Panasonic Tx-32lxd600a

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks vgozzy and dclayw for your answers, they have cleared some things up.

That is a tight fit, I'm feeling better about putting it in my cabinet now.

It does sound like my room, except no pool for me :blink:

Now all I have to do is get my local store to sell it to me for $1800.

Yeah, it is a tight fit but I think it will be OK. Also being this tight and having things very slightly off-square (the cabinet I mean), it is an even tighter fit, about a mm or 2 either side. I think it will be OK though.

Well, everyone knew there would be cheaper prices after xmas and all the manufactures are rolling out several models a year now, so none of this is unexpected. I thought I was doing pretty well at $1930 pre-xmas, but oh well, I guess I knew what was coming. But yeah, I'm jealous too. Mate, at $1600 you got yourself a real bargain. Looks like the lower prices have really sparked interest in the TV too, finally getting some action on this thread, keep it up. Let us all know what you think of the TV, how you have it set up and any interresting bits you may have uncovered.

I think all the latest TVs, LCD/plasma or whatever are way overpriced, but for the price the 32" 600a is selling for now, it is a real bargain compared to anything else around, and I'm not just talking about the price, it is a very high quality product.

it arrived this afternoon and very easy to install. Love the no hassel self tunning :blink: but just have to work out the chanels I want to block now.

The Sharpness is brilliant which help as we sit 3Meters back, but I'm still playing with the settings as its just that little bit bright.

Sound is Great even the wife mentioned it just have to get a couple of cables and it'll be perfect with the Yamaha Hifi

Over all I'm very happy with it....

Can't wait to see how the cricket look tomorrow :D

Where's the skip channel function?

Channel scan (DVB) yields unwanted channels that I don't wish to keep cycling through during sequential channel changes. Can channels at least be individually removed if no skip available?

Sam.

Its in the back onf the Manual...Havent done it myself yet..somehting like 30 Channels..I have writen them all down (30 Odd :blink: ) but wont to work out which one's to keep.

As we every one was discussing earlier about transporting thier New LCD/Plasma home, While I was working on the rear end of the Mini this afternoon I saw the scariest thing. A Ford Falcon with a trailor and thier new Pana roped to the back of the trailor. Although our road is smoth I hope they took a bit more care on other roads :D

Hi there, I'm contemplating this TV based on the good reviews on here and the good prices going around at the moment - can someone tell me if Panasonic offers an extended warranty in the box (There was a card in with my last Panasonic CRT TV where I had to send in with payment any time within the original warranty period) - if so how much (and for how long) is the Pana warranty?

Secondly, does it mount to the wall with only specific Panasonic brackets (and any idea how much they are) or are generic ones ok?

Thanks...

Hi there, I'm contemplating this TV based on the good reviews on here and the good prices going around at the moment - can someone tell me if Panasonic offers an extended warranty in the box (There was a card in with my last Panasonic CRT TV where I had to send in with payment any time within the original warranty period) - if so how much (and for how long) is the Pana warranty?

Secondly, does it mount to the wall with only specific Panasonic brackets (and any idea how much they are) or are generic ones ok?

Thanks...

Panasonic provides the following extended warranties as per the card that came with the TV:

extra 2 years: $300

extra 4 years: $600

As for brackets, I've just gone though wall mounting my Tx-32lxd600a & Tx-26lxd600a. Ended up going with these (venturi):

http://www.canohm.com.au/pdfs/venturi_vmf70.pdf

Need to hack the brackets (chop the bottom off) however given the non-flat rear mounting surface of these tvs.

Edited by togaf

This model must be selling fast now that the price has dropped. I went to order mine on Saturday, expecting that it would be here next week, but I was told that Panasonic is out of stock and they aren't expected in until early Feb.

Hi everyone,

Due to rave reviews the TV got on the forum i decided to buy one. Managed to get one from Harvey Norman Preston for $1716. I tried earlier at Good Guys and JB Hifi Northland and they both only had display models left. Delivery is on Thursday - can hardly wait!

Due to rave reviews the TV got on the forum i decided to buy one. Managed to get one from Harvey Norman Preston for $1716

Hi all, if U can get a 32inch for the above price.... has anybody seen prices for its little brother, the 26inch version... (best price I have found is "The Electric Discounter" on the web for $1428 + delivery, $65.

