Panasonic Tx-32lxd600a

Hi All,

After much research and procrastination, I'm going to try and buy this TV on Saturday. I'm hoping I can get it for $1800 plus the cost of the extended warranty. I just have a few questions for people who have the set.

1. Are the picture settings/viewing modes saved per input, or are they shared among all inputs. I've read the manual and it seems that they are per input. Also do you set the basic picture mode (Dynamic/Normal/Cinema) as well as the contrast, brightness etc. On other TVs I've seen the Picture mode had preset brightness. contrast etc and there was only one or 2 options for setting a favourite setting.

2. I just wanted to double check the width. I've seen this tv heaps, but I have never measured the width. The manual says 857mm which I assume to be correct, but I need to be sure. The cabinet that it will be going in is only 900mm wide.

3. The store that I want to buy it from only has one in stock, which is on display. For some reason I don't want the one that has been on display. Is it reasonable for me to ask them to order one in?

4. How does the tv perform in less bright rooms? During the day the room where I have the tv will be very bright, but at night time it is reasonably dark. (We have lights on, but it probably isn't quite light enough to comfortably read in)

5. Maybe slightly off topic, but if I hook a dvd player (which I still need to buy) up with hdmi to the tv and also connect the digital audio out of dvd player to the amp, will there be a setting to stop the audio going thru hdmi and thru the digital audio out instead?

Sorry if I have asked some dumb questions.

Thanks,

Daryl.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK - will try and answer some of those:

1. per input. And you can then also adjust brightness, contrast etc.

2. not sure - can measure when I get home if you like

3. you can ask for anything you like :blink: Nothing wrong with asking them to order one in - but then you won't be able to take it home with you on the day. On the flip side - you may get a nice discount if you take the display unit.

4. Performs great in less bright rooms. My wife and I have it in our bedroom - and it performs great in daylight and with lights off and curtains shut.

5. Good question - not sure as I dont use HDMI. I assume so but I could be wrong - but even if not, there's always the mute option anyway, so you can mute sound on the TV and have it only come out through the amp. And it is possible there may be a setting on the DVD player which will allow you to control sound output as well.

Hope that helps. This is a great TV - we got ours about a month ago and are loving it!

In addition to vgozzy 's comments.

The width of the TV is pretty much spot on at 857mm. I have mine in a cabinet which is 865mm wide, :blink: so it's a bit of a tight fit, but you'll have no prblem at 900mm. The manual says you should allow 10cm breathing space on the sides and top of the TV but the TV does not appear to get too hot at all. The actual screen gets a little warm but there's not much heat coming out of the vents at the rear of the TV.

The conditions in the room you are going to set up in sounds like mine, very bright during the day ((big windows and sliding glass doors facing onto a pool area). I have a light off to the side of the TV, not really light enough to read by either. I find that the TV performs well in all conditions. I find that the TV is very bright when there is a scene that is almost white, like some TV commercial backgrounds. There is no backlight setting on the TV, although I think some people (not on this forum) have got into the service menu and changed the backlight setting. This is only a minor thing I'm raising here.

Yeah, not sure about your #5 either. But I expect that if you mute the TV that will solve the problem.

Bought one for $1880 + extra warranty on the 3yr interest free terms. Stunning picture, but still room for improvement with the usual LCDs issues. Still, DVDs, the cricket, and HD FTA look great, and widescreen display is wonderful. And like many others have already commented, we love the sound this thing punches out.

Question: what signal does the 600A's 'monitor out' connections deliver?

The 'advanced connections' page in the manual illustrates connecting a DVD/VCR Recorder by having a two way connection between the VCR unit and the TV. That is, VCR video and audio L/R AV out to the Pana's AV1 input and the Pana's video and audio L/R 'monitor out' to the VCR's 'line in' AV connections. And this is on top of the component and audio L/R into AV3 connections for the DVD player. I need a HDMI connection!

I suspect that the 'monitor out' connection displays the aerial feed only and is used when the aerial connection is made direct from aerial to the TV and not routed through the VCR in the first instance. Am I correct?

been following this thread with interest, certainly looks like a great tv and good value for less then $2k.

i saw this on engadet's website today - panasonic's new 2007 lineup for US:

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/10/panason...ineup-unveiled/

TC-32LX700 appears to be the new model and its in beautiful black :blink:

Talk about getting the same television and wrapping it up with different paper.

I expected something better from Panasonic.

I don't even think the Australian model will be all black. That's the U.S version. see link for the U.S 600 model. That's all black too.

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/store...000000000005702

I don't even think the Australian model will be all black. That's the U.S version. see link for the U.S 600 model. That's all black too.

Hmmm, excellent point. And just when I'd nearly decided to pull the pin on my 50PX600A purchase because of the new black version......yet the U.S. 50PX600U had the silver! :blink: Bloody hell, what to do......I really would prefer all black......

Hi Im a new user.. just thought I'd say thanks for all the info on this thread including the dicksmith price tip off.. managed to get this tv for only $1750 a week ago. The tv is all that you guys said it was and more... This is the only lcd that I wasnt able to find any negative feedback on. My only disappointment has been the sd recording, but hey atleast its got it. Awesome tv.

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/store...000000000005702

Yeah from looking at the specs I couldn't see much difference. Would love to get the all black version but the silver one looks slick anyways.

So tempted to get this tv but waiting my new place to get ready first.

Hi Im a new user.. just thought I'd say thanks for all the info on this thread including the dicksmith price tip off.. managed to get this tv for only $1750 a week ago. The tv is all that you guys said it was and more... This is the only lcd that I wasnt able to find any negative feedback on. My only disappointment has been the sd recording, but hey atleast its got it. Awesome tv.

