Sign in to follow this  
Altair

Panasonic Tx-32lxd600a

Best price I've found was at Harvey Norman $1530 for teh 26", but there's no stock. He was willing to let me take the floorstock model temporarily until the new shipment came in after which we would then swap me one for a new one...!

I'd make sure I had that in writing before committing to the purchase!

Best price I've found was at Harvey Norman $1530 for teh 26", but there's no stock. He was willing to let me take the floorstock model temporarily until the new shipment came in after which we would then swap me one for a new one...!

hi Steffche.... no, no, haggle... I bought 1 yesterday (Sunday) for $1480 from LOCAL (Adelaide) electrical retailer - no large superstore/retail chain. :blink:

1st off, went to Myers, 10% off sale, straight off the bat... yes sir, I can do that model (TX26LXD600A) for $1500, but, no stock, have to wait 2 weeks - no way. (David Jones was 4 weeks).

Went to RadioRentals, 12.5% off, ($1487) just for today sir, we have only the floor model which U can take, or we can order 1 for U - 2 to 3 days - sale closes @ 4:00 today.... no way.

Went 2ks (if that) down the road... (local retailer) - yes sir, we will beat any price... $1480 is our best price & yes, we have 4 in stock... Great - out comes the plastic... rest is history... (50 bucks is 50 bucks).

My original quote from HN was $1650 1week ago, go figure... & no stock.

Great unit highly recommend for 2nd TV, bedroom, patio etc, the sound & PQ is very good compared to the 26" Sammy (my second choice).

PS: there is a subtle message in the above statement :D

Done...purchased the 26" Pana LCD for $1420.....!!!!

What the . . . . . . . . and I thought I got a good deal paying $2300 less than 3 months ago!

John K (aka WoodDuck)

I was happy with $1550 from JB the other day.!

And I was happy with $1480 on Sunday....!!!!! Bugger. :blink:

BTW, the place I purchase from said I had 21 days to return unit if JUST 1 DEAD pixel is found... how good is that, or is that normal... maybe that is worth the extra $60 I paid.... (as if) :D

looch

orderd one today from david jones at karrinyup $2099 inc 5 year warranty

next cheapest was Good Guys Os Park $2000 inc 3 year warranty

delivered tmw hopefully

Anyone know where the best place to buy a TX-32LXD600A in Adelaide is?

I'm happy to do the rounds of the usual suspects to get the best price, but I'd like to know where I should be looking and what the current best price is.

TX-32LXD600A $1649 (ticketted price) at DSE PowerHouse North Paramatta on Wednesday. I also paid $160 for a 4-year extension to the warranty, $1809 total. :blink:

This, I believe, is the same low price reported a couple of weeks ago at another DSE store on the NSW central coast.

Can this unit be wall-mounted okay? I ask because I notice it's a bit bulgy at the bottom.....can anyone recommend a brand of wall mount that suits this tv?

After having had the 26" model for a couple of weeks now, I thought I'd write to say how dissapointed I am in the PQ. I also own a 42" HD Viera plasma, and I can't understand what the debate has been about between whats better "Plasma VS LCD". To me the Plasma wins the PQ hands down.....

I can't stand the 'milky white' blacks that I'm getting and the washed out colors. Now, before anyone jumps down my throat with a comment like "you need to get it calibrated..." forget it. I am well adversed with the Video Essentials DVD and how to properly calibrate a TV....and it still looks below par compared to Plasma technology! I have tried the "Normal" picture setting, "Auto", "Cinema", color temp of Normal, Warm....etc etc..and at the end of day, they're all slight variations of 'dull, lifeless milky white black crap!

TV's in the bedroom, and although a dissapointment in the PQ area, it has improved another aspect of married life....where we once used to watch a perfect picture in a crappy little TEAC CRT TV, we now turn the TV off and do what bedrooms were initially desinged for....

Oh, there is a positive......the SOUND IS AWESOME! (I mean the TV, not my wife!)

My mate who bought the recent 50" Viera for $4,000 also bought the 26" Pansonic Viera LCD with built-in HD Tuner like me, and he is of the same opinion...Plasma all the way. Infact he no longer even goes to bed. In order to avoid the dissappointment he now sleeps on the couch in front of his PLASMA!!!!

Sorry to burst the bubble of anyone contemplating an LCD purchase, but...I gotta be honest here..

Guest webmal
After having had the 26" model for a couple of weeks now, I thought I'd write to say how dissapointed I am in the PQ.

I'm not surprised, only the 32" 600A is using the renowned IPS ALPHA panel. The 26" is using some rubbish Chinese or Korean made panel, it's nowhere as good as the real thing.

I'm not surprised, only the 32" 600A is using the renowned IPS ALPHA panel. The 26" is using some rubbish Chinese or Korean made panel, it's nowhere as good as the real thing.

Yep gotta agree with webmal. IPS Alpha is only on the 32 inch made in Japan.

Should have done your research champ.

The 32" 600A is a far nicer panel then the 26". I've got a 32" in my bedroom at home and a 26" in my oldest daughters bedroom at our beach house and there is no comparison in the PQ between the two. The 32" is clearly a superior panel by a large margin. I have a 50px600a plasma in the family room and its PQ is superior to the 32" and far better then the 26".

Guest webmal
The 32" is clearly a superior panel by a large margin. I have a 50px600a plasma in the family room and its PQ is superior to the 32" and far better then the 26".

I agree, too bad they don't sell plasma in 32" size.

hi everybody im new to these forums so gday and im in tassie and ive got a quick question that may be stupid so if it is im sorry.ok if i buy the 32inch version of this lcd and hook up a ps3 via hdmi what res is it going to be in because this isnt 1080p compatible will it downscale to 1080i res or 720p and is there a massive difference between 1080p and 1080i on a 32inch screen

Are you suggesting that the 26" isn't an IPS panel?

Nope but it isn't a latest Generation Alpha IPS panel which solved the problems of the first generation IPS panels and provides far better PQ.

The 26" uses a earlier generation standard IPS panel.

I'm checking this with Panasonic...awaiting a return call to confirm this....

I'm going to extremely disappointed if its true. I saw the 32" on display and was impressed with the pq, and then bought the 26" because I have a TV cabinet in the bedroom that doesn't fit the 32" version. Natrually I assumed the two panels are the same (apart from the obvious size difference)...

hi everybody im new to these forums so gday and im in tassie and ive got a quick question that may be stupid so if it is im sorry.ok if i buy the 32inch version of this lcd and hook up a ps3 via hdmi what res is it going to be in because this isnt 1080p compatible will it downscale to 1080i res or 720p and is there a massive difference between 1080p and 1080i on a 32inch screen

This TV will accept a 720p or a 1080i signal over HDMI. It will then scale it to its native resolution which is 1366 by 768. If it could accept a 1080p signal, I doubt you would notice much difference on a 32 inch screen.

I'm checking this with Panasonic...awaiting a return call to confirm this....

I'm going to extremely disappointed if its true. I saw the 32" on display and was impressed with the pq, and then bought the 26" because I have a TV cabinet in the bedroom that doesn't fit the 32" version. Natrually I assumed the two panels are the same (apart from the obvious size difference)...

I've just had another look at their product literature, and it does seem that only the 32" has the IPS Alpha panel. I was never really interested in the 26", but I must admit that I had also assumed that it would be using the same type of panel as the 32".