Sign in to follow this  
mrpickle

Lg 76cm Super Slim Crt Tv With Inbuilt Hd Tuner - 32fs4d

That's what a HDMI Switchbox or A/V Receiver is for my friend. To extend the number of HDMI slots.

I need HDMI anyway. I'm getting a PS3 and I want it to be all that it can be. :blink:

Yeah, the only thing that'd be noticably different on HDMI on a CRT would be a console or pc.

Yeah, the only thing that'd be noticably different on HDMI on a CRT would be a console or pc.

So despite being an analogue display format, an STB via Component would not be noticebly different to a STB via HDMI?

I'm not an expert on these matters but in my experience, and also from the extensive research I've done over the last few months, no, the difference is minor.

I'm not an expert on these matters but in my experience, and also from the extensive research I've done over the last few months, no, the difference is minor.

That's good to know I suppose. Thanks. :D

EDIT: I can't wait to get a refund and buy this TV. Then I'll never have to think of my Samsung piece of **** EVER AGAIN!!! And I'll be happy...at least for a while. :blink:

Hi everyone,

I've found this forum because I was researching the LG 32fs4d, and it seems that the tv is a bit of a flop, with the sync problem and units that have a major meltdown after a few weeks.

At 53kgs it weighs 17kg more than our 68cm CRT, which I thought was heavy enough! Getting it up the stairs of our Queenslander is going to be a nightmare and I don't want to have to get it down again in a hurry. So I want to know that the TV will be reliable...am I dreaming??

What's the advice? I don't want an LCD, picture quality is not good and plasma doesn't come small enough for us.

I was on the point of buying this LG, but have serious doubts now after reading this forum, even though it looked so good in the shop (Wow!!).

Help please!!

Great. Now thanks to dotty (no offence, you have raised valid points) I'm questioning the LG. Not so much because of the sync prob (if it's with the tuner, i'll get a STB to replace it), but with this "meltdown" thing.

What is the deal with that eh??

Great. Now thanks to dotty (no offence, you have raised valid points) I'm questioning the LG. Not so much because of the sync prob (if it's with the tuner, i'll get a STB to replace it), but with this "meltdown" thing.

What is the deal with that eh??

And what about the 32FS2ANB? people seem to be suggesting it as an alternative, but no-one actually reports on how it is going.....

It's a great unit really. Good PQ and inputs are ok. HDMI would have been good but oh well.

I'm having some issues with mine but I'm fairly certain I've just picked up a faulty set and there's not much you can do about that.

It's a great unit really. Good PQ and inputs are ok. HDMI would have been good but oh well.

I'm having some issues with mine but I'm fairly certain I've just picked up a faulty set and there's not much you can do about that.

what sort of issues?? I'm getting more and more nervous about buying one!! :blink:

I'm getting a bit of a distorted picture thing going on. TV was excellent out of the box, but after a couple of days the picture started getting a bit weird. It could be compared to watching a movie on a pc with poor compression, it mostly stands out on faces and when things are moving a lot.

I wouldn't be too concerned, I've mentioned it to Clive Peeters and I'll probably just get a replacement.

The TV is excellent.

I'm getting a bit of a distorted picture thing going on. TV was excellent out of the box, but after a couple of days the picture started getting a bit weird. It could be compared to watching a movie on a pc with poor compression, it mostly stands out on faces and when things are moving a lot.

I wouldn't be too concerned, I've mentioned it to Clive Peeters and I'll probably just get a replacement.

The TV is excellent.

Thanks for the help...as I said though, I'm not keen on taking the risk of having to replace it, given the stairs situation at our place.

I read about a similar fault earlier in this thread, was it you? or someone else? wish I could find it now.

I think you'll find it was a similar problem with the Samsung SlimFit.

I have not found anyone else who's had a problem with this set tho.

