Panasonic Tx-32lxd600a

Hi there, I'm contemplating this TV based on the good reviews on here and the good prices going around at the moment - can someone tell me if Panasonic offers an extended warranty in the box (There was a card in with my last Panasonic CRT TV where I had to send in with payment any time within the original warranty period) - if so how much (and for how long) is the Pana warranty?

Secondly, does it mount to the wall with only specific Panasonic brackets (and any idea how much they are) or are generic ones ok?

Thanks...

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there, I'm contemplating this TV based on the good reviews on here and the good prices going around at the moment - can someone tell me if Panasonic offers an extended warranty in the box (There was a card in with my last Panasonic CRT TV where I had to send in with payment any time within the original warranty period) - if so how much (and for how long) is the Pana warranty?

Secondly, does it mount to the wall with only specific Panasonic brackets (and any idea how much they are) or are generic ones ok?

Thanks...

Panasonic provides the following extended warranties as per the card that came with the TV:

extra 2 years: $300

extra 4 years: $600

As for brackets, I've just gone though wall mounting my Tx-32lxd600a & Tx-26lxd600a. Ended up going with these (venturi):

http://www.canohm.com.au/pdfs/venturi_vmf70.pdf

Need to hack the brackets (chop the bottom off) however given the non-flat rear mounting surface of these tvs.

Edited by togaf

This model must be selling fast now that the price has dropped. I went to order mine on Saturday, expecting that it would be here next week, but I was told that Panasonic is out of stock and they aren't expected in until early Feb.

Hi everyone,

Due to rave reviews the TV got on the forum i decided to buy one. Managed to get one from Harvey Norman Preston for $1716. I tried earlier at Good Guys and JB Hifi Northland and they both only had display models left. Delivery is on Thursday - can hardly wait!

Due to rave reviews the TV got on the forum i decided to buy one. Managed to get one from Harvey Norman Preston for $1716

Hi all, if U can get a 32inch for the above price.... has anybody seen prices for its little brother, the 26inch version... (best price I have found is "The Electric Discounter" on the web for $1428 + delivery, $65.

I'd prefer to pay+pick-up.... Was seesawing between the Sammy or Panny, but, for the same reason quoted above by Drzed, the 26LX600A seems the better choice. ta,

looch

What is the best way of calibrating the LCD tv? Or does someone have some settings to share?
I can't vouch for the following, but I think I grabbed these from some earlier posts in this thread:
Right, for those interested, my settings are:

Viewing mode- Normal

Contrast- 100%

Brightness- 60%

Colour- 50%

Sharpness- 20%

Colour Balance- Normal

Colour Management- Off

P-NR- Off

Personally, I don't like picture processing, and, although P-NR may reduce grain in an image, it adds blurryness instead, which I can't stand

It has a great SD picture, great HD picture, great blacks for an LCD, superb inbuilt sound, nice vibrant realistic colours, good viewing angle. If only it could have done fast camera panning well it would be staying, but like i said no LCD ive seen does this as well as CRT.

These are the picture settings i settled on.

SDTV viewing

auto mode

contrast= 100% (approx %)

brightness= 65-70%

colour= 60-65%

sharpness= 0 (things look sharper on higher settings but it adds grain, although on some high bitrate stuff 30-40% should be fine)

tint = normal

PNR = off

colour management= off

HDTV or HD Gaming, for some reason the above setting on HD via component look to dull so i use these settings.

normal mode

contrast 100

brightness 65-70%

colour 60-65%

sharpness 30-40%

tint normal

PNR = off

colour management= off

Hi everyone,

Due to rave reviews the TV got on the forum i decided to buy one. Managed to get one from Harvey Norman Preston for $1716. I tried earlier at Good Guys and JB Hifi Northland and they both only had display models left. Delivery is on Thursday - can hardly wait!

I went to the Good Guys Osborne Park in Perth and they had quite a few.

The sales guy ' Jay ' quoted me $1849 and said he would do better when I actually came to buy.

The 5 year warranty was just over $300 but he said it was an unlimited claims warranty which a lot of other warrantys are not.

He then went onto say the only 32 incd lcd that was probably better than the pana was the philips 32pf9631d because that had natural motion , ambiant lights and was software upgradable thru usb.

Anyone heard of philips lcd .... I dont know much about them?

