New Pana Plasmas Due October

Can anyone confirm if the new 600a pedestal stand are swivel or not? Panasonic say they are optional and quoted me the model number of the stand which apparently comes standard anyway. Model ST50 P600W. No mention of swivel capability in the operating manual on their site??? Can anyone help?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone confirm if the new 600a pedestal stand are swivel or not? Panasonic say they are optional and quoted me the model number of the stand which apparently comes standard anyway. Model ST50 P600W. No mention of swivel capability in the operating manual on their site??? Can anyone help?

Yeah the stand for the 600a is definately a swivel type - very solid too. Has little cable clips to pull cables back behind the swivel part so they don't show from the front and don't get in the way of the movement.

Can anyone who has purchased a new 600A confirm (or deny) the ability to record tv to an SD card please?

Yup, but its pretty ordinary quality. Just tried it (easy to do - press "SD Rec" button in top right of remote) and it starts recording MPEG4 to the SD card. Playback is easy, but because it's low-res, it displays in a small box in the center of the screen - about half width and half height of the screen itself. Sound is a little muffled too. But, guess it could be useful in emergency. My 512MB SD card said it had around 45mins remaining when recording in "extra-fine" mode - the best it can do.

Yeah the stand for the 600a is definately a swivel type - very solid too. Has little cable clips to pull cables back behind the swivel part so they don't show from the front and don't get in the way of the movement.

Woz, congrats on the plasma. Can you tell us if the stand is power swivel from the remote control?

Woz, congrats on the plasma. Can you tell us if the stand is power swivel from the remote control?

Nah its manual - have to get outta the chair occassionally - suggest timing it with a loo break to minimise time up :blink:

The stand also has a strap/bracket on the back that you can attach to the top-back of your ETU if you are worried about the plasma falling forward (although the fact that they include it is a worry to me - why would a plasma fall forward?) Seems very stable without it - I haven't bothered

Nah its manual - have to get outta the chair occassionally - suggest timing it with a loo break to minimise time up :blink:

The stand also has a strap/bracket on the back that you can attach to the top-back of your ETU if you are worried about the plasma falling forward (although the fact that they include it is a worry to me - why would a plasma fall forward?) Seems very stable without it - I haven't bothered

Woz, Just took delivery of my PX50 600A and guess what? The stand does not swivel, unless you move the whole the whole unit, Tv and stand. Before I go apeshit at Panasonic who quoted me in an email response that the model number stand does swivel, please confirm again that it does swivel and what degree approx. Can anyone else help? This was critical to my decision to buy the panasonic over other brands like the Hitachi or Pioneer. The model number of the stand delivered is TY-ST50P600W is this the same as yours?

Woz, Just took delivery of my PX50 600A and guess what? The stand does not swivel, unless you move the whole the whole unit, Tv and stand. Before I go apeshit at Panasonic who quoted me in an email response that the model number stand does swivel, please confirm again that it does swivel and what degree approx. Can anyone else help? This was critical to my decision to buy the panasonic over other brands like the Hitachi or Pioneer. The model number of the stand delivered is TY-ST50P600W is this the same as yours?

I'm at work at the moment, so can't check things but mine definately swivels :blink:

Not sure how far it moves (wall is in the way) but from memory while I was setting it up I noticed that it would only go "so" far - I'm guessing around 30 degrees (could be wrong tho)

Just checked the online manual and on page 33 it shows the stands - that model is definately the same type as mine (but I have the TY-ST42P600W - 42" version)

Yeah the swivel part was one of my criteria too (helped put me off the older 60 model which doesn't).

Maybe the unit you have is faulty? Or "frozen" at the movement point? Wouldn't want to influence what you do (no responsibility!) - but if it were me I'd probably remove the panel from the stand and give the top flat section (with the "spikes") a tap with a rubber mallet to see if it would budge. You'll need to remove the panel anyway if you are to return the stand.

I just had mine delivered yesterday, and the stand definately swivels, probably about 20 degrees each way

anyone used the new ones with Austar?

