New Pana Plasmas Due October

thanks you've been great....

think you could look at my post in the Burn in sticky thread...

No Problem - What else is there to do whilst one is working on a Saturday night :blink:

Where are you located? Plenty of members around to suggest good places to go look at 'decent' setups

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone seen these new models in the stores or newspapers etc.. yet?

Nah havent seen any instores as yet, asked a couple places they said probably next week sometime... one member has pre-ordered and has been told 9th oct, so one would assume this is when they will be in stores

Nah havent seen any instores as yet, asked a couple places they said probably next week sometime... one member has pre-ordered and has been told 9th oct, so one would assume this is when they will be in stores

I'll prob. buy a Pana 42 shortly. I have been buying TVs for 50 years (exactly).

Just take them home, fiddle with the cables a bit and away they go. Now, however, all these cables, boxes, leads, scart, HDMI etc. are a bit frightening. Haven't a clue what most of them are. Should I bear in mind, when I purchase, to have someone come out and install? I have Foxtel hooked up to an old Sony, and an old VCR which I intend replacing with a new DVD. There are leads everywhere.

Wasn't allowed to start a new thread. Must be too young!

I'll prob. buy a Pana 42 shortly. I have been buying TVs for 50 years (exactly).

Just take them home, fiddle with the cables a bit and away they go. Now, however, all these cables, boxes, leads, scart, HDMI etc. are a bit frightening. Haven't a clue what most of them are. Should I bear in mind, when I purchase, to have someone come out and install? I have Foxtel hooked up to an old Sony, and an old VCR which I intend replacing with a new DVD. There are leads everywhere.

Technology changes, but in a borader sense the world does not.

The new technology is just someting new to learn, and i'm sure that as a 50 year veteran of TV's you will have no trouble if you do your homework.

Oh no!

I'm sounding like a school teacher.

Wasn't allowed to start a new thread. Must be too young!

There's nothing like being too young.

Just follow the instructions and diagrams in the manual - take it easy one step/input at a time and you'll be fine...

Any problems just get back here and someone will help - that's the beauty of forums like this.

The other option would be to buy the Pioneer - they will install it and hook everything up for you...

good to read about the new panas due. updated looks. cheap silver look begone ! plus the integrated digital tuner will be a big plus for many I reckon. are these the cinese built models for pana. that might put a few off though I suspect. compared to the japanese built hitachis/pio's

good to read about the new panas due. updated looks. cheap silver look begone ! plus the integrated digital tuner will be a big plus for many I reckon. are these the cinese built models for pana. that might put a few off though I suspect. compared to the japanese built hitachis/pio's

All the Pana 60's and 600's are chinese made, people would be lucky to find a 60 left in stock that was made in japan.

The price diff between Pana 600 42" and Pio 42" is still pretty large, so I'd guess Panasonic will do okay there, but the 50" prices (RRP $5899 vs $6499) are very similar once you add $500 to the Panasonic to get the same 5 year warranty. If you need to buy a wall-bracket (incl w/Pioneer if you don't want a stand) its probably more expensive !!!

I wanted a 42" and couldn't justify the price gap, so am now eagerly awaiting delivery of a Panasonic 600 next week.

A 50" is around 16% larger than a 42", yet with Panasonic RRP's a 50" is 35.5% more expensive - a 42" still gives more bang for your buck (unless you decide after you've bought it that it's too small and have to go and buy a 50" soon after!)

I think you'll find the 50" panel has around 44% more screen area than a 42" panel.

<feeling dumb> Err, that was a sleepless night calculation where I was comparing the numbers 50 and 42 - didn't do an area calc at all - hadn't really thought that one through very well :blink:

Have ordered a 50 PX 600A from Harvey Norman Marion two weeks ago for $4700 plus $400 to extend waranty to 5 years. This was on their recent 40 month interest free option. Have been told by HN that the screens are due 9/10 onwards at HN. I have also emailed Panasonic and have given two replies, latest one today 5/10 saying they have no information on when they are due! Who do you believe?

Just curious

I was reading the specs on the new pana plasma and saw it will upscale signals that aren't HD to try and improve the picture.

I'm not to sure if this will only happen through the HDMI inputs or if it is capable of doing it through the component as well?

Also I'm trying to decide between the Pana or the new Pio 507 does anyone know if the Pio has this feature as well as I will be watching a lot of fox on it and I know their signal needs all the help it can get?