I'd prefer to pay+pick-up.... Was seesawing between the Sammy or Panny, but, for the same reason quoted above by Drzed, the 26LX600A seems the better choice. ta,

looch

What is the best way of calibrating the LCD tv? Or does someone have some settings to share?
I can't vouch for the following, but I think I grabbed these from some earlier posts in this thread:
Right, for those interested, my settings are:

Viewing mode- Normal

Contrast- 100%

Brightness- 60%

Colour- 50%

Sharpness- 20%

Colour Balance- Normal

Colour Management- Off

P-NR- Off

Personally, I don't like picture processing, and, although P-NR may reduce grain in an image, it adds blurryness instead, which I can't stand

It has a great SD picture, great HD picture, great blacks for an LCD, superb inbuilt sound, nice vibrant realistic colours, good viewing angle. If only it could have done fast camera panning well it would be staying, but like i said no LCD ive seen does this as well as CRT.

These are the picture settings i settled on.

SDTV viewing

auto mode

contrast= 100% (approx %)

brightness= 65-70%

colour= 60-65%

sharpness= 0 (things look sharper on higher settings but it adds grain, although on some high bitrate stuff 30-40% should be fine)

tint = normal

PNR = off

colour management= off

HDTV or HD Gaming, for some reason the above setting on HD via component look to dull so i use these settings.

normal mode

contrast 100

brightness 65-70%

colour 60-65%

sharpness 30-40%

tint normal

PNR = off

colour management= off

Hi everyone,

Due to rave reviews the TV got on the forum i decided to buy one. Managed to get one from Harvey Norman Preston for $1716. I tried earlier at Good Guys and JB Hifi Northland and they both only had display models left. Delivery is on Thursday - can hardly wait!

I went to the Good Guys Osborne Park in Perth and they had quite a few.

The sales guy ' Jay ' quoted me $1849 and said he would do better when I actually came to buy.

The 5 year warranty was just over $300 but he said it was an unlimited claims warranty which a lot of other warrantys are not.

He then went onto say the only 32 incd lcd that was probably better than the pana was the philips 32pf9631d because that had natural motion , ambiant lights and was software upgradable thru usb.

Anyone heard of philips lcd .... I dont know much about them?

On my set the volume for SBS and ABC2 is noticably louder than for the other stations. Trouble is, if I turn the volume down when listening to those channels, it also lowers the volume when I change over to the other channels so I'm constantly adjusting up and down. Is there some way of "balancing" the sound so all the stations are at a comparable volume?

On my set the volume for SBS and ABC2 is noticably louder than for the other stations. Trouble is, if I turn the volume down when listening to those channels, it also lowers the volume when I change over to the other channels so I'm constantly adjusting up and down. Is there some way of "balancing" the sound so all the stations are at a comparable volume?

Yep; set the default audio for all channels to MPEG instead of Dolby Digital.

Guest canonpurchiser

Whilst on holidays I saw the 32" at DS Power House Erina last week. Their January promotion price is $1899, although they had attached a "Hot Price" card on the tv with a managers special marked down to $1649 :blink:

That was on Wednesday, and I was interested to say the least! My main concern was getting the TV back to Sydney along with all the luggage and the kids assorted skim / surf boards etc, etc.

By Saturday, they were busy selling them at the $1899 - perhaps the mid-week price drop helps to massage the business through the quieter week days?

Having returned to Sydney - minus a new LC36D TV, Dick Smith PH Brookvale, were more that happy to meet Erina's mid-week price, along with JB HiFi Chatswood (although they would have to get one transferred from another store).

I am sure all of you agree that market research is paramount - I visited JB's (2 stores), Bing Lee (2 stores), DS (3 stores), Myer (3 stores), and was ultimately impressed by the service at DJ's Brookvale, who were happy to meet the price. Having purchased most appliances from DJ's in the past, I ended up buying from them. $1649 + $199 four year extension to warranty. Five years peace of mind along with a beautiful TV.

As the salesman said - "the Panasonic is the current cream of the crop." I must agree.

I might add that my other television is a Sony KV-HR36, and it was my intention to purchase another Sony - but as they say, 'blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape!'