Sign in to follow this  
gragra

Pioneer 50-inch $6,499 - Pdp507xda, 42-inch $4,999

Me too - $5400 at JB Knox - BTW was very impressed with the sales guy Matt out there - a cut above your average JB sales person - not pushy but went out of his way to help with connecting hdmi cables etc and then organised delivery & install between me & Pioneer while I was still there - it all happens Monday morning :-)

Hi there maximusmax

This might be a very silly question but I thought the recommended retail price is only $6499 for the 507! In that case, how is it possible the guys from HN quoted you more than this ($6800)? Does this price include something that we are not aware of?

s0com

oops, i glad im married, the wife told me we paid $5375 not $6375, should get next week,

little peeved about the remote (downloaded user manual).

its not a multi function remote (can't control the dvd) overseas got a multi function remote.

oops, i glad im married, the wife told me we paid $5375 not $6375, should get next week,

little peeved about the remote (downloaded user manual).

its not a multi function remote (can't control the dvd) overseas got a multi function remote.

Just ordered to Pio 507 from Myers for $5265 using my new source mastercard & Myerone card (which will give me another $100-150 in gift vouchers soon) so I`m a happy man. Can`t wait for delivery & installation.

Should I call JB regarding my 427 or should I just wait for their call?

I ordered it on the 5th of this month.

Should I call JB regarding my 427 or should I just wait for their call?

I ordered it on the 5th of this month.

I'd give them a call. I cant believe you have waiting this long :blink:

I think the 42" model might have been delayed a few days - all the ones I have seen so far have been 50" ones...

One JB sales guy I spoke to mentioned the 42 should be available this week.

It wouldn't hurt to call JB or Pioneer though

I think the 42" model might have been delayed a few days - all the ones I have seen so far have been 50" ones...

One JB sales guy I spoke to mentioned the 42 should be available this week.

It wouldn't hurt to call JB or Pioneer though

Apparently the latest shipment from Japan is delayed but wasn`t able to speak to anyone who could confirm how long. Anyone know?

Apparently the latest shipment from Japan is delayed but wasn`t able to speak to anyone who could confirm how long. Anyone know?

"BUMP"

Finally decided on the 507 tonight. Was looking at the 506 runout but at $5264.19 for the 507 at Myer I couldnt pass up the newer model. Will post a review once delivered.

This is interesting. Pioneer has a competition where you can win a loaner of a new 50" Plasma. I wondering if they will only loan a 506 or if it will be a 507?

http://www.pioneer.com.au/insidepioneer/currentcompetitions/

Just heard from Pioneer, 1 to 2 week delay on shipment of 507`s....bugger.

Finally decided on the 507 tonight. Was looking at the 506 runout but at $5264.19 for the 507 at Myer I couldnt pass up the newer model. Will post a review once delivered.

Just did the same. Had been waiting for the Pana 600a for a while but once I did the numbers with the myer deal I couldn't refuse it. I have voluntarily delayed the delivery til mid december however :blink: because thats when Im moving house...

Hi Guys, been reading these forums for a while, a lot of the info from here helped me decide on my new purchase. I just bought the 507 from David Jones in Perth.

I originally had Myer doing the TV for $5,265 on 12 months int free, and on my way there stopped in DJ's to get a comparison price. The salesman told me his best cash price was $5,999. I told him the Myer offer of 10% off the RRP, plus another 10% off when using the Source card. He then told me DJ's guarentee to beat any price, and promptly told me he would do the 507 on 48 months int free (1/3rd deposit) for $5,150!!

So I'm a very happy man, itching to get the new tv which should be in the next 2 weeks...

Again thanks for all the info which helped me decide on the Pioneer Plasma.

Cheers

Brett

Hi Guys, been reading these forums for a while, a lot of the info from here helped me decide on my new purchase. I just bought the 507 from David Jones in Perth.

I originally had Myer doing the TV for $5,265 on 12 months int free, and on my way there stopped in DJ's to get a comparison price. The salesman told me his best cash price was $5,999. I told him the Myer offer of 10% off the RRP, plus another 10% off when using the Source card. He then told me DJ's guarentee to beat any price, and promptly told me he would do the 507 on 48 months int free (1/3rd deposit) for $5,150!!

So I'm a very happy man, itching to get the new tv which should be in the next 2 weeks...

Again thanks for all the info which helped me decide on the Pioneer Plasma.

Cheers

Brett

Congrats Brett... and damn good price

Edited by CrustyDemon

has anyone seen the 427 in the shops yet?

Hi BrettH

That is a great price you managed to get the 507 for. Any chance of getting a copy of the receipt PM to me.

Thanks heaps, Andrew

Edited by s0com

Hi BrettH

That is a great price you managed to get the 507 for. Any chance of getting a copy of the receipt PM to me.

Thanks heaps, Andrew

Will see what I can do Andrew. Not sure if DJ's will still do that price as the MYER offer has finished but definately worth a shot...

Are you in Perth?

Will see what I can do Andrew. Not sure if DJ's will still do that price as the MYER offer has finished but definately worth a shot...

Are you in Perth?

Thanks BrettH

Really appreciate it! Agreed, not sure if DJs will still give that price but definitely worth a try!

Unfortunately not in Perth, actually in Melbourne.

Thanks again, Andrew

Edited by s0com

Thanks BrettH

Really appreciate it! Agreed, not sure if DJs will still give that price but definitely worth a try!

Unfortunately not in Perth, actually in Melbourne.

Thanks again, Andrew

Gentlemen, just purchased my new 507 from JB in Fountain Gate (Vic) for $5205 with HDMI cables thrown in. Cheers,

great price toolman - enjoy did they have it in stock?

They only had the demo on the wall. Salesman (Tim) said he would get Pioneer to ring either today or Monday to arrange installation date. Haven't told the missus yet!!!! Any suggestions? I think I'll need a helmet of some sort.

They only had the demo on the wall. Salesman (Tim) said he would get Pioneer to ring either today or Monday to arrange installation date. Haven't told the missus yet!!!! Any suggestions? I think I'll need a helmet of some sort.

:D

You are so in trouble. Wait until she says "but you could have bought this 50" ChunWah brand panel for half that".

Take 'em along, let them compare with their own eyes.

Good luck :blink:

JB Fountain Gate (Vic) have 50" in stock. Pioneer just rang to book installation and confirmed plenty of new stock available. Go get em.