Pioneer 50-inch $6,499 - Pdp507xda, 42-inch $4,999

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Direct cut & paste from the article:

"There are under-mounted speakers available for the 50 inch panel."

"A fully integrated one-body design on the 42 inch plasma and side-mounted, detachable speakers on the 50 inch 7th generation plasma screens use SRS(WOW)™ technology, which includes SRS Surround, TruBass® and Focus™ for superior audio quality. "

Also, I'm fairly certain panasonic's plasma speakers aren't detachable.

And yet at the bottom they say ;

"Every Pioneer plasma display will be delivered with high quality speakers and a table-top stand or wall mount to ensure they receive ‘The Complete Plasma Experience’"

Every pioneer plasma EXCEPT 50"?!? :blink:

so what is the native res of this tv?

I thought they were full hdtv sets with a resolution of 1920*1080?

It is the PDP-5000EX that is 1920 x 1080p. RRP is $15,000 but price will come down with time.

The PDP-506HD is 1280 x 768. Presumably the 507 will be the same.

The PDP-436HD is 1024 x 768.

Hey guys

Tonight I just ordered my Pionner 427XDA at JB Hifi.

This is what I bought all together and I'm really excited as it's the first cinema setup I've bought.

Pioneer 427XDA - $4284

Sony receiver STRDA1200ES - $1075

Sony speakers SAVS300H - $1067

Akari TV unit - $385

optical cables x2 - $40

Total being $7000.

*EDIT*

Damn, I think I'll call JB first thing in the morning and see if I can swap the STRDA1200ES for the STRDA3200ESB. It's a bit more expensive but definately worth it.

Myer are doing pre-orders right now (Release date tomorrow :blink: )

Plus they have their 10% off sale at the moment, meaning the 50" will be $5849.90, 42" at $4499.90.

Hehe, i hope u all get ur orders in,

Could you use the source card with that for a further 10% off...?

got a quote from HN for the 507 for $6800

there is only two places here i can get quotes from,

the other place quoted $6399, went back to HN then they offered $6375

inc delivery, we are getting ripped in the sticks.

they said it was low price and they didn't beleive us we got a quote for 6400, its ordered, get it next week.

got a quote from HN for the 507 for $6800

there is only two places here i can get quotes from,

the other place quoted $6399, went back to HN then they offered $6375

inc delivery, we are getting ripped in the sticks.

they said it was low price and they didn't beleive us we got a quote for 6400, its ordered, get it next week.

Hi there maximusmax

This might be a very silly question but I thought the recommended retail price is only $6499 for the 507! In that case, how is it possible the guys from HN quoted you more than this ($6800)? Does this price include something that we are not aware of?

s0com

Hi there maximusmax

This might be a very silly question but I thought the recommended retail price is only $6499 for the 507! In that case, how is it possible the guys from HN quoted you more than this ($6800)? Does this price include something that we are not aware of?

s0com

like i said, we are getting ripped here in the sticks

like i said, we are getting ripped here in the sticks

A consulting firm I worked for did some work in the retail field, including a detailed price study in a number of consumer goods, including electronics.

HN does a good job of creating the impression they are cheap - but they are definitely not! If you don't negotiate or price compare you will get a bad deal.

Guest CrustyDemon

For the 50" PDP-507XDA plasma - I've just been given a quote from a place in Kew/Victoria... price was quoted between $5,200 to $5,300. He said they will be in tomorrow and will confirm price when they arrive. I was a bit... well a lot suprised, but I have rang twice and both time I got the same quoted price on the new 50". :blink:

For the 50" PDP-507XDA plasma - I've just been given a quote from a place in Kew/Victoria... price was quoted between $5,200 to $5,300. He said they will be in tomorrow and will confirm price when they arrive. I was a bit... well a lot suprised, but I have rang twice and both time I got the same quoted price on the new 50". :blink:
And the name of the place is ?

Guest CrustyDemon
I'd guess that it's Trevor Lees Audio....

That's an excellent price - perhaps the extra $200 off compared to JB hifi is some compensation for having to deal with Trev - he can be a real PITA...

Then again so can most JB hifi sales guys.

Yes... that's the place.