Mt Ulandra

RIPPER ! VERY GOOD NEWS WE ARE NOW IN THE STRAIGHT yes happy yelling with joy

reception guide updated 23Jan with planned for 2007- why a more accurate forecast is beyond broadcaster management is a puzzle to me particularly as from all accounts it is immenent and things dont just happen without prior planning.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

reception guide updated 23Jan with planned for 2007- why a more accurate forecast is beyond broadcaster management is a puzzle to me particularly as from all accounts it is immenent and things dont just happen without prior planning.

They've fairly much only updated Kiewa Valley, Bright, Mareeba, Mossman, and Port Douglas, as SC10 gave DBA a notice about them starting at first 2 locations, and 7 QLD gave a notification about them starting in the other regions.

They've fairly much only updated Kiewa Valley, Bright, Mareeba, Mossman, and Port Douglas, as SC10 gave DBA a notice about them starting at first 2 locations, and 7 QLD gave a notification about them starting in the other regions.

so much for planning ahead if SC and WIN hope to be up by end Feb and even Prime by early April surely they could advise DBA and perhaps cut down on enquiries.

so much for planning ahead if SC and WIN hope to be up by end Feb and even Prime by early April surely they could advise DBA and perhaps cut down on enquiries.

Its probably the easier way to go.... the alternative would be announcing a date and then missing the date and ending up dealing with the oodles of complaints.

Its probably the easier way to go.... the alternative would be announcing a date and then missing the date and ending up dealing with the oodles of complaints.

Not only that but they all need to lodge Implementation Plans.

http://www.acma.gov.au/ACMAINTER.1638528:S...RD::pc=PC_90068

Digital television test transmissions

To start up digital test transmissions you will need to have:

* an approved Implementation Plan (a Form ACMA B47) in place for the area

* submitted and have approved an ACMA B12 form and paid a licence fee (see fee schedule)

* set up an interference hotline for complaints about digital interference at least seven days before the test starts

* sent media releases to local media organisations and placed advertisements in newspapers at least seven days before the test starts

* sent copies of all test advertising material to ACMA

* notified the Minister for Communications, Information Technology and the Arts, MPs for the area, the local government bodies, the CEO of each hospital in the area, the State or Territory Health Minister, other broadcasters in the area and ACMA at least seven days before the test starts

For more information on digital tests see guidelines 114 to 120 of ACMA's Technical Planning Guidelines.

Permanent transmissions

To start permanent digital transmissions you will need to have:

* tested for at least seven days prior to starting permanent transmissions

* completed testing and sent a test report to ACMA

* checked that there are no restrictions or special conditions on the permanent licence

* sent a commencement/non-commencement notification to ACMA within seven days of the start date specified on the licence.

Implementation plans

http://www.acma.gov.au/ACMAINTER.1507598:S...RD::pc=PC_91854

Under Schedule 4 of the Broadcasting Services Act 1992,commercial and national television broadcasters must prepare implementation plans relating to the conversion, over time, of the transmission of their service from analog mode to digital mode. Requirements for the digital television conversion forms for the commercial and national broadcasters are set out in the Commercial and National Television Conversion Schemes respectively.

An Implementation Plan is a binding commitment by a broadcaster to provide a television service in digital mode from specified sites to cover specified areas by specified dates, so as to achieve the same area of coverage in SDTV digital mode as is achieved by that service in analog mode, as soon as is practicable after the simulcast period begins.

Implementation plans submitted by commercial television broadcasters are subject to ACMA approval, whilst those submitted by the national television broadcasters (ABC and SBS), are subject to the Minister's approval. Go to ACMA forms for commercial broadcasters.

Broadcasters may submit a single, comprehensive plan for the licence (or coverage) area, or a series of implementation plans that develop the broadcaster's digital transmission arrangements in stages. The plans must be lodged in sufficient time for them to be approved and for the broadcasters to start transmissions, in accordance with the approved plans, by the start of the simulcast period.

ACMA maintains a Register of Approved Implementation Plans which is open for public inspection.

Register of approved digital television Implementation Plans for NSW and ACT

http://www.acma.gov.au/ACMAINTER.1507598:S...RD::pc=PC_91858

• 2 weeks later...

G'day people,

Well its the 20th of Feburary and if i remember correctly from previous occasions, work at Mt Ulandra would have been finished today. Has anyone heard whether it got pushed back abit because of weather or anything???

I believe the work has slipped about a week due to some rain but mostly high winds. it should be at least a fortnight after that before DTX

G'day people,

Well its the 20th of Feburary and if i remember correctly from previous occasions, work at Mt Ulandra would have been finished today. Has anyone heard whether it got pushed back abit because of weather or anything???

I believe the work has slipped about a week due to some rain but mostly high winds. it should be at least a fortnight after that before DTX could commence, providing they had installation teams on standby. March should see analogue UHF on full power maybe end MAR for WIN , SCTEN and of course Prime in one of their original broadcast areas following last May / JUNE? they were still saying April but I dont believe them Middle Brother still not on air and new analogue TX as well as DTX to be installed at that location. cheers alan.

Thanks for the info austruckie, things are just getting ever so close now, i cant wait for the last 3 stations to be operational.

I'll have my ears to the ground from now on.

Prime now due on air DTX at Middle Brother pm 05MARCH 2007 so maybe Prime may be on air DTX April at Mt Ulandra as they said. cheers alan

SC does not seem to be ready to start - doing Mt. Downe?, WIN I dont know anything. Both being on air digitaly end MAR now looking doubtful, and prime working on Middle Brother I think they may be on air test transmitting there pm tomorrow another source says end of this week, so Prime should then be able to turn attention to DTX at Mt. Ulandra and be on air end APRIL. cheers alan

SC does not seem to be ready to start - doing Mt. Downe?, WIN I dont know anything. Both being on air digitaly end MAR now looking doubtful, and prime working on Middle Brother I think they may be on air test transmitting there pm tomorrow another source says end of this week, so Prime should then be able to turn attention to DTX at Mt. Ulandra and be on air end APRIL. cheers alan

Just in case you didn't realise, the PRIME from Middle Brother and Mt. Ulandra are actually different PRIME'S, 1 is called NEN, the other is CBN

You Forgot Golden West WA (GWN)

PS, What does NBN Digital look like ?

Apparently I've got to wait another year before I Find out :blink:

NOT HAPPY :D

Very pixelated and choppy atm, got an antenna person comming out tomorrow to give me a quote for a new VHF antenna and masthead/diplexor.