Thanks in advance

Have ordered a 50 PX 600A from Harvey Norman Marion two weeks ago for $4700 plus $400 to extend waranty to 5 years. This was on their recent 40 month interest free option. Have been told by HN that the screens are due 9/10 onwards at HN. I have also emailed Panasonic and have given two replies, latest one today 5/10 saying they have no information on when they are due! Who do you believe?

I'd probably believe Panasonic more than a salesman. A salesman would make up any BS to get a sale. I've heard many stories about car salesman promising delivery dates but never meet it.

I'd be very surprised if HN got 'em on the 9th. Sounds like a bit of BS to get you signing on the dotted line.

Went to the launch of the new Panasonic range last night; The new 65" 1920x1080 running a BR source ain't half bad though... Was very impressed. The new 42" and 50" looked the same as the current models picture quality wise, and looked more like the TH50PV500A's. Not really a foward step, more off to the side really - not that that's a bad thing!

Big price drop on the TH50PV60A model, we're selling 'em for $3499 or so.

I've just been on the phone to a HN salesperson in Adelaide. They won't have the new Panasonic plasmas on display for another 10 days, and the new Pioneers won't be out for another couple of weeks.

The wait continues...............

I've just been on the phone to a HN salesperson in Adelaide. They won't have the new Panasonic plasmas on display for another 10 days, and the new Pioneers won't be out for another couple of weeks.

The wait continues...............

I ordered a 42PV600A last Thursday - just called Harvey Norman Enfield to double check and they still say they have 15 units coming in on the 9th Oct. Who know ?

I ordered a 42PV600A last Thursday - just called Harvey Norman Enfield to double check and they still say they have 15 units coming in on the 9th Oct. Who know ?

Fair enough, Woz. I hope you're right as I'm keen to get a peek at them! I also happened to call JB HiFi at Marion & they said they have no idea when they're getting them in, Panasonic rep hasn't been in, blah, blah.

I'll give HN Enfield a call on Monday to see if it's worth the drive......

Saw a 50" 600 series being unpacked and set up at JB hi-fi today.

Still no sign of the new Pioneer that they said would be here today though....

Having seen the Pana 600 I'm not so sure now if it's worth $1k more than the 60 series model - the picture looked identical side by side and whilst I thought I would prefer the extra black trim I'm now not so sure as I think it looks a bit messy with it's extra silver trim around the black and also there's an extra bit (approx 10mm) of shiny black edge glass around the very edge of the screen (not on the 60 series) before it hits the black plastic trim, which makes the whole over-all appearance a bit messier than either the cheaper model or the slim gloss black of the Pio 507.....

Confusing.....

I went looking around today for the new 600's. HN Moorabbin told me they were supposed to be coming in yesterday, but didnt. When I finally got to speak to someone who knew something in there, they told me that they had Panasonic coming in on Tues or Wed to set up a new panel in the store for them. So they are expecting them to be delivered 'anyday'

This got me wondering so I went to JB in Southland. And what do you know!!! On display is a 42" and 50" X600. They have a couple in stock as well.

And to my surprise, both panels had 'Made in Japan' on the back of them (not that it really worries me where they are made but I know there are a few of you who are not keen on chinese made products). Does this mean they started making the new panels in Jap?

Ticket prices were approx 5299 for the 50", cant remember the 42" price.

New casing is not that much better than the old model, still quite a bit of silver in it. A bit disappointed but it still wont detract me from getting one in the coming weeks!!

Only had the 42" turned on, PQ definitely looked better than the screens around it. Very bright and clear

Sound was good too, out of the Panels speakers, for those who have 'fun sherrifs' out there who cannot work out anymore remotes than 1 for the telly!! ie too lazy to turn on the sound system....

Looks like the 600's have arrived!! :blink:

And to my surprise, both panels had 'Made in Japan' on the back of them (not that it really worries me where they are made but I know there are a few of you who are not keen on chinese made products). Does this mean they started making the new panels in Jap?

Looks like the 600's have arrived!! :D

I'm looking to buy the 600A in a few weeks too, and if these ones really are made in Japan, then all the better!!! :blink:

Saw the 42PX600A at JB HiFi Osborne Park W.A. today, best price they could do was $3600 including 5 year warranty and delivery, or $3200 without warranty, they also had the 50 inch.version.

Pickup old model 42PV60A for $2999 with 5 years and $150 voucher and delivery at HN.

Ron.