Sign in to follow this  
gragra

Pioneer 50-inch $6,499 - Pdp507xda, 42-inch $4,999

Just had my 507 installed today. Cancelled the DJs order (they still could't advise when Pioneer would have stock) and went through Clive Anthony's (who had their own stock) for the sharp price of $5100. Also bought a Samsung HD860 DVD player for $175 from Retravision, one of the few low-end DVD players to include an HDMI cable. (Liked the idea of the Marantz DV6600 but thought I'd spent enough cash already). I'm loving it!

Just had my 507 installed today. Cancelled the DJs order (they still could't advise when Pioneer would have stock) and went through Clive Anthony's (who had their own stock) for the sharp price of $5100. Also bought a Samsung HD860 DVD player for $175 from Retravision, one of the few low-end DVD players to include an HDMI cable. (Liked the idea of the Marantz DV6600 but thought I'd spent enough cash already). I'm loving it!

$5100 makes you wonder what the margin is for the dealers, and what the true "net" price is. Sounds like it was money well spent anyway. Enjoy.

If you can believe the salespeople cost price is arout $5200, but as you probably know the retailers get rebates as well. Not sure how much these are though. One other poster to this forum mentioned a similar price plus 4 years interest free. Now that is a cracking deal!

If you can believe the salespeople cost price is arout $5200, but as you probably know the retailers get rebates as well. Not sure how much these are though. One other poster to this forum mentioned a similar price plus 4 years interest free. Now that is a cracking deal!

It almost sounds to good to be true. But you just don't know these days how far sales guys will go to boost their figures. Are you upgrading or is your first plasma?

First plasma. The price falls in the last few months really got my attention. For such a big outlay of cash the aesthetics and full service package from Pioneer were always going to be key factors for me. The Panasonic and Sony X series LCD were also in the frame but ultimately went for the Pioneer.

Hi Guys, been reading these forums for a while, a lot of the info from here helped me decide on my new purchase. I just bought the 507 from David Jones in Perth.

I originally had Myer doing the TV for $5,265 on 12 months int free, and on my way there stopped in DJ's to get a comparison price. The salesman told me his best cash price was $5,999. I told him the Myer offer of 10% off the RRP, plus another 10% off when using the Source card. He then told me DJ's guarentee to beat any price, and promptly told me he would do the 507 on 48 months int free (1/3rd deposit) for $5,150!!

So I'm a very happy man, itching to get the new tv which should be in the next 2 weeks...

Again thanks for all the info which helped me decide on the Pioneer Plasma.

Cheers

Brett

Thanks for that post Brett!

I went down to DJ's and made the same deal...they gave it to me for $5150 and 2 years interest free (which calculates to about $4500 after the income on the interest).

Again, many thanks mate!!

Thanks for that post Brett!

I went down to DJ's and made the same deal...they gave it to me for $5150 and 2 years interest free (which calculates to about $4500 after the income on the interest).

Again, many thanks mate!!

Commented in the other 507 thread, very happy to be able to help you out mate...

Now the wait for delivery begins... :blink:

Has anyone seen a 427 in the flesh? All the stores seem to only have 507's on display.

Is the setup the same on the 427 - ie. speaker at the bottom of the panel, same stand as the 507 etc.?

Best price I've been quoted is approx $4230 (Myer) for the 427.

Hey everyone - 1st time poster long time lurker etc

I just purchased the 50" Pioneer PDP507 for $4688.10 from Myer Bendigo

I used the Myer One discount ($10 off for every $75 spent) and the Myer Source Card (10% off) taking it from the ticket price of $5,999 to $4,688.10 with 3 months interest free. I will also get some myer one vouchers as well (not exactly sure how much but should be approximately $100 or so).

Very happy with the price. I have scanned a copy of the receipt but I'm not sure how to post it. Happy to email it to people via PM although the Myer One discount ended on the 29th October 2006.

