Panasonic Tx-32lxd600a

HUGE PRICE REDUCTION :blink:

Dick Smith (DSE) is selling the TX-32LXD600A for $1900, nationwide delivery is only $20. I'm sure they'll do it for $1800 if you haggled in person.

Thanks webmal, these prices are more realistic. Last week I had noticed that Panasonic had dropped its RRP from $2999 to $2699 and now the RRP is only $2199. The latest Retravision catalogue has them at $2299 and the latest Good Guys catalogue has them at $2498.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The latest Retravision catalogue has them at $2299 and the latest Good Guys catalogue has them at $2498.

I was just in at my local Good Guys, they had the screen there with a $2400-ish price tag and a 'beat that, <someone's name>!'. I laughed and moved on.

On that, do Good Guys match prices? The staff are always too busy to talk to me there, but I'd be happy to buy there if they gave me the time of day.

Well, I just bought one of these from Bing Lee Pitt Street Mall Sydney - $1750! Was marked at $1799 and they wouldn't budge lower than what I got it for (until tomorrow I guess). It was cheaper than the Samsung 81cm with the HD tuner by $100!

I'm more than happy with that deal, as it's $350 cheaper than they quoted a week ago!

smith

I was just in at my local Good Guys, they had the screen there with a $2400-ish price tag and a 'beat that, <someone's name>!'. I laughed and moved on.

On that, do Good Guys match prices? The staff are always too busy to talk to me there, but I'd be happy to buy there if they gave me the time of day.

I've had the same experience with the Good Guys, have never been able to get a bargain out of them. I guess it depends on which branch you go into but my local Good Guys don't seem to want to negotiate much at all.

Well, I just bought one of these from Bing Lee Pitt Street Mall Sydney - $1750! Was marked at $1799 and they wouldn't budge lower than what I got it for (until tomorrow I guess). It was cheaper than the Samsung 81cm with the HD tuner by $100!

I'm more than happy with that deal, as it's $350 cheaper than they quoted a week ago!

smith

That's a good deal you got on the 600a. I'm surprised they would sell it to you cheaper then the Samsung (I assume you're talking about the Sammy LA32R71BDX), as I think the Panny is a better all round TV. Just before xmas I could get the Samsung for $1750, but couldn't get the Panny below $2200 anywhere. No doubt in a month or two you'll be able to pick up the 600a for $1300-$1400, a more realistic price for a 32" LCD TV IMO. Prices seem to be moving so fast as newer models get rolled out every few months. When I first started looking around for a TV a month or so back I was considering the 32" Aiko from BigW as it seemed such a good deal for $998 (no HD tuner). They are now selling that TV for $798 ! and they are going out the door by the truckload. I know several people who have bought the Aiko and are very happy with it, particulalry for $798. Makes you wonder, doesn't it, then again it only has 1 year warranty.

PanaSung, No I don't have foxtel, pay TV is not my thing. Main use for the TV is free to air broadcasts, which is mostly standard definition. We watch and record a fair bit of FTA through a Topfield PVR. One of the main reasons I went for this TV over the competition was it's performance with standard definition. Others on this forum will be able to comment on SD performance with foxtel. Also, have a look at the Panasonic TX32LXD600 on the AVforums in the UK. There is some discussion there about SD sky TV with this TV.

Also, I have never owned a DVD player, strange I know, but we don't watch a lot of DVDs and anything we do watch is through the xbox. Having said that, I am looking at getting a DVD player (not recorder) soon as the xbox has died. By the way, can anyone recommend a decent DVD player that would be suitable for use with this TV, something in the order of $100-$300.

And I know what you mean by Panasonic fan, My old Panny CRT is about 15 years old and still going strong, never missed a beat. That's not the reason I bought another Panny, but I think they have a bit of a name in the reliability stakes.

And I know what you mean by Panasonic fan, My old Panny CRT is about 15 years old and still going strong, never missed a beat. That's not the reason I bought another Panny, but I think they have a bit of a name in the reliability stakes.

It was my understanding that Panasonic have been up the top for the best part of 20yrs.....quite an achievement.

FYI, you could get a entry level Panasonic DVD recorder/player for approx $300.

Good luck :blink:

My TX-32LXD600A is being delivered this afternoon, but i don't expect to be setting it up until the weekend. I have an Optus cable STB and an oldish Pioneer DVD player - am i likely to need any new cables/adapters?

Can any owners tell me what cables, if any come with it please?

smithcorp, doesn't come with any cables (at least mine didn't). Just the TV, the remote and a manual, and you should see the size of the box it comes in. I have mine hooked up to a Topfield PVR via scart/component cable and xbox1 via svideo. Xbox looks very good on this TV, even via svideo. The TV only has one component but 2 HDMI allows a bit of future proofing. I intend getting a DVD with HDMI and I have also heard that the xbox 360 can now take HDMI.

smithcorp, doesn't come with any cables (at least mine didn't). Just the TV, the remote and a manual, and you should see the size of the box it comes in. I have mine hooked up to a Topfield PVR via scart/component cable and xbox1 via svideo. Xbox looks very good on this TV, even via svideo. The TV only has one component but 2 HDMI allows a bit of future proofing. I intend getting a DVD with HDMI and I have also heard that the xbox 360 can now take HDMI.

Thanks dclayw. I'm planning to update my DVD player to a recorder with a hard drive and HDMI connection in the future.

Guest spoleweski

Hi everyone, I was looking at this TV at Harvey Norman tonight and the picture quality was no doubt out standing but I am really looking for a 94cm instead and found the 37WLT66A Toshiba LCD with inbuilt HD tuner. But I am not so sure anymore because the Panasonic looks so good (if only it came in 94cm), however i cant find much information on the Toshiba model to know whether it is any good or not. Can anyone give me a review or good/bad specs about the particular Toshiba model?