Yeah, I'm loving it too. I have been tweaking the settings and its looking better and better - high definition TV is incredible (SBS news on HD especially).

I haven't tried the SD card recording yet, but what interests me is the ability to record onto the card and then slot it into my PDA to watch on the train, rather than play back on the TV (which gives a smaller picture as i understand it).

I didn't even know about the SD recording until after I had purchased the TV. It's OK, but not that good - even on extra fine settings (or whatever the highest setting is) the video quality is pretty crappy. Had to read the forums to find out how to record in full-size mode (it defaults to recording in a frame a fraction the size of the screen), but the quality was crappy either way. Not too concerened though as it was a bonus to begin with! I put the SD card back into my digital camera instead. :blink:

Thanks vgozzy and dclayw for your answers, they have cleared some things up.

The width of the TV is pretty much spot on at 857mm. I have mine in a cabinet which is 865mm wide, :D so it's a bit of a tight fit, but you'll have no prblem at 900mm.

That is a tight fit, I'm feeling better about putting it in my cabinet now.

The conditions in the room you are going to set up in sounds like mine, very bright during the day ((big windows and sliding glass doors facing onto a pool area).

It does sound like my room, except no pool for me :blink:

Now all I have to do is get my local store to sell it to me for $1800.

Just got back from doing a few things around the place aswell having a look at the LCD

I Poped into JB Hi Fi Parramatta...$2040 with 5 Years Warrenty

Then into DS Powere House....$1649 +$150 (5 Years Warrnty)= $1800

This is a ticket price Managers Special but I asked about that and they said all DS Power house..not sure if this is just NSW but?

Purchased..Charged my $60 for delivery..But Hay...now just waint for it to arrive as thier was no way it was going to fit on the back seat

Purchased..Charged my $60 for delivery..But Hay...now just waint for it to arrive as thier was no way it was going to fit on the back seat

Well done Gafmo,

$1860 including extended warranty and delivery is an insanely cheap price for this tv. I've just spoken to my local Retravision and they will sell it to me for $1800 plus the cost of the extended warranty. I'm just waiting on the details of the Retravision extended warranty before I order it in.

Man WA SUX!

Been speaking to all the local retailers in mandurah and the best price I can get is $1999 with the worst being $2499, that was even with trying to haggle with the DSE $1899 price but no one wants to go near it. I also spoke to Dick Smith, but we only have the franchise stores over here and don't get the Powerhouse ones :blink:

You guys are lucky getting it over east for $1800 with extended warranty!

Anyone in WA purchased one of these yet, how much did you get it for and where from?

Man WA SUX!

Been speaking to all the local retailers in mandurah and the best price I can get is $1999 with the worst being $2499, that was even with trying to haggle with the DSE $1899 price but no one wants to go near it. I also spoke to Dick Smith, but we only have the franchise stores over here and don't get the Powerhouse ones :blink:

You guys are lucky getting it over east for $1800 with extended warranty!

Anyone in WA purchased one of these yet, how much did you get it for and where from?

I think Dick Smith will ship Australia wide for $20. The price I was quoted was $1800 without extended warranty, I think the extended warranty adds another $240, so I will be up for $2040 all up.

some time we are lucky some times we arn't...Another Panasonic (Plasma) I was looking at WA were getting better prices than we were.

Just had a call from the delivery company..Tuesday alrite...Nope I work 9 to 5 and travel 1:30 hours to and from..make it this weekend Please..they are going to call me back

I think Dick Smith will ship Australia wide for $20. The price I was quoted was $1800 without extended warranty, I think the extended warranty adds another $240, so I will be up for $2040 all up.

I have a friend of a friend who is looking into it for me. If that doesn't work out I will order from DSE.

Does anyone know how the warranty is handled from DSE online, would the unit need to be returned to them if it's faulty? Also does the $20 Aus wide delivery include insurance?

What's the base warranty on these, is it 3 years? Just had a look on the Panasonic site but couldn't find it.

I will also be wall mounting this unit when I get one, is the Panasonic bracket a worthwhile investment or would I be better off getting a universal one off ebay? Can anyone provide links to some reccomended Ebay ones?

Just got back from doing a few things around the place aswell having a look at the LCD

I Poped into JB Hi Fi Parramatta...$2040 with 5 Years Warrenty

Then into DS Powere House....$1649 +$150 (5 Years Warrnty)= $1800

This is a ticket price Managers Special but I asked about that and they said all DS Power house..not sure if this is just NSW but?

Did the rounds for the Panasonic too. JB offered me it for $1880..and I was very tempted. Went to ..DSE and saw the special but they only had the one on display left. Went back to JB across the road and the salesman nearly choked. (muttering "below cost" as he walked off to see the manager). Not expecting a decent pricematch he came back with a price of $1600. :D Couldn't get my credit card out quick enough.

Very happy ...beautiful picture. :blink:

Does anyone know how the warranty is handled from DSE online, would the unit need to be returned to them if it's faulty?

I think the extended warranty sold by DSE is via a third party, so they will generally get a service agent in your local area to fix it for you if you have problems.

What's the base warranty on these, is it 3 years? Just had a look on the Panasonic site but couldn't find it.

The manufacturer's warranty is only 1 year.

Not expecting a decent pricematch he came back with a price of $1600. :D Couldn't get my credit card out quick enough.

Stop it, you're making me cry. :blink: I thought I did well with $1800.

$1600 thatr has to be the record so fare

Look like you can Neg on the delivery day also...After saying they could only deliver on Tuesday now it tomorrow Saturday :blink: