Sign in to follow this  
Altair

Panasonic Tx-32lxd600a

thanks for getting back to me Tex. I had a look at one of the screens today and it didn't seem quite as good as I expected, but I think that was probably more to do with the setup they had, more than anything else.

I found it a touch pixelated, compared to the Sony, which I know just smoothes it over and almost creates a haze over it. How it looks connected to a PC is pretty important to me as well. Not just how good it works as a TV so that's great to hear.

Cheers

MediaNut :)

Has anyone experienced any problems with this TV when first turned on, the bottom when all black has a kind of orange'ish blotch on the left and right close to the middle side.

After about 30 minutes to an hour it starts to dissapear, then after turned off for a long time repeats itself.

I have experienced this in the last couple of weeks when turning on the TV. It may because the the lamp is warming up from a cold start (particularly with the cold weather lately). But as you said it does go away in time.

Also, has anyone experienced how sensitive Panasonic's HDMI ports are? Had to replace one of HDMI ports (well actually the whole board) on the TV and just recently a HDMI port on my Panasonic dvd player have also died.

Thanks everyone for your input. It is sitting in my living room as I write and the picture is great - straight out of the box, but we did set it to Normal. Well, my son did being more electronics savvy than his mum! Even my husband who was not keen on getting a new TV has been sneaking down the hallway and taking a peek.

I will have to get used to having a second or so of black between channel changes, but I love the big remote buttons - great for oldies like me whose eyesight is not as good as it used to be, and the sound quality is excellent in our environment. But the "blur" of movement when watching DVDs looks a bit stange (my daughter says it looks like they are walking through a wall of water). Can anything be done about that, or is that just a "feature" of LCD TVs?

Cheers, PJay

All owners of the Panasonic TX-32LXD600A please take note.

There's something terribly wrong with this model!

On Southern Cross HD you consistently only get dual mono, not stereo. The problem also appears on ABC HD, WIN HD and PRIME HD, but it's not always consistant. It occurs on these three channels on about the fifth time you enter. Go out then back in and it reverts to stereo.

I've been in continual contact with Panasonic and they are aware of the problem but are very slow in coming up with a solution. It took me ages to get a confirmation of the problem.

Has anyone else noticed?

Talbit. :angry:

On Southern Cross HD you consistently only get dual mono, not stereo. The problem also appears on ABC HD, WIN HD and PRIME HD, but it's not always consistent. It occurs on these three channels on about the fifth time you enter. Go out then back in and it reverts to stereo.

I've been in continual contact with Panasonic and they are aware of the problem but are very slow in coming up with a solution. It took me ages to get a confirmation of the problem.

Has anyone else noticed? :angry:

On Southern Cross HD you consistently only get dual mono, not stereo. The problem also appears on ABC HD, WIN HD and PRIME HD, but it's not always consistent. It occurs on these three channels on about the fifth time you enter. Go out then back in and it reverts to stereo.

Has anyone else noticed? :angry:

This problem has now been fixed by Panasonic

Talbit

Media centre will work well, I am running 1368x768, perfectly pixel mapped (I lose left & right 1 pixel columns but who cares) at 75hz refresh. Image looks brilliant, crystal clear as there is no scaling being done by the panel. This does require quite a bit of time fiddling with many parameters etc but it CAN be done.

Connected by VGA I assume? Using HDMI, my allegedly native 1368x768 panel is reporting back to the video card (Geforce 7600 GS) that its resolution is actually 1280x720. Worse, the panel is applying 5% overscan, so a 720p source needs to be reduced down to 1216x684 to display properly. Hardly 1:1.

Did you ever get an answer to your question about killing the overscan by diving into the service menu? Also, anyone aware of any firmware upgrades that might achieve something?

Hi List,

dont think this topic gets much traffic any more, as the model has been superceded, but i'm posing questions wherever i can!

alas, we had a little accident recently resulting in an errent foot into panel, resulting in a dirty great shattering of the lcd.

DSC00264.JPG

*sigh*. 2 mins of googling concluded it was going to be pretty expensive to the point of not worthwhile to get it repaired by the manufacturer.

anyway,after replacing the whole tv ( upgraded to a 1080p panel, samsung 40", fantastic! ), i'm now going about searching for replacement panels, but dont seem to find anything viable.

i'd happily spend a couple hundred and replace the panel myself, if only i could find somewhere that would sell me one!

if anyone knows of any place ( locally, internationally, wherever ) that would sell me a reasonably priced replacement panel, i'd love to hear about it,

thanks in advance,

J

Hi List,

dont think this topic gets much traffic any more, as the model has been superceded, but i'm posing questions wherever i can!

alas, we had a little accident recently resulting in an errent foot into panel, resulting in a dirty great shattering of the lcd.

avert your gaze if you like this tv: http://www.redata.com.au/DSC00264.JPG

*sigh*. 2 mins of googling concluded it was going to be pretty expensive to the point of not worthwhile to get it repaired by the manufacturer.

anyway,after replacing the whole tv ( upgraded to a 1080p panel, samsung 40", fantastic! ), i'm now going about searching for replacement panels, but dont seem to find anything viable.

i'd happily spend a couple hundred and replace the panel myself, if only i could find somewhere that would sell me one!

if anyone knows of any place ( locally, internationally, wherever ) that would sell me a reasonably priced replacement panel, i'd love to hear about it,

thanks in advance,

J