Possible Hd-a1 Power Buy

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having the player down scale the signal from 1080p/24 to 720p/24 and fed to the display should look better than 1080p/24 converted to 1080p/60/50 or interlaced 1080i/50/60 and then down scaled by the display to 720p...no? :blink:

I was looking thru my Sony HS50 Manual and discovered that it can handle 1080p24 (@ 48hz internally) but this still doesn't matter to me as im planning to replace it soon with another 720p PJ (prolly a Benq 8720) that cant accept 1080p - so it's still a non-issue for me.

I was looking thru my Sony HS50 Manual and discovered that it can handle 1080p24 (@ 48hz internally) but this still doesn't matter to me as im planning to replace it soon with another 720p PJ (prolly a Benq 8720) that cant accept 1080p - so it's still a non-issue for me.

eeeek!.........Guess you don't want to give the Pearl a whirl?! :blink:..................me thinks around 6k should get you one.

eeeek!.........Guess you don't want to give the Pearl a whirl?! :blink:..................me thinks around 6k should get you one.

My budget isn't likely to exceed $4k and I've already spent around $25k to get where I am. After I've got my recliners, HD-DVD Player & maybe a new PJ, Im not spending anymore money for a long time!

My budget isn't likely to exceed $4k. After I've got my recliners, HD-DVD Player & maybe a new PJ, Im not spending anymore money for a long time!

Wow you can get recliners, player and PJ on a 4k budget?

I am planning on my new HT lounge suite costing around 4k alone. 1K for a player and 4K for the new PJ plus another 2K for a new HT receiver.

Wow you can get recliners, player and PJ on a 4k budget?

I am planning on my new HT lounge suite costing around 4k alone. 1K for a player and 4K for the new PJ plus another 2K for a new HT receiver.

I think djos means $4k for the projector only

can i ask you guys a few questions

what is vp 30 50 etc?

will hdmi 1.3 work with my pioneer ax2 amp?

what is the point of having 1080p ouput to my sd plasma?

will the pioneer ax2 handle 1080p through hdmi if i buy a new display in a couple of years?

will these players be better than the hd-dvd player for xbox360?

if not why would anyone that has a 360 buy one?

sorry for the questions, but i'm really confused

Kamma, I recommend the reading the manuals for your equipment + use the forum "Search" Button.

PS. once you understand your own equipments capabilities/specs you will have a better starting point to ask about VP30's, 1080p etc.

Kamma, I recommend the reading the manuals for your equipment + use the forum "Search" Button.

PS. once you understand your own equipments capabilities/specs you will have a better starting point to ask about VP30's, 1080p etc.

not really the answer i was looking for

what about dolby true hd, and analogue 5.1 what is all that?

not really the answer i was looking for

what about dolby true hd, and analogue 5.1 what is all that?

Seriously Kamma, if you don't understand what you already own, how then can you possibly learn about other related technologies?

EDIT: Read your manuals as I mentioned, they will tell you if your amp supports HDMI and which version. Your plasma manual will tell you what resolutions it supports and what version of HDMI it uses. I'm not trying to be mean, but you need to do some research on your own so that you will understand what questions to ask and the answers when you get them.

eg: you wouldn't have even asked this question:

what is the point of having 1080p ouput to my sd plasma?

- if you had read your plasma manuals supported resolutions page - not to mention that you have already stated that it is an SD Plasma.

can i ask you guys a few questions

what is vp 30 50 etc? I'ts a external scaler/deinterlacer, possibly better than the one in your current equipment?

will hdmi 1.3 work with my pioneer ax2 amp? if you have a lesser HDMI input/output in your amp it will work at the lesser specification

what is the point of having 1080p ouput to my sd plasma? No real gain..may be a bit

will the pioneer ax2 handle 1080p through hdmi if i buy a new display in a couple of years? See djos's advice, if it is capable of 1080p now that will be ok, but not to the HDMI1.3 spec, Deep Colour etc

will these players be better than the hd-dvd player for xbox360? Possibly yes depending on the model

if not why would anyone that has a 360 buy one?....cheaper entry price to watch HD......for obvious reasons

sorry for the questions, but i'm really confused See djos's advise

thanks HJ

is this cheap?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TOSHIBA-HD-XA1-HD-D...1QQcmdZViewItem

Seriously Kamma, if you don't understand what you already own, how then can you possibly learn about other related technologies?

EDIT: Read your manuals as I mentioned, they will tell you if your amp supports HDMI and which version. Your plasma manual will tell you what resolutions it supports and what version of HDMI it uses. I'm not trying to be mean, but you need to do some research on your own so that you will understand what questions to ask and the answers when you get them.

eg: you wouldn't have even asked this question:

if you had read your plasma manuals supported resolutions page - not to mention that you have already stated that it is an SD Plasma.

for me its easier to hear it in laymans terms rather than manufacturers specs. its just easier for me to understand. that doesn't make me stupid just not as educated in HT than you.

kamma, why must you be spoonfed? :blink:

Read the full Thread and you will have a pretty good idea of how competitive that seller is.

for me its easier to hear it in laymans terms rather than manufacturers specs. its just easier for me to understand. that doesn't make me stupid just not as educated in HT than you.

I never said you were stupid.

I operate on the "give a man a fish and he will eat for one day, teach him to fish and he will eat for a lifetime" principal. I've only been into HT for a couple of years and I read as much as I could before I started asking questions.

thanks HJ

is this cheap?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TOSHIBA-HD-XA1-HD-D...1QQcmdZViewItem

don't think djos means to be abrupt....the information is on the forum.......reading the stickys will help you, some of the members here have put in hours of valuable work, to benefit all.

As much as I'd like to comment on this.......ok since you asked........BluRay, BluRay, BluRay.........wait till November and then get on the bus of your choice.....it's gonna be a long ride, so pick carefully! :blink:

But if your heart is set on this unit it is going for less than US$399.00 in the States

don't think djos means to be abrupt....the information is on the forum.......reading the stickys will help you, some of the members here have put in hours of valuable work, to benefit all.

As much as I'd like to comment on this.......ok since you asked........BluRay, BluRay, BluRay.........wait till November and then get on the bus of your choice.....it's gonna be a long ride, so pick carefully! :blink:

But if your heart is set on this unit it is going for less than US$399.00 in the States

Not quite HJ, this is the XA1 not the A1. It is a reasonable price for the XA1 and the shipping is very good if not spectacular.

Thanks HJ, My intention isn't to be rude but when no effort is made by ppl to help themselves it can be tiresome. :blink:

Btw, the unit Kamma linked to is the HD-XA1 which is usually about $300USD dearer than the HD-A1.