Sign in to follow this  
gragra

Pioneer 50-inch $6,499 - Pdp507xda, 42-inch $4,999

My 507 arrives tomorrow.

I'm not quiet ready for it yet.

I waited 4 weeks before I moved into my new place. I only moved in Wednesday and I've been busy painting the lounge room. I've only got 1 coat on so far.....I'm guessing it will stay that way for a few weeks until I’ve had my fun with my new tellie ;)

The TV will go on a temporary table until I buy a TV unit. I'm really not ready for it, but I want it NOW :D

My 507 arrives tomorrow.

I waited 4 weeks before I moved into my new place. I only moved in Wednesday and I've been busy painting the lounge room. I've only got 1 coat on so far.....I'm guessing it will stay that way for a few weeks until I’ve had my fun with my new tellie ;)

The TV will go on a temporary table until I buy a TV unit. I'm really not ready for it, but I want it NOW :D

ah bugger the 2nd coat.....................you wont notice it :lol:

ah bugger the 2nd coat.....................you wont notice it :lol:

I know, I won't be looking past the 50" beast anyway.

I'll wait the GF cracks the poos :P

I know, I won't be looking past the 50" beast anyway.

I'll wait the GF cracks the poos :P

you wont have to worry.............mrs chats watches it more than me

Folks

Anyone using the Pio 750 wth a Pio B/R & calibrated? :rolleyes: ......What's the result? & can you supply photos??

Might seem a dumb question, but does the Australian 507 come with speakers included? The manual and brochure seems to call them "optional" for the 507 (included/built in on the 427) and searching this thread didn't really clear up the issue either.

I don't have the whole AV receiver set up going so I need some kind of speakers at least for a while. Even if I did, I wouldn't always use it e.g. watching the news or something the regular speakers would be fine.

Might seem a dumb question, but does the Australian 507 come with speakers included? The manual and brochure seems to call them "optional" for the 507 (included/built in on the 427) and searching this thread didn't really clear up the issue either.

I don't have the whole AV receiver set up going so I need some kind of speakers at least for a while. Even if I did, I wouldn't always use it e.g. watching the news or something the regular speakers would be fine.

Yes, it come with speakers included. If you don't like them, just take out the screws and it come out in one piece.

Yes, it come with speakers included. If you don't like them, just take out the screws and it come out in one piece.
I have heard the quality is not too bad.

Cool. I thought they would given it's not a commercial panel like the 50MXE20. It's just everything implies they are a separate item. Even the 508 review here seems to say speakers aren't included (it says "0 (available as optional extra)").

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/Pioneer-PDP508XD/

Looking to buy since I think the 508 is simply going to be too expensive for me and I kind of want something for the Rugby World Cup. HN guy tonight told me he had a couple. I'm not sure I fully believe him though given others experiences here.

I have heard the quality is not too bad.

It lack bass, but yes the quality is not too bad, just use your home theatre to watch DVD.

Guest EZYHD

This morning my 507 finally arrives after all these hassles with JB and Pioneer and I'm rather p.....d off. One minute they told me it includes delivery and instal and later no instal, but I will be taking this a lot further, and as an old media man I still have contacts. More than likely I can do it myself but with me its a matter of principal.

Has anyone matched up the 507 with a DVD player based around the Faroudja deinterlacing/scaling chip? If so, have you seen any or much evidence of the macroblocking issue that appaeently occurs with that chip and some displays?

My 507 arrives tomorrow.

m8 - why don't you stick the 507 in the kitchen or bathroom and then get the LX608D, that should show up just about the time your 3rd coat has dried, and then you can tell us all how wonderful it is :rolleyes:

my installers gave me the option of installing the speaker or not...........i went with it. we use it when viewing FTA & to me the sound is not bad. even listen to a couple of dvd's with it. some one else said it lacks bass......it is a tv speaker...........but a hundred times better than the tinny sounding things that came with the out laws lcd

my installers gave me the option of installing the speaker or not...........i went with it. we use it when viewing FTA & to me the sound is not bad. even listen to a couple of dvd's with it. some one else said it lacks bass......it is a tv speaker...........but a hundred times better than the tinny sounding things that came with the out laws lcd

The Toshiba rear projection TV that the 507 replaced had a subwoofer, produces amazing bottom end which I missed. Even my Sony KVHR36 has a subwoofer in it.

