Commercial Tv To Do List

Quirindi gets local reception from Mt Soma making the local annalog transmission site obsolete

http://www2b.abc.net.au/reception/frequenc...70&presdir=

oh ok, so I guess the 'Who-Da-Thought-It' Hill repeaters at Quirindi must have been installed in the pre-Mt Soma days when Mt Dowe was also the main transmitter site for towns south of Tamworth.

I've only just discovered that it's only the "pre-aggregation" broadcasters in that region ie. ABC and NEN transmit from it, so that's why it must have existed.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh ok, so I guess the 'Who-Da-Thought-It' Hill repeaters at Quirindi must have been installed in the pre-Mt Soma days when Mt Dowe was also the main transmitter site for towns south of Tamworth.

I've only just discovered that it's only the "pre-aggregation" broadcasters in that region ie. ABC and NEN transmit from it, so that's why it must have existed.

Spot On ;) The Same Applies to Bald Hill Tamworth (Prime VHF 0, ABC VHF 2) Plus Prime have a small Low Power Annalog Translator for the Currabubula Township (All were Mt Dowe translators) And because Prime's Annalog Translator was so dull Re-Broadcast from Bald Hill Tamworth it's the reason why most Tamworth houses still have Hi band VHF antenna's pointing at Mt Dowe.

These transmitters are the Reason Prime never installed an Annalog Transmitter on Mt Soma when aggragation commenced in the early 90's and why most houses in Tamworth Have a VHF Antenna pointing at either Mt Dowe or Bald Hill diplexed into a UHF Antenna Pointing at either Dowe or Soma :huh: Wilst most houses in Quirindi have a VHF Pointing at 'Who-Da-Thought-It' Hill Diplexed into a UHF Antenna pointing at Mt Soma. :huh:

Confused yet :blink:

Tamworth TV, It's a marvellous beast :lol:

Edited by left behind

• 3 weeks later...
can anybody tell me when the Dungog transmitter will start to broadcast commercial stations.

Thanks

last I saw, the following dates were available:

PRIME: Planned for 2008

NBN: TBA

SC10: TBA

You should be able to get more accurate dates if you contact the stations.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

THIS IS THE Regional TV SHAME FILE

New England/Northwest NSW/MAJOR HIGH POWER SERVICE

NBN 2009 (Not Happy Jan) :angry: UHF 37 Hor 592.5 MHz TV Tower MOUNT DOWE

Central West NSW/MAJOR HIGH POWER SERVICE

Prime TBA UHF 41 Hor 620.5 MHz Broadcast Site MT CENN CRUAICH

North Coast/Murwillumbah

NBN TBA UHF 37 Vertical 592.5MHz (Ta digitalj)

Upper Hunter NSW

NBN TBA VHF 9 Hor 198.5 MHz NTA Site Rossgole Loo

Mudgee NSW

Prime TBA UHF 59 Vert 746.5 MHz Translator Site Endicott Hill (Lower Mount Misery

Laurieton NSW

NBN TBA UHF 51 Vertical, 690500KHz

Gloucester NSW

PRIME 2008 UHF 28 Horizontal, 529500KHz

NBN TBA UHF 32 Horizontal, 557500KHz

SC10 October 2007 UHF 34 Horizontal, 571500KHz

This forum is a reminder for Commercial TV the Digital Rollout is far from complete.

Please Feel Free To Edit.

All,

There is hundreds more than this.

However to complete the installation of high powered regional transmitters the following are required

NBN Upper Namoi

Prime Central Western Slopes (Coonabarabran)

GWN & WIN South West WA (Mt Barker)

AlanH

Alan, Just A Quick One.

How long do we have to wait to get our VHF Digital services running at Full Power on Mt Dowe ?

I live in Moree were Mt Dowe's signal can only be described as fair (Even The 100,000 Watt FM Station stuggles in parts of town) and with the VHF Digital Transmitters running so low I'm having problems getting a good signal and Every Antenna Expet I've had here say it's due to the lack of signal on the VHF Digital services. (I don't have an issue with the UHF Signals Running at Full Power 75% Signal 80% Quality)

Both The ABC & Prime are running at 4.5 kW ERP a bloodly long way short of there Max ERP on 55kW.

Prime on 9A is OK (Just)50% Signal 65% quality, but the ABC DTV on Ch 8 is nealy impossable to receive, 40% Signal, 45% Quality With a booster.

My VHF Annalog Recepion is 97% Signal According to the Toppie and I wonder if the ABC Digital Signal on VHF 8 is being swamped by the 2 annalog VHF on ch 7 & 9 Running Flat out at 200 kW ERP.

I've been stuggling with this for a year now and am at my wits end and I'm puzzled why the VHF Digital signals are running 10% of there output power when they so need the power to effectivly cover Mt Dowe's Massive footprint.

Is there light at the end of the Tunnel for all of us who rely on Mt Dowe Running at Full Power ?

