Pioneer 50-inch $6,499 - Pdp507xda, 42-inch $4,999

Had 2 emails from Pioneer confirming delivery and instal in Cairns if I bought down south, was the clincher for us, bought of JB Hi Fi in Ipswich then they (JB) found out Pioneer told them NO, so have reneged on there advise to me. There is a guy in Cairns who does HN's instals, going to get a price and hit Pioneer with the cost.

MY EMAIL:

To

service@pioneer.com.au

cc

Subject

Re: Info

HI,

Can you advise if we buy a Pioneer 507 from JB Hi Fi or David Jones in Brisbane or Sydney for instance would this be delivered by Pioneer and you would arrange instal?.

If the above is not correct we will buy Pansonic instead.

Reason being this TV is far too expensive here in Cairns and 2 of us here are buying a set each.

THEIR REPLY:

Thank you for your email,

Thanks for Considering purchasing our Fantastic Plasma panel , in answer to your question yes you can buy the panel from the retailers you mentioned and it will be delivered and installed to your premises by a Pioneer technician

Should you require further assistance with Pioneer products please feel free to contact our Help line and speak to one of our trained technicians on 1800 988 268.

Mon-Wed - 9am-5pm

Thur-Fri - 9am-9pm

Sat - 9am - 5pm

Thankyou.

Customer Care Centre | Pioneer Electronics Australia Pty Ltd

T: 1800 988 268 F: 1800 781 114

www.pioneer.com.au

I would talk to consumer affairs you asked if installation was included and said it was important in that you would be buying a pana otherwise, they said yes and pull this crap. you can provide a copy of e mail to consumer affairs to your case and have litte to lose by at least talking to them. good luck alan

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe??? all you guys will get lucky.

If they can't fill the orders you might get 508's at the same price.

Pioneer sales rep I spoke to also could not tell me when I would get my tv. She did however tell me that the 508's would have a RRP of $5500.

Doubt they'll give me a 508 instead of a 507. I paid $3600 for my 507 and got a free hdmi cable as well.

Shame there is no reduction in the purchase price from Pioneer for not being able to provide installation - have you asked about this?

Short answer, this would never be possible.

Pioneer cannot legally set any price, they can only offer a RRP for the product ONLY. There is no additional charge, as the services (install, etc) is built into the initial manufacturer pricing pre on-sell to retail. ie. Pioneer & Retail are legally 2 separate entities.

fyi,

http://www.smarthousenews.com.au/Home_Cine...9T4W8S9#Scene_1

Pioneer’s Kuro Plasma Voted Europe’s Best

Sarah Falson - Wednesday, 22 August 2007

Pioneer’s brand new range of black-chassied, Kuro-branded full-HD plasma televisions has already gained recognition in Europe only several months after its launch with the European Image and Sound Association (EISA) naming the 50-inch PDP-LX508D model ‘Europe’s best Full-HD plasma screen'.

The award, judged by 50 editors from a selection of highly-regarded European consumer electronics magazines, recognised Pioneer's "relentless and continuous innovation in flat panel technology," including its "massively improved" contrast ratio which offers deeper blacks and richer colours than its preceding models.

‘Project Kuro' – the marketing name given to Pioneer's range of new plasmas, a Blu-ray player, two DVD recorders with built-in digital tuners and a home theatre system designed and built for Blu-ray – will make its debut on our shores next month at a press launch in Sydney.

"Once again Pioneer has reaffirmed its mastery of plasma picture quality," said a representative from the EISA judging panel.

"The ‘Full-HD' PDP-LX508D sets a new standard for that key benchmark of home cinema video performance: black level depth. To achieve this exceptional result, Pioneer has simultaneously improved the three fundamental display elements – panel, filter and electronics – while at the same time paying close attention to picture processing, including motion compensation subsystems.

"Plus, as befits such a home cinema workhorse, the PDP-LX508D is also capable of reproducing high definition movies in their original format of 24 frames per second, exactly as they would be seen in a movie theatre."