Will let people know what I think of it when I get it installed, run in and professionally calibrated.

Oops accidentally put this in the "Opinions" thread rather than the price one. Sorry about that - now to get advice on Home Theater gear (as soon as my post count hits 10)

I called Pioneer today to ask about the 427's. The woman confirmed there was a delaay with them but they now have received their shipment from Japan and theres plenty to fulfil all the backorders around Australia.

She said they should all be fulfilled by end of this week, early next week.

ISF C3 calibration.

Does anyone know what is included?

Does it have pre-calibrated settings or it just that you have the abilaty to call out an ISF consultant to calibrate this set after 200 odd hours. And at who's cost?

Strange that Pioneer list it under their specifications, if nothing is included.

ISF C3 calibration.

Does anyone know what is included?

Does it have pre-calibrated settings or it just that you have the abilaty to call out an ISF consultant to calibrate this set after 200 odd hours. And at who's cost?

Strange that Pioneer list it under their specifications, if nothing is included.

It allows for easier calibration and the ability to save a few different "modes" eg. Daytime/Nightime viewing.

The actual calibration isn't included in these consumer model Pioneers but can be done for approx $350-$400. That's for all of your sources.

No one will believe it but after all my consternation & indecisiveness over the last 6 months I have finally ordered my first plasma - Pioneer 427 @ Myer for $4100. I know I got a good deal as HN & DJ's were unable to match this price.

Very happy & relieved that I've finally taken the plunge.

Whilst I do suffer from obsessive-compulsive traits & do my research before purchasing reasonably expensive items, I have never had so much performance anxiety as I have with my plasma purchase.

At the end of the day I chose Pioneer over Panasonic because I felt the colour reproduction was superior & I preferred the design & styling.

If it wasn't for Panasonic going black & silver with their panels I would have had a plasma 6 months ago. Superficial, I know, but I want my plasma to look good both on & off.

For Pana owners don't take that as an insult as I highly rate the Panasonic panel. It is definitely the best value for money panel going around. The black & silver frame just distracts me & I couldn't get over it.

Whilst it may seem gutsy of me to order a panel that hasn't yet appeared in store displays (only 507s at present), US & UK forums have plenty of positive comments to make about this panel.

Now I'm just hoping to get the panel before the Ashes series starts.............

A big thankyou to the following forumers who helped me out a great deal through my journey: Zacspeed, Angryofmayfair, & Waylander.

For those of you who recommended I go for a 50 inch panel I apologise for not following your advice but after my own very intense research & consideration of my own individual needs I am very confident I have made the correct decision for me.

This is a fantastic forum - I have learned so much over the last 6 months from some very knowledgeable people. It has been an enjoyable experience.

Peace out! :blink:

Well done Lavs I doubt you will be disappointed, although you *will* have times when you think the picture is bloody terrible as well as (many more) times when you think it's simply stunning :D

BTW saw the 42" in JB NarreWarren yesterday and it looks superb both switched On & Off! :-)

I too am looking forward to the cricket (come on Poms!) but with just a little concern about ch9's cricket logo and burn-in :blink:

They only had the demo on the wall. Salesman (Tim) said he would get Pioneer to ring either today or Monday to arrange installation date. Haven't told the missus yet!!!! Any suggestions? I think I'll need a helmet of some sort.

Hey Toolman7,

I'm gonna head to Fountain Gate and see Tim for a deal on the 507. You got a great deal after looking around this w'kend.

Cheers

Jason

I'm starting the get the sh*ts, I've been waiting over a f*cking month for my 427 and I have Pioneer managers friggin lying to me saying they can't tell me when the TV will arrive at my local store where I ordered it.

They don't even offer a god damn apology for not even informing me of this extremely long delay. I expect better when spending $4200 on a TV.

Mate that's bad news - I don't think I could have coped with that sort of delay - it might be worth having a look around as a new buyer for a store that has one in stock ( I did exactly that with my 507 as the local shop didn't have stock, I also probably paid a bit extra at $5400 than if I had waitied but to me it was worth it) and when you find it you could either cancel your current order and buy from the store with stock or perhaps hassle Pioneer direct and tell them you know where there is stock so how come you are still waiting etc etc...

I called my JB store today, seems that it is now in stock so I just need to call Pioneer to work out a day for instalation. I want it done before the weekend and I'll explosion if they refuse.

lol

Looks like you got a bad JB hi-fi or maybe I was lucky and got a good one (I'm not a fan of JB hi-fi in general and am glad that I will now be dealing direct with Pioneer if there are any probs) as the guy that sold me mine (Matt, JB Knox City Melb) actually called Pioneer whilst I was in the shop (this was at 9pm on a Thursday - Pioneer keep their help line open just for JB and DJ's/Myer etc) and I arranged there and then to have the set delivered and installed on the Monday, just 4 days later...

I might have been able to do the same at JB NarreWarren as even though they didn't have stock they did say that they could organise transfer from another JB store, but I didn't trust them and took the drive to a store with stock just to be sure.

Whatever, it sounds as though you will up and running in the very near future - hope it ll goes well....

Wandered the city (Melb) at lunchtime today.... 507XDA $s :

David Jones $6499 - 10% sale = $5,849

Myer = $5,999

JB overheard the following exchange - almost word for word....

"What's the best price you can do?" - customer

"If I do $5,275 there's only $55 margin in it... why, what's your best quote so far?" - sales rep

"$5,600" - c

"So, $5,275 is pretty good then" - sr

"Would you take $5,300?" - c

I found it hard not to yell "SHUT UP AND PAY!"

Has anyone had any image retention from FTA TV or games(360)? and has anyone taken advantage of the 1080p chip to watch 1080p movies or play games? I know there's not many around or if you have seen it demoed. Is there much of a difference? and what is the 3D modeling like with games?

No signs of image retention - been watching 4:3 material, playing 360 and nothing. Installers said unlikely unless something is left on for hours.

I havent tried any 1080p material.

Just a quick note to say I got my 427 setup early this week & am a very happy boy.

PQ is fantastic, although it does vary with the source being fed to it.

The colours this panel can produce are particularly impressive - rich, full colours & very natural.

I was a little nervous about getting a Pioneer as I was previously a big Pana fan. But now I am happy I spent that bit extra.

If anyone is considering buying the Pioneer, don't hesitate - you will not be disappointed with the picture.

Wandered the city (Melb) at lunchtime today.... 507XDA $s :

David Jones $6499 - 10% sale = $5,849

Myer = $5,999

JB overheard the following exchange - almost word for word....

"What's the best price you can do?" - customer

"If I do $5,275 there's only $55 margin in it... why, what's your best quote so far?" - sales rep

"$5,600" - c

"So, $5,275 is pretty good then" - sr

"Would you take $5,300?" - c

I found it hard not to yell "SHUT UP AND PAY!"

u should've bought it for $5275 and sold it to the customer for $5300...

Given Pioneer provide free delivery and installation (to selected areas), do you think it would matter where you bought a Pioneer in relation to where it needed to be delivered?

I ask this because I'm in Coffs Harbour at the moment (an area to which Pioneer provide free delivery and installation), but I'm not sure what bargaining power I will have given the limited range of store competition in a small regional town. Could I pop up the road to Brisbane/Gold Coast, haggle for best price there and request delivery to Coff's Harbour?

I've never been quite clear on how Pioneer organise this stuff. When I bought my 504, the unit came from the local Harvey Norman and the installers were also arranged locally by that Harvey Norman. I thought it was suss, but phoned Pioneer and they confirmed it was all okay...local stores can use their own installers and they save the fee that Pioneer would normally charge for the installation service.

Maybe I should just phone a Brisbane Myer store and see what they say, but by chance, has anyone else been down this path?

Cheers

Cliff