On my set the volume for SBS and ABC2 is noticably louder than for the other stations. Trouble is, if I turn the volume down when listening to those channels, it also lowers the volume when I change over to the other channels so I'm constantly adjusting up and down. Is there some way of "balancing" the sound so all the stations are at a comparable volume?

On my set the volume for SBS and ABC2 is noticably louder than for the other stations. Trouble is, if I turn the volume down when listening to those channels, it also lowers the volume when I change over to the other channels so I'm constantly adjusting up and down. Is there some way of "balancing" the sound so all the stations are at a comparable volume?

Yep; set the default audio for all channels to MPEG instead of Dolby Digital.

Whilst on holidays I saw the 32" at DS Power House Erina last week. Their January promotion price is $1899, although they had attached a "Hot Price" card on the tv with a managers special marked down to $1649 :blink:

That was on Wednesday, and I was interested to say the least! My main concern was getting the TV back to Sydney along with all the luggage and the kids assorted skim / surf boards etc, etc.

By Saturday, they were busy selling them at the $1899 - perhaps the mid-week price drop helps to massage the business through the quieter week days?

Having returned to Sydney - minus a new LC36D TV, Dick Smith PH Brookvale, were more that happy to meet Erina's mid-week price, along with JB HiFi Chatswood (although they would have to get one transferred from another store).

I am sure all of you agree that market research is paramount - I visited JB's (2 stores), Bing Lee (2 stores), DS (3 stores), Myer (3 stores), and was ultimately impressed by the service at DJ's Brookvale, who were happy to meet the price. Having purchased most appliances from DJ's in the past, I ended up buying from them. $1649 + $199 four year extension to warranty. Five years peace of mind along with a beautiful TV.

As the salesman said - "the Panasonic is the current cream of the crop." I must agree.

I might add that my other television is a Sony KV-HR36, and it was my intention to purchase another Sony - but as they say, 'blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape!'

Best price I've found was at Harvey Norman $1530 for teh 26", but there's no stock. He was willing to let me take the floorstock model temporarily until the new shipment came in after which we would then swap me one for a new one...!

Best price I've found was at Harvey Norman $1530 for teh 26", but there's no stock. He was willing to let me take the floorstock model temporarily until the new shipment came in after which we would then swap me one for a new one...!

I'd make sure I had that in writing before committing to the purchase!

hi Steffche.... no, no, haggle... I bought 1 yesterday (Sunday) for $1480 from LOCAL (Adelaide) electrical retailer - no large superstore/retail chain. :blink:

1st off, went to Myers, 10% off sale, straight off the bat... yes sir, I can do that model (TX26LXD600A) for $1500, but, no stock, have to wait 2 weeks - no way. (David Jones was 4 weeks).

Went to RadioRentals, 12.5% off, ($1487) just for today sir, we have only the floor model which U can take, or we can order 1 for U - 2 to 3 days - sale closes @ 4:00 today.... no way.

Went 2ks (if that) down the road... (local retailer) - yes sir, we will beat any price... $1480 is our best price & yes, we have 4 in stock... Great - out comes the plastic... rest is history... (50 bucks is 50 bucks).

My original quote from HN was $1650 1week ago, go figure... & no stock.

Great unit highly recommend for 2nd TV, bedroom, patio etc, the sound & PQ is very good compared to the 26" Sammy (my second choice).

PS: there is a subtle message in the above statement :D

I was happy with $1550 from JB the other day.!

And I was happy with $1480 on Sunday....!!!!! Bugger. :blink:

BTW, the place I purchase from said I had 21 days to return unit if JUST 1 DEAD pixel is found... how good is that, or is that normal... maybe that is worth the extra $60 I paid.... (as if) :D

looch

orderd one today from david jones at karrinyup $2099 inc 5 year warranty

next cheapest was Good Guys Os Park $2000 inc 3 year warranty

delivered tmw hopefully

Anyone know where the best place to buy a TX-32LXD600A in Adelaide is?

I'm happy to do the rounds of the usual suspects to get the best price, but I'd like to know where I should be looking and what the current best price is.

After having had the 26" model for a couple of weeks now, I thought I'd write to say how dissapointed I am in the PQ. I also own a 42" HD Viera plasma, and I can't understand what the debate has been about between whats better "Plasma VS LCD". To me the Plasma wins the PQ hands down.....

I can't stand the 'milky white' blacks that I'm getting and the washed out colors. Now, before anyone jumps down my throat with a comment like "you need to get it calibrated..." forget it. I am well adversed with the Video Essentials DVD and how to properly calibrate a TV....and it still looks below par compared to Plasma technology! I have tried the "Normal" picture setting, "Auto", "Cinema", color temp of Normal, Warm....etc etc..and at the end of day, they're all slight variations of 'dull, lifeless milky white black crap!

TV's in the bedroom, and although a dissapointment in the PQ area, it has improved another aspect of married life....where we once used to watch a perfect picture in a crappy little TEAC CRT TV, we now turn the TV off and do what bedrooms were initially desinged for....

Oh, there is a positive......the SOUND IS AWESOME! (I mean the TV, not my wife!)

My mate who bought the recent 50" Viera for $4,000 also bought the 26" Pansonic Viera LCD with built-in HD Tuner like me, and he is of the same opinion...Plasma all the way. Infact he no longer even goes to bed. In order to avoid the dissappointment he now sleeps on the couch in front of his PLASMA!!!!

Sorry to burst the bubble of anyone contemplating an LCD purchase, but...I gotta be honest here..

After having had the 26" model for a couple of weeks now, I thought I'd write to say how dissapointed I am in the PQ.

I'm not surprised, only the 32" 600A is using the renowned IPS ALPHA panel. The 26" is using some rubbish Chinese or Korean made panel, it's nowhere as good as the real thing.

I'm not surprised, only the 32" 600A is using the renowned IPS ALPHA panel. The 26" is using some rubbish Chinese or Korean made panel, it's nowhere as good as the real thing.

Yep gotta agree with webmal. IPS Alpha is only on the 32 inch made in Japan.

Should have done your research champ.

The 32" 600A is a far nicer panel then the 26". I've got a 32" in my bedroom at home and a 26" in my oldest daughters bedroom at our beach house and there is no comparison in the PQ between the two. The 32" is clearly a superior panel by a large margin. I have a 50px600a plasma in the family room and its PQ is superior to the 32" and far better then the 26".

The 32" is clearly a superior panel by a large margin. I have a 50px600a plasma in the family room and its PQ is superior to the 32" and far better then the 26".

I agree, too bad they don't sell plasma in 32" size.

hi everybody im new to these forums so gday and im in tassie and ive got a quick question that may be stupid so if it is im sorry.ok if i buy the 32inch version of this lcd and hook up a ps3 via hdmi what res is it going to be in because this isnt 1080p compatible will it downscale to 1080i res or 720p and is there a massive difference between 1080p and 1080i on a 32inch screen

Are you suggesting that the 26" isn't an IPS panel?

Nope but it isn't a latest Generation Alpha IPS panel which solved the problems of the first generation IPS panels and provides far better PQ.

The 26" uses a earlier generation standard IPS panel.

I'm checking this with Panasonic...awaiting a return call to confirm this....

I'm going to extremely disappointed if its true. I saw the 32" on display and was impressed with the pq, and then bought the 26" because I have a TV cabinet in the bedroom that doesn't fit the 32" version. Natrually I assumed the two panels are the same (apart from the obvious size difference)...

hi everybody im new to these forums so gday and im in tassie and ive got a quick question that may be stupid so if it is im sorry.ok if i buy the 32inch version of this lcd and hook up a ps3 via hdmi what res is it going to be in because this isnt 1080p compatible will it downscale to 1080i res or 720p and is there a massive difference between 1080p and 1080i on a 32inch screen

This TV will accept a 720p or a 1080i signal over HDMI. It will then scale it to its native resolution which is 1366 by 768. If it could accept a 1080p signal, I doubt you would notice much difference on a 32 inch screen.

I'm checking this with Panasonic...awaiting a return call to confirm this....

I'm going to extremely disappointed if its true. I saw the 32" on display and was impressed with the pq, and then bought the 26" because I have a TV cabinet in the bedroom that doesn't fit the 32" version. Natrually I assumed the two panels are the same (apart from the obvious size difference)...

I've just had another look at their product literature, and it does seem that only the 32" has the IPS Alpha panel. I was never really interested in the 26", but I must admit that I had also assumed that it would be using the same type of panel as the 32".