Sign in to follow this  
1019sea

New Pana Plasmas Due October

so i wonder if 3000 is achievable for the 600A.... best i've seen is 3145 from digital centre!

I signed up for a 42" 600A from HN Enfield (SA) @ $3000+$300 to get the 5 yr warranty

I signed up for a 42" 600A from HN Enfield (SA) @ $3000+$300 to get the 5 yr warranty

Dick smith Highpoint: $2900.00 W/O warranty

Edited by belgofac

thats a great price!....

did they have any on display there? (600A)

Did you notice the price of the 50" 600A? as soon as this tips under 4k incl 5 year warranty then it's mine, suspect I might have to wait a month or two or this to happen though :blink:

did they have any on display there? (600A)

Not yet but they are aware that there is a price war going on with Digital entertainment pre-selling the new Pana's at $3150 in Melbourne. They will do anyting to get your business.

Edited by belgofac

Not yet but they are aware that there is a price war going on with Digital entertainment pre-selling the new Pana's at $3150 in Melbourne. They will do anyting to get your business.

COOL!!! i luv price wars!!!! :blink::D

I managed to see a 42 inch & 50inch PV600 on display today.

The PV600 looks a lot better style-wise than the PV60 - looks a respectable-looking panel. They were setup on the cabinet stands, however, so it would be interesting to see them on a pedestal stand.

Unfortunately the PQ was shocking - I don't know whether it was the setup or the inbuilt tuner, but it looked really blurry in detail & dull in colour.

So overall, I'm not sure. I need to see the 600 models on their pedestal stands displaying a much better picture - I'm hoping it was the store setup.

However, I do want to also see the Pioneers. The salesperson was raving about how good they were at a recent launch he went to, but who knows?

got a price today on the plasma's 42inch for 2800 and 4100 for 50inch!!

These are for the new 600 series????

Where from???

I managed to see a 42 inch & 50inch PV600 on display today.

The PV600 looks a lot better style-wise than the PV60 - looks a respectable-looking panel. They were setup on the cabinet stands, however, so it would be interesting to see them on a pedestal stand.

Unfortunately the PQ was shocking - I don't know whether it was the setup or the inbuilt tuner, but it looked really blurry in detail & dull in colour.

So overall, I'm not sure. I need to see the 600 models on their pedestal stands displaying a much better picture - I'm hoping it was the store setup.

However, I do want to also see the Pioneers. The salesperson was raving about how good they were at a recent launch he went to, but who knows?

Are you sure you weren't looking at one of the analogue channels? It has both tuners. I wouldn't be surprised if the sales people didn't set it up correctly.

Are you sure you weren't looking at one of the analogue channels? It has both tuners. I wouldn't be surprised if the sales people didn't set it up correctly.

That's a good point, david h. I didn't think of that as a possibility. I went back there again today & they had the same crappy picture on display. You'd think that people who work at the store might have twigged as to why brand new panels would produce such a crappy picture. Or at least spent some time troubleshooting it. If I'm in there again I'll suggest that to them.

It was the Radio Rentals store in Rundle Mall, Adelaide. So if any of you guys who work there read this, maybe you could sort this out. It may help you sell more panels in the long run also!

I wish they would hurry up and release the prices of the Panasonic Plasma Full HD 65" mother!! May be my next purchase - My Samsung Rearpro is starting to give me the sh!ts.... :blink:

I wish they would hurry up and release the prices of the Panasonic Plasma Full HD 65" mother!! May be my next purchase - My Samsung Rearpro is starting to give me the sh!ts.... :blink:

Wait a minute - it doesn't seem to support 1080p, maybe will need to go for the Pioneer PDP5000EX

These are for the new 600 series????

Where from???

from digital entertainment in sunshine

but even myer melb today said they could do that!

Well, got my 42PV600A last night - up till 4am playing with it - not good when the kids jump on you at 6am to wake up :blink:

The PQ didn't look as good as I'd hoped out-of-the-box but I played with some of the settings and now the quality is extremely impressive (haven't worked out which did it yet, but did take some guidance from Persian Immortal's thread on his settings). I guess that's why some of these plasmas look pretty ordinary instore - no one plays enough :D

I've got a Pioneer 490V DVD via HDMI and an Xbox1 on component - and all 3 (incl built in DVB tuner) look brilliant. I had an SD Hitachi before and I thought the PQ was pretty good but I'm amazed with this one. I didn't realise it, but this does have an analogue tuner as well as the digital tuner (which looks ordinary by itself), but I think it could be useful when using it in a small PIP box to show another channel - can monitor when your other program is back from adverts!

Another nice thing I like so far is you can reduce the volume of MPEG sound, which is normally quite a bit louder than dolby audio - resulting in the volume going up and down (annoyingly) when changing channels. This can make the volume of all channels similar - simple, but nice.

Anyway, just my vote of reassurance for those who ordered sight-unseen like me ...