I'm using fox digital through composite and it's not as bad as everyone makes out, I will try component leads somtime to see if there's any improvement

I'm using fox digital through composite and it's not as bad as everyone makes out, I will try component leads somtime to see if there's any improvement

From my understanding Fox Digital has a better PQ than Austar so I'm not sure if you can help.

Austar doesn't look as good as SD on my Hitachi.

Can someone please tell me how much is everyone paying for the TH-42PX600A in Victoria and where from????

Just been to Myer in Melbourne (CDB), I know their advertised prices are high, I was only looking at the 50 inch, BUT with the 10% off during the sale, AND extra 10% off for Myer card it brought the old 50 inch to about $3650, and the new 50 inch about $4200, both include 12 months interest free on Myer card.

He was also recommending some HD SONY PVR with 160gb to go with the old pana for about $800 after all the discounts (i did not get the model).

So you can definitely check Myer for the 42 inch pana, utilising all the above discounts should get a decent price.

This sale is on untill saturday the 21st.

hey guys

how do these new plasmas handle burn in, as i am considering the 42px600a but i will be using it to game alot aswell and wouldn't want burn in on the screen from it. thus i am also considering 40" lcds.

Thanks

Taz

Edited by taz_vista

Just placed an order for a 42 inch 600a at Dick Smiths. $4250 all up for the panel, 5 years warranty and delivery.

Like this model better as it has builtin HD tuner and the looks, although not as professional as the 507 pioneer.

Delivery should be next week. Cant wait.

Johnn I hope what you have written is a typo because most people are getting the 42inch for about $1000 less than the figure you specified, including 5yr warranty.

Just placed an order for a 42 inch 600a at Dick Smiths. $4250 all up for the panel, 5 years warranty and delivery.

Like this model better as it has builtin HD tuner and the looks, although not as professional as the 507 pioneer.

Delivery should be next week. Cant wait.

With a $3250 price, you won't be disappointed with the panel :blink:

Considering purchasing the 42px600A but I have one question. Can you record the HD digital signal from the internal HD digital Receiver????

I know other Plasmas with inbuilt HD digital receivers will not allow this and only allow you to recoard the analogue signal??????

Thanks....

Considering purchasing the 42px600A but I have one question. Can you record the HD digital signal from the internal HD digital Receiver????

I know other Plasmas with inbuilt HD digital receivers will not allow this and only allow you to recoard the analogue signal??????

Thanks....

We were investigating the same option on the 50inch, and the salesman at Myer had a good look, said NO.

I assume the 42inch is the same, can not record in digital using the internal receiver.

What where you going to use to record on to, as most of the devices (dvd burners with HD) these days are coming out with build in tuners anyway.

We were investigating the same option on the 50inch, and the salesman at Myer had a good look, said NO.

I assume the 42inch is the same, can not record in digital using the internal receiver.

What where you going to use to record on to, as most of the devices (dvd burners with HD) these days are coming out with build in tuners anyway.

I am using The Panasonic Hard Disc recorder but it only has an analogue tuner in it. I want to be able to record Digital. If you can not record the digital signal well then I will probably sway to the Hitachi and get an ext HD set top box?????

I believe you can record the digital channel you currently have tuned on the Panasonic but only at Composite video quality (using the Monitor out socket). Unlike the current LG's. There is no mention in the manual of it not working.

One of the owners can confirm/deny this.

I am using The Panasonic Hard Disc recorder but it only has an analogue tuner in it. I want to be able to record Digital. If you can not record the digital signal well then I will probably sway to the Hitachi and get an ext HD set top box?????

If you are happy with the Hitachi compared to Pana (PQ) then so be it, but you are not going to get many HD FTA shows to record in full HD, taking the second option as you indicate may be a small gain compared to sacrificing (I assume) better PQ on the Pana.

I have currently SD PVR and use 81cm CRT, when I flicker between digital and analog (same chan) the PQ is not that much better (very much the same), so I would not care if I recorded in analogue and watched it back, as long as you have a good setup.