The Kuro branding represents a partnership with TBWA, a global creative agency. With TBWA on board, Pioneer is re-defining its target audience, attempting to appeal to consumers not according to their age or gender but rather "through their shared passion for premium quality products and their refusal to settle for second best," said the company.

"In today's environment, the incomparable quality and performance of our Project Kuro display panels distinguishes Pioneer from the rest of the market but that may not be enough on its own," said Pioneer Electronics Australia national marketing manager for the home entertainment group, Mark Anning.

"Instrumental to the success of Project Kuro will be the newly-forged relationship with TBWA, who have a tremendous reputation stemming from successful marketing initiatives for brands like Apple Computer, Adidas and Pedigree."

My 507 arrived this morning from JB down south, JB gave them wrong phone number so coming back tomorrow with it, dam. These new rental units have no buzzer from front gate to unit, so we didn't know the courier was there, hope tomorrow comes soon after this 6 week wait.

Frustrating.

It sure is Lyle, at least I know its finally here in Cairns. My mate received his and called me I told him what happened, he said "funny thing that , it had your name on my TV box!", he was just joking of course.

It sure is Lyle, at least I know its finally here in Cairns. My mate received his and called me I told him what happened, he said "funny thing that , it had your name on my TV box!", he was just joking of course.

Classic! :)

After waiting all week for a call from Pioneer, I rang Truscotts today to find out where it was at. Presto, an hour later I get the call!

So its locked in for next Wed. The receptionist asked what I needed connected to the 507 to which I replied just Foxtel and there was no mention of any labour rates or additional charges or options.

OFF TOPIC.

Why on earth would anyone considering purchasing the 1080i 507, go for the 1080P Kuro ??

PLEASE STAY ON-TOPIC

cause of the price... your looking at about $3700 compared to a guestimate on the price of the full hd 508 Kuro which will be bout $8000!! thats why!

but yeah i'd be waiting on the new 508 1080i Kuro which will probably only be bout 1000 - 1500 difference

For those considering on purchasing the 507 might want to wait for the 508 ? or those who have a 507 might want to trade up if the 508 is really that much better ?

:rolleyes:

Hey c'mon guys.

The 507 and the 50MXE20 are soooo good (especially calibrated) that I reckon that 90% of us (excluding Owen et al) won't be able to see the difference.

I might be wrong, and I'll admit I've been wrong before, but ..................

Speaking to the guys installing mine today it sounds like Pioneer fully intends on keeping the price up on the 508. It will come down in time like all other models, but will be nothing like the $3840 I paid for my 507.

It's nice to finally be a member of the "big screen" club.

I asked about changing settings etc today and the bloke recommended I wait for at least 100 hours before any calibration. Should I change my settings to what's recommended in this thread, or should I wait until after the 100 hours and run AVIA? I think the colours are a little too bright and I'm only on the "standard" setting.

Speaking to the guys installing mine today it sounds like Pioneer fully intends on keeping the price up on the 508. It will come down in time like all other models, but will be nothing like the $3840 I paid for my 507.

It's nice to finally be a member of the "big screen" club.

I asked about changing settings etc today and the bloke recommended I wait for at least 100 hours before any calibration. Should I change my settings to what's recommended in this thread, or should I wait until after the 100 hours and run AVIA? I think the colours are a little too bright and I'm only on the "standard" setting.

The answer for the 50MXE20 (from AVICAL) was NO. I am less sure about the 507.

The word is that if you turn down the setting you need to wait twice as long to do the calibration.

If in doubt ask an ISF calibrator (Aaron at AVICAL or other).

No doubt Pioneer "intends" to keep the price up, but they still have to sell them. If the prices are too high (especially for the non-1080p models) they're gonna lose out to the cheaper LCDs/Plasmas. It'll be interesting to see what they peg them at. I'm patient. I think whatever the RRP is will be well down "on the street" before Christmas.