Sign in to follow this  
Jonno64

Samsung La40r7

Picked one up yesterday evening for $2885!!!!!

Unpacked it. Plugged it in. The results are fanstastic!!!!

Aboslutely a great TV.

I have not got the Media PC connected or connected it to the Hi-Fi but I am impressed.

The good price was obtained through JB Hi-Fi. Domayne quoted $2900.

Yeah unbelievalbe price. Is this the one with the built in HD Tuner?

I can get the same Samsung LCD but without the built in HD Tuner (the LA40R71BX) for $2430 - would then need to spend another $300 to get a HD set top box.......so your price looks very good. I can only find the model mentioned above on the Samsung NZ website, not the Aust one.

wow that's an awesome price. i went into jb castle hill today. the salesman had absolutely no clue, and he wouldn't reduce a single cent. wanted to charge us 40 bucks for delivery. when we asked why it was so expensive he said: "well you know we have to actually get someone to drive the van like we don't just do it you see". um right... so we went to the good guys and got $3350. should've pushed harder i guess. oh well the sales guy was nice enough so i don't mind.

These one`s have had a price drop from samsung recently, thats why theyre going cheep.

I can get the same Samsung LCD but without the built in HD Tuner (the LA40R71BX) for $2430 - would then need to spend another $300 to get a HD set top box.......so your price looks very good. I can only find the model mentioned above on the Samsung NZ website, not the Aust one.

Where can you get the BX for $2430? The lack of the HD tuner is of no consequence to me!!!!!!!

Pity I cant say the same at the moment...

I just picked up the new samsung LA26R71BDX, and the darn thing works well for about 15 mins, then loses signal all the time!!! whats going on?? just before it loses signal, it becomes heavily pixelated then the screen goes blank. The antenna is ok, as I have a plasma working off it in the other room, with never any problems.

Am I missing something?

These one`s have had a price drop from samsung recently, thats why theyre going cheep.

Might be because some new 1,920 x 1,080s are on their way?

Samsung LN-S4095D 40" LCD

Wow - US $2,199 (A $2,930) for everything the Sony Bravia at $5,499 RRP is likely to be... :blink:

Edited by willyroo

Realistically though, you shouldn't have to pay more than $5000 for the 40" Bravia X series at the moment. And the Samsung certainly won't be available here for under $3000.

But yeah, there probably will be a noticeable price difference between the two models on the shelves.

Where can you get the BX for $2430? The lack of the HD tuner is of no consequence to me!!!!!!!

Yeah I would like to know too plz!

Whats the difference between the Samsung LA40R7 and the LA40S7 ???

I have a price of $2400 on the S7 - but unaware of the differences.

How does it compare to the Sony S Series KLVS40A??? $2500

So do you have your information correct, or did you make a mistake (eg, you meant the S Series, not the R)? If so, where can you even buy an R Series BX model, and more importantly where can you get one for $2430?

Whats the difference between the Samsung LA40R7 and the LA40S7 ???

I have a price of $2400 on the S7 - but unaware of the differences.

How does it compare to the Sony S Series KLVS40A??? $2500

Basically (I believe) just a lower "dynamic" contrast ratio (the real contrast ratio may be better) and no dig tuner.

Where did you get that price from? That is probaby still a good buy.

So do you have your information correct, or did you make a mistake (eg, you meant the S Series, not the R)? If so, where can you even buy an R Series BX model, and more importantly where can you get one for $2430?

Basically (I believe) just a lower "dynamic" contrast ratio (the real contrast ratio may be better) and no dig tuner.

Where did you get that price from? That is probaby still a good buy.

Hi

I confirmed with samsung last week that the R71 is only available in australia with the digital tuner. The BX is the Kiwi model with the analogue tuner.

The new S71 is the same screen and the old R51 with the lower contrast ratio. the bezzel looks a bit cheap and the speakers are on the side aswell.

And the same time the guy at samsung told me the new F71 will be available in November. This is the 1080p model. it will have no digital tuner, 6000:1 contrast ratio, 8 m/s refresh and 2 HDMI input. it will look like the M series. Will only come in the 40" and 46" sizw. No pricing yet. The sales desk guy said call back at the end of the month.

R

Hudsta

Hi

I confirmed with samsung last week that the R71 is only available in australia with the digital tuner. The BX is the Kiwi model with the analogue tuner.

The new S71 is the same screen and the old R51 with the lower contrast ratio. the bezzel looks a bit cheap and the speakers are on the side aswell.

And the same time the guy at samsung told me the new F71 will be available in November. This is the 1080p model. it will have no digital tuner, 6000:1 contrast ratio, 8 m/s refresh and 2 HDMI input. it will look like the M series. Will only come in the 40" and 46" sizw. No pricing yet. The sales desk guy said call back at the end of the month.

R

Hudsta

Thanks for the information. That F71 sounds like what I want. No dig tuner. 1080p. High contrast.

I'll probably stick with my new plan now of waiting until Christmas... :blink:

Pity I cant say the same at the moment...

I just picked up the new samsung LA26R71BDX, and the darn thing works well for about 15 mins, then loses signal all the time!!! whats going on?? just before it loses signal, it becomes heavily pixelated then the screen goes blank. The antenna is ok, as I have a plasma working off it in the other room, with never any problems.

Am I missing something?

Luke_sal

Did you find out what was causing your signal loss and pixelation? I'm having a similar problem.

I have just purchased a new 40" Samsung LA40S71BX and am loving it. I have also got a Phillips DTR7200 set top box and a Panasonic HDD. I cannot seem to get the HDD to work through the STB. Any suggestions on what I might need to do?

How are you trying to hook them up?

Nice buy, there definetly nice tv's.

I just bought the 32r7 for $1980 (from the good guys), i couldn't justify spending $1000 more for 8 more inches.

I'm suprised how good everything looks on it, not to mention how well they designed the UI. yes there is quirks, but it is mostly pretty much perfect.

I just bought the LA40S71BX 40 incher on saturday and love it, i'd always loved the samsung LCD's since my old man got his a few years back..

Picture is awesome, and light years better than the 68cm 4:3 trinitron thats been getting thrashed the last 11 years!! the only flawless sony thing ive owned haha

man, I hadn't even heard under $3k until now. nice

i got this one from Ebay seller for 2500 - including home delivery

try EBAY - you can buy one for under 2k - easyyy

kept my eye on this forum for ages... cheers to everyone for the valuable info re: HDTV's

on the weekend I purchased the La40r7 for $2500 at Myer in Brisbane/Chermside. I searched everywhere in brisbane for a Korean made one but had to settle for one made in Thailand. Simply beautiful TV specially the cricket on HD!

hope this helps...

i checked on ebay and cheapest i found was about $1895 for non-factory second.. + $95 postage.. in the end i got mine for $2020 at my local JB's, brand new unopened etc.. bloody nice TV's.. watched Over the Hedge yesterday and the PQ is sublime