Edited by left behind

THIS IS THE Regional TV SHAME FILE

New England/Northwest NSW/MAJOR HIGH POWER SERVICE

NBN 2009 (Not Happy Jan) :angry: UHF 37 Hor 592.5 MHz TV Tower MOUNT DOWE

Central West NSW/MAJOR HIGH POWER SERVICE

Prime TBA UHF 41 Hor 620.5 MHz Broadcast Site MT CENN CRUAICH

North Coast/Murwillumbah

NBN TBA UHF 37 Vertical 592.5MHz (Ta digitalj)

Upper Hunter NSW

NBN TBA VHF 9 Hor 198.5 MHz NTA Site Rossgole Loo

Mudgee NSW

Prime TBA UHF 59 Vert 746.5 MHz Translator Site Endicott Hill (Lower Mount Misery

Laurieton NSW

NBN TBA UHF 51 Vertical, 690500KHz

Gloucester NSW

PRIME 2008 UHF 28 Horizontal, 529500KHz

NBN TBA UHF 32 Horizontal, 557500KHz

SC10 October 2007 UHF 34 Horizontal, 571500KHz

This forum is a reminder for Commercial TV the Digital Rollout is far from complete.

Please Feel Free To Edit.

You can add WIN & Southern Cross(Capital) to the list of services to be installed in Mudgee as we only receive ABC & SBS.

I started contacting the 3 stations 3 days ago by Email & phone to ask when they expected to have services operational in Mudgee.By phone I got laughter from the lady at prime & had to leave my name & phone number with WIN & Capital,No replys since.

By Email 0 replys.

looks like it could be a long wait.

• 1 month later...
http://web.acma.gov.au/pls/radcom/licence_...ENCE_NO=1564406

that's PRIME's License for DTV in Goulburn.

By the looks of things, you should have all channels in Digital, if you really don't, try rescanning and if that fails, get an Antenna Technician.

This licence is to conduct a test broadcast.

Are they broadcasting normal programming on this licence? The licence expires on 29 Nov 08.

• 4 weeks later...
Are they broadcasting normal programming on this licence? The licence expires on 29 Nov 08.

Prime TV (all 5 channels of it) is finally on the air from Mt Cenn Cruich in the Warrumbungles! It's just a shame they didn't have it ready in time for the Olympics. We now have all channels here in Gilgandra. I guess I shouldn't complain too much. Some people may be waiting until the next Olympics for all their channels to come through...

Some people may be waiting until the next Olympics for all their channels to come through...

Who knows.. maybe longer!

Given that Nine (WIN/NBN) have the rights to the 2012 London Olympics, one wonders whether NBN will be on-air at Mt Dowe (Moree/Gunnedah/Narrabri) by then!!!

It seems to keep being pushed back.. and back.. and back.. and back... and (well, you probably get the 'picture' by now...)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
You can add WIN & Southern Cross(Capital) to the list of services to be installed in Mudgee as we only receive ABC & SBS.

I started contacting the 3 stations....,No replys since.

By Email 0 replys.

looks like it could be a long wait.

Hi Mudgee,

Did you ever hear anything back? I believe we are still waiting? I am almost tempted to buy new antenna's and shoot towards Coonabarabran.

• 4 weeks later...

Prime is yet to go on air in Jindabyne.

Be really nice if the networks published info on their websites about when viewers who are yet to get DTV can expect it.

if only DBA and it's reception locator still existed :rolleyes:

you could always contact your local CRIME PRIME Office :winky:

All,

If you go to Get the Best Reception, Regional NSW and click on the transmitter list link there is a table. All the bold entries are on air either permanently or in the test transmission mode.

I will be putting up the January 2009 edition soon.

Just remember that 500,000 people in WA regional areas are yet to get any commercial DTV! Even Upper Namoi will have a complete set of transmitters with a considerably smaller population than SW WA which is 200,000 from one transmitter site.

AlanH

Even Upper Namoi will have a complete set of transmitters with a considerably smaller population than SW WA which is 200,000 from one transmitter site.

AlanH

I'd hardly call a reach of 120,000 Small :o:rolleyes:

Why does everybody treat Mt Dowe like it dos'nt matter.

Fact is more people watch TV in the New England/Northwest than Mt Soma Tamworth & Little Duvall Armidale combined.

On in every 2 houses in Tamworth still get there TV from Mt Dowe U Know

Edited by left behind

Tried that, sent Prime in Canberra an email. Chance of a reply is probably next to zero.

It is amazing that we have nationwide analogue switch off dates without DTV switch on dates for many regional areas.

A brain damaged turkey would make a better comms minister than Conroy. Add DTV to his list of shame along with the NBN, internet filtering & Opel.

Tried that, sent Prime in Canberra an email. Chance of a reply is probably next to zero.

It is amazing that we have nationwide analogue switch off dates without DTV switch on dates for many regional areas.

A brain damaged turkey would make a better comms minister than Conroy. Add DTV to his list of shame along with the NBN, internet filtering & Opel.

what e-mail address did you use?

• 1 year later...
  • 8 years later...

After a long time, all we need are some multichannels:

TDT, TNT and GTS/BKN:

9Life

7flix

7food network (upcoming)

WIN Griffith/Eastern South Australia:

9Life

7flix

7food network (upcoming)

7TWO moved to 62 instead of 66 (WIN are stupid)

Ten Metro: Maybe a Sky News on Ten?

MDV and WDT:

9Life (of course)

VAST (non-WA):

Southern Cross needs 7flix and 7food network

Imparja needs 9Life

SBS needs SBS Viceland HD

Prime7:

7flix

7food network (upcoming)

Edited by AaronReturn2005
Forgot