs for a price of $3850 for cash. I contacted DJs city and asked them about their 4yrs interest free and matching JBs catalogue offer. Sure he said(Marcus) we can do that, I then told him that Marion had refused to price match at all on those terms. Marcus said they are wrong I have been matching JBs all day on 4 yrs interest free. I then told him that I had already placed an order with JBs and that it would cost me $20 in lost deposit. Not a problem he said you can have it for $3976 to make up for the $20 you will lose. I double checked with Marcus because I didn't want him to get into trouble for doing it.

I then went back to Marion DJs to see her again to see if she was sure that she could not match JBs.

No No No, and then I told her that city DJs were only too happy to take my order, she says they are wrong they cannot do that your sale will fall over when it goes to head office for approval, don't do it she pleads.........

Sorry lady, bit now I'm happily sitting at home watching my nice new Pioneer 507 on 4yrs interest free.

John

Yes I had a run in with her also, at about the time JB hifi had their brochure out with the 507 on the front cover at a cost of $3996. I went to see her to see if she would price match on 4yrs interest free. No categorically no was the answer, we can price match but not on 4yrs interest free as JB were not offering the same interest free terms.

Now as it happened I had already put a deposit down in JBs for a price of $3850 for cash. I contacted DJs city and asked them about their 4yrs interest free and matching JBs catalogue offer. Sure he said(Marcus) we can do that, I then told him that Marion had refused to price match at all on those terms. Marcus said they are wrong I have been matching JBs all day on 4 yrs interest free. I then told him that I had already placed an order with JBs and that it would cost me $20 in lost deposit. Not a problem he said you can have it for $3976 to make up for the $20 you will lose. I double checked with Marcus because I didn't want him to get into trouble for doing it.

I then went back to Marion DJs to see her again to see if she was sure that she could not match JBs.

No No No, and then I told her that city DJs were only too happy to take my order, she says they are wrong they cannot do that your sale will fall over when it goes to head office for approval, don't do it she pleads.........

Sorry lady, bit now I'm happily sitting at home watching my nice new Pioneer 507 on 4yrs interest free.

John

Thanks John, its reassuring to know that I am not the only one that has had a run in with her.

I was actually so appalled at the time with her attitude that I lodged a complaint with DJ's.

I must say the general inflexibility of DJ's put me off even trying them when I was looking for my dad's Pioneer.

Guest EZYHD

Another mate in Sydney wants a 507, anyone seen any left in stores??.

Another mate in Sydney wants a 507, anyone seen any left in stores??.

Hardly Normal in the city had some last week - ticket price $3998 I think. The manager was boasting he was the only person in town to have stock.

Good luck.

. I was told the DJ Marion floorstock for a Fujitsu was 3mths old and when I brought the service menu up it had over 3000hrs.

I presume you realise the fuji's have a couple of "hours used" menus.eg.rgb,video and then theres the "total hours" this total hours includes when the panel is on stand by (turned off by remote) so adds up during the night when not watched.

double post

Edited by wheelz

I presume you realise the fuji's have a couple of "hours used" menus for each video format.eg.rgb,video and then theres the "total hours" this total hours includes when the panel is on stand by (turned off by remote) so adds up during the night when not watched.

No. I only entered the service menu using your tip Wheelz. I did see the various format hours list up on the screen but wasn't aware it counted hours whilst on standby. Its all academic now but 3000 or so hours still totals to more than 91 days. Perhaps that is why DJ's in Adelaide city has theirs sitting there completely unpowered. Well at least its not just me that has experienced difficulties with this staff member at DJ's Marion. Anyways its really getting off topic now. Sorry guys.

Guest EZYHD

When using SD I only get black bars using WIN Ch (9) rest are OK why is that?.

Is that through the inbuilt tuner of the 507 or through the DP-S1 or both?. May be a regional WIN issue.

Guest EZYHD
Is that through the inbuilt tuner of the 507 or through the DP-S1 or both?. May be a regional WIN issue.

Through the S1, could be a regional issue as you say. The only way around it is to press aspect and go from Full to Wide on the Pio 507 for this WIN Ch only. The HD WIN CH are all OK.

5 weeks so far and still no TV!!! Anyone out there ordered a 507 after the 29 July and received theirs already? If so, where did you order it from (Shop and State) and when.

Thanks in advance.

5 weeks so far and still no TV!!! Anyone out there ordered a 507 after the 29 July and received theirs already? If so, where did you order it from (Shop and State) and when.

Thanks in advance.

Binbin,

im sure there are people that have been waiting since early August. I don't think there are many around but i guess we can only keep chasing up these retailers