Thanks in advance,

Stephen

spoleweski, did you google the Toshiba model? On the UK AVforums there is a 272 page thread on the WLT66 models, I think the A on the end is just the model for Australia. I think it's the same TV, might just have some different connections like more scart sockets for European market. Have a look at it here

And there is a review of the 32" version of the TV by cnet here, which I believe is the same TV, just the smaller version, (I might be wrong there, you'll need to check). There's bound to be loads more info around. Bottom line is that most people who come to these boards (like you and me) spend a fair bit of time researching before they buy so most people are generally happy with what they decide on. Having said that, you won't be disappointed if you decide on the Panasonic 600a. Yeah, I may have gone for a 37" too if Panasonic made one, but I'm very happy with the 32" 600a.

Guest spoleweski

Thanks for the reply and direction to that forum! Gosh after reading pages of their comments its really making me have second thoughts about the Toshiba model now and it seems the only model with the problems is the 37" which sucks. When I was in Harvey Norman today I thought it was perfect but after reading it made buzzing noises and split colours etc i'm not so sure. I want a good lcd, but i really don't want to have to go to 81cm which i think will be way too small for our lounge room.

OK, apologies for getting a liitlle off topic here.

Luckily I only wanted a 32" so after a bit of research it became a no-brainer for me to go with the 600a. I narrowed my search down to the Panasonic 600a, the Samsung LA32R71BDX and the Sony Bravia KDL32V2000. I liked the Samsung a little better then the Bravia. Both the Samsung and the Bravia come in 40" models so you might want to look at them. They are both nice TVs.

I also looked pretty closely at the Bravia 3LCDs, the smallest is 42". I did consider this TV for a while as bang for buck it's got to be pretty much the best going around. Outstanding PQ. What a lot of people steer away from is the old problem about bulb replacement (the bulbs are expensive), but IMHO bulb replacement is not really a reason not to buy the TV. The picture degrades when viewing from above but is pretty good when viewing from the sides. And the other isssue is that being rear projection, it's a thicker TV, can't be wall mounted etc. Anyway, check it out if you're looking for something a bit bigger then 32", it's an outstanding TV, but for the price very hard to beat (if you can live with those "perceived" negatives).

Does anyone know how to get into the service menu for this tv?

Have a look at the Panasonic TX32LXD600 thread on the UK AVforums and use the "Search this Thread" option to find the relevant posts. Some people seem to have done it succesfully, but I think there were some reports of people screwing things up as well. And from memory I think there was some incorrect information on this posted earlier in the thread. Not sure if this could some how affect your warranty either. What do want to do, change the backlight setting?

Have a look at the Panasonic TX32LXD600 thread on the UK AVforums and use the "Search this Thread" option to find the relevant posts. Some people seem to have done it succesfully, but I think there were some reports of people screwing things up as well. And from memory I think there was some incorrect information on this posted earlier in the thread. Not sure if this could some how affect your warranty either. What do want to do, change the backlight setting?

Pretty much spot on, wanna check out some of the backlight settings.

Already went through the thread. Page 23 had some instructions, didnt work.

Only seemed to have gotten the self test to work, reseting all the settings.

What a great television this is! After a visit from an Optus tech, the STB is working fine on AV1 now. However, the real eye-opener has been the inbuilt high definition tuner. With just a set of rabbit-ears indoor, the TV picks up all the digital channels fine, except for 9. The difference with the HD broadcasts is amazing!

Lovely TV and I'm glad i didn't get anything bigger for my lounge room. We spent the weekend being gobsmacked by how good DVDs look on this thing and it's easy to use.

smith

What a great television this is! After a visit from an Optus tech, the STB is working fine on AV1 now. However, the real eye-opener has been the inbuilt high definition tuner. With just a set of rabbit-ears indoor, the TV picks up all the digital channels fine, except for 9. The difference with the HD broadcasts is amazing!

Lovely TV and I'm glad i didn't get anything bigger for my lounge room. We spent the weekend being gobsmacked by how good DVDs look on this thing and it's easy to use.

smith

Yeah exactly how I felt when I got this tv smithcorp. I couldn't believe the picture either. I caught Letterman on channel 10 for the first time the other night and was stunned at the clarity. Definite reference material.

Yeah the rabbit ears work like a charm. My reception is strong on all channels. Flawless.

I'm also glad I got this size. Perfect for LCD's. Anything bigger starts to look crappy IMO.

Just sitting back and enjoying my TV (I mean my wife's TV, it was her xmas present :D ). Have finally got around to reprogramming my Harmony remote to handle the new TV. (And yes the Harmony remote is mine, not my wifes :blink: ). I'm now connecting all my equipment through the TV rather then my amp and have it set up so I can use the the TV speakers or my stereo speakers. So I am using the audio output on the TV to route sound to my stereo speakers, all controlled by the harmony ofcourse, e.g. an activity in the remote to Watch TV with TV speakers and another activity to Watch TV with stereo speakers, etc. I set it up this way as I want to make use of the TV speakers, not just because they are there, rather they are damn good speakers in the 600a and I actually prefer sound coming out of the TV when I'm watching normal TV. Ofcourse I also wanted the ability to have sound out of the stereo speakers for DVD, playing the xbox (and XBMC) etc.

BTW, does anyone have any feedback on my post#94,. I still haven't got around to trying digital audio out again, actually I don't have a long enough digital audio cable ATM.