I suppose with the thin plasma there is no room for a subwoofer, but there is a subwoofer output on the 507 that I was thinking of connecting to my home theatre M&K75 subwoofer.

Yep that sums up what I had heard.

Maybe it was your comment orginally that I read!!??

I use my AVR and speakers for all the sound on mine but the 80 cm Sony CRT is rapidly failing in the other room.

Maybe the next purchase will be a 2nd plasma, this time with speakers.

V v high WAF!!

Which Myer store did you purchase the 507 as i been to two stores in Sydney, Hurstville and Roselands and they refused to go down to $3600 despite trying to price macth with JB Hifi

I got it from Indooroopilly Myer which is western sub, of Brisbane. Other Myer store in Brisbane only willing to go $3700.

Got mine installed yesterday, very happy with it!

Yep that sums up what I had heard.

Maybe it was your comment orginally that I read!!??

I use my AVR and speakers for all the sound on mine but the 80 cm Sony CRT is rapidly failing in the other room.

Maybe the next purchase will be a 2nd plasma, this time with speakers.

V v high WAF!!

i think it was lyle

you're right about WAF...............if we tallied up the hours of use mrs chats is way ahead..................i didn't think she would be this happy with it

Got my 507 delivered at 11:23 this morning. I was a bit scared that it would be too big for the room, but I'm glad I went with the 50".

The installers were great, they made sure that my dvd was setup right for the panel. I couldn't have been happier with the service.

I've only had 2 minutes to look at it before the plastic and sheets were over it, so I could apply the second coat of paint to the walls. Its very distracting sitting there. ;)

Hopefully I'll have time to sit on the floor and watch the footy.... couch hasn't arrived yet <_<

Foxtail, I hope you're enjoying yours mate.

I've had my 50MXE20 for around 4 weeks now and I'm afraid to say the wall has almost swallowed it already, that is to say it now actually doesn't look very big.. even the misses agrees :o - have seen a 60" pio (not sure what model) in a local store and that does look massive. Originally we were going to go for a 42" - I'm VERY glad we didn't, so at some point I'll have to move the 507 to the kitchen and get that LX608D monster in to replace... :D

Got my 507 delivered at 11:23 this morning. I was a bit scared that it would be too big for the room, but I'm glad I went with the 50".

The installers were great, they made sure that my dvd was setup right for the panel. I couldn't have been happier with the service.

I've only had 2 minutes to look at it before the plastic and sheets were over it, so I could apply the second coat of paint to the walls. Its very distracting sitting there. ;)

Hopefully I'll have time to sit on the floor and watch the footy.... couch hasn't arrived yet <_<

MR.................went through something similarhad mine in for a day or so then had to pull up the old carpet.........................the poor old 507 was covered with a sheet for the next 2 days...............punishing

The Toshiba rear projection TV that the 507 replaced had a subwoofer, produces amazing bottom end which I missed. Even my Sony KVHR36 has a subwoofer in it.

I suppose with the thin plasma there is no room for a subwoofer, but there is a subwoofer output on the 507 that I was thinking of connecting to my home theatre M&K75 subwoofer.

yeah kale i saw that output. might get around to play around with it one day

He has been awfully quiet today hasn't he!

I got it from Indooroopilly Myer which is western sub, of Brisbane. Other Myer store in Brisbane only willing to go $3700.

Got mine installed yesterday, very happy with it!

Do you remember the name of the sales assistant that sold it to you?

Guest EZYHD

The 6 week wait is over and the Pioneer 507 arrived this afternoon.

After an email from me today JB have now advised they will arrange instal of the 507 from a local audio/visual expert here in Cairns that I advised them of, so now a happy chappie.

Need some help though.

So far I have it set up and running on the inbuilt TV tuner.

While I await the delivery of the BeyondWiz STB with HDMI I'm using a Topfield MP SD STB, I have a picture via video S but its only black & white!, I'm dammed if I know how to get colour. I've checked the pins and cable insert, even changed the visdo s cable, looked through the various menus to no avail, anyone have a possible solution?.