Well, got my 42PV600A last night - up till 4am playing with it - not good when the kids jump on you at 6am to wake up :blink:

The PQ didn't look as good as I'd hoped out-of-the-box but I played with some of the settings and now the quality is extremely impressive (haven't worked out which did it yet, but did take some guidance from Persian Immortal's thread on his settings). I guess that's why some of these plasmas look pretty ordinary instore - no one plays enough :D

I've got a Pioneer 490V DVD via HDMI and an Xbox1 on component - and all 3 (incl built in DVB tuner) look brilliant. I had an SD Hitachi before and I thought the PQ was pretty good but I'm amazed with this one. I didn't realise it, but this does have an analogue tuner as well as the digital tuner (which looks ordinary by itself), but I think it could be useful when using it in a small PIP box to show another channel - can monitor when your other program is back from adverts!

Anyway, just my vote of reassurance for those who ordered sight-unseen like me ...

I was going to buy the 32" Hitachi LCD but then read good things about the Samsung LCDs, now I seem to be heading towards either the Panasonic or Philips 42" Plasma. Im off to Gold Coast for holiday tomorrow so will make my purchase when I come back!

Sounds like your pretty happy with the TV, which has put another tick for me in the Panasonic column :-)

Woz,

Congrats on the buy. Lucky duck. :blink:

A few Qs

What tuner picture looks ordinary - the analogue or digital?

How do the speakers sound?

Woz,

Congrats on the buy. Lucky duck. :blink:

A few Qs

What tuner picture looks ordinary - the analogue or digital?

How do the speakers sound?

Analogue tuner looks ordinary - bit blurry and unrealistic - emergency use only! Digital tuner looks great.

Speakers sound fine too - got mine hooked up to a HT using the digital optical output on the tv to my amp - but did try watching tv and playing a DVD using the inbuilt speakers and was actually quite impressed with them too. Yup, happy camper here.

Oh, BTW one thing I forgot to mention which I think is pretty cool - the stand said "Made in China", but the panel itself says "Made in Japan" - and I was expected a "China" sticker on all 600's - every happier :D

Oh, BTW one thing I forgot to mention which I think is pretty cool - the stand said "Made in China", but the panel itself says "Made in Japan" - and I was expected a "China" sticker on all 600's - every happier :blink:

From another article about Panasonic opening up a new plant in Japan, it seems you would have better chnace of getting "Made in Japan"...they have 4 (maybe 5) plants in Japan and 1 in China. Unless Panasonic Australia specifically ordered made in China models, but as mentioned before, it shouldn't matter, they should all be of similar quality.

Guest richo20
From another article about Panasonic opening up a new plant in Japan, it seems you would have better chnace of getting "Made in Japan"...they have 4 (maybe 5) plants in Japan and 1 in China. Unless Panasonic Australia specifically ordered made in China models, but as mentioned before, it shouldn't matter, they should all be of similar quality.

Can anyone who has purchased a new 600A confirm (or deny) the ability to record tv to an SD card please?

Wait a minute - it doesn't seem to support 1080p, maybe will need to go for the Pioneer PDP5000EX

TH42PX600A

I'm probably not in the right spot, but I'm sure someone will tell me, just took delivery of the new 42" px600, and I'm blown away by the picture and ease of setup with the integrated tuner. I live in Perth and am receiving all digital channels at full strength. And guess what "Made in Japan".

I'm in digital heaven. If anyone has some ideas on settings I would be very gratefull. Sorry got to get back to "The Fith Element".

I just returned from Domayne after checking out the PX600A screens during lunch. I can't give an accurate assessment of the PQ because I assumed the screen used 'out of box' picture settings. Contrast was high and colours were way too saturated. The faces of news presenters were RED during a commerical break.

The PX600A was sitting next to a PV60A. Now I assume the PV60A also used standard picture settings, but from what I could observe after viewing the screens for about 10mins, images on the PX600A were slightly sharper. On a particular scene showing a forest, the trees and foliage on the PV60 were soft, bit like enabling anti-aliasing on a computer. On the PX600A, the trees were sharper and you can actually see some leaves.

Anyway, after the long wait for this model and the anticipation, I can't say it was love at first sight :D

It amazes me that big companies like Panasonic, Sony, Samsung etc can spend a fortune on marketing their products on billboards, commericals etc... but yet can't hire a few technicians to go out and tweak their products who are selling them. If you walk into a shop and noticed a finely tuned screen amongst a bunch of crappy screens, which would you be interested in ? :blink:

It amazes me that big companies like Panasonic, Sony, Samsung etc can spend a fortune on marketing their products on billboards, commericals etc... but yet can't hire a few technicians to go out and tweak their products who are selling them. If you walk into a shop and noticed a finely tuned screen amongst a bunch of crappy screens, which would you be interested in ? :blink:

Well the vast majority of consumers would not choose the accurately setup screen. They will choose the inaccurate cartoonlike setup every time.

The reason why the out of box settings are so cartoonlike is to make the screen stand out in a brightly lit shopfloor. If you used the accurate settings in that situation the image would look washed out and dull compared to its competitors and most people would think it is crap.

These companies do spend heaps on marketing ... and marketing shows that the cartoon like, out of box settings sell better.

What does Austar look like on a 42PX600A?