I've just been back to WoW! and had a good long look at the three models, also comparing them with the LCD's in the same size screen. To get the PQ equivalent in LCD you have to go up to a 42". LG has a nice one, but it is $2,999!

Not too keen on the LG non HD CRT, but that was possibly its signal source. The LG HD one had the sync problem which surprised the salesman. They stand there and look at them all day but never seem to turn on the sound! huh?

On the contrary, the Samsung one looked and sounded good (slightest flicker, but less than the LG) and is HD ready, HDMI etc

Just one salesman had sold 18 since September and had no returns on it.

Go figure....

I'm on the point of buying the Samsung unless someone convinces me otherwise :blink:

Both the LG models are HD.

The cheaper model simply is without an in-built HD tuner. The picture tube and picture quality on both is identical. The only difference, is the in-built HD tuner, and it causes sync problems. On a HD STB, the 32FS2ANB look's every bit as wonderful as the 32FS4D.

The ratio of people have problems with the samsung is way to high for me to purchase one. It's quite possible that there are many faulty units out there that people just don't realise that the TV doesn't look the way it's meant to.

That said, the decision is yours to make and I hope you're happy with your purchase regardless of what model you choose!

I'm facing a choice...again. Wait for Sammy CRT to be fixed, or raise money and buy this LG CRT. Any advice??

EDIT: Just read the manual for the 32FS4D. It has optical digital audio, which it's Samsung rival does not. I'd probably use that for a HD STB that can also do HDMI (unless a HDMI-connected HD STB also carries audio as well as video).

I finally got to turn on my 32fsanb yesterday. Took a bit of reading to understand the ramifications of setting certain certain options in the menus. LG like to have their quirky abbreviations :blink: , instead of using the widescreen to display real words. My first real view of the screen was to connect my Pioneer DVD Player via component out and watch a few scenes from Star Wars episode 1. PQ is fine so far. Experimented with the display settings (XD,Turbo etc) a little, but need some quality time to work it out. I gave away my SD STB to my Mother in law so she can watch SBS with a decent picture , so now I am waiting to get a LG HD STB to see how the DTV goes.....I note that some of the LG stb's can control some of the basic tv functions, so I can stow the tv remote. Will post more results when I get that puppy up and running... Fingers crossed I dont have to post any of these :P:P:D

Good luck ducmonster. May your LG bring you much happiness. I hope I can get one too and have it work better than my Samsung.

By the way, does the model without the HDTV tuner comes with a HDMI port?

can i say thanks to all the people who posted on here,

I was all set to buy one of those LGs as i liked the styling and PQ (the cheapest i got offered was 1150 by jb)

Good guys had them for 1100 then they had a 15% off sale and i was going to get one but they had raised the price so they could take 15% off (very sneaky) i should thank them for that as it stopped my buying one,

along with the people on here that said they were dodgy. so luckily i found a shop that still had a sony HX32 so i got that instead (if you think the LG is big and heavy you havent seen anything!) the size is worth it for the picture quality. (but it does have a few issues too)

Good luck ducmonster. May your LG bring you much happiness. I hope I can get one too and have it work better than my Samsung.

By the way, does the model without the HDTV tuner comes with a HDMI port?

No, thats one of the primary differences. No Inbuilt Tuner / No HDMI / No Dolby Digital(ac-3) etc

Styling is different as far as Screen Surround. Specs can be found on the LG website here for comparison. http://au.lge.com/md/product/prodcategoryl...categoryLevel=3

No, thats one of the primary differences. No Inbuilt Tuner / No HDMI / No Dolby Digital(ac-3) etc

Styling is different as far as Screen Surround. Specs can be found on the LG website here for comparison. http://au.lge.com/md/product/prodcategoryl...categoryLevel=3

Right then. I'll be after the 32FS4D. STILL $1299 at my local Myers. I really need that Commonwealth Bank low rate (yellow) credit card now. :blink:

Hi again,

I've taken the plunge and ordered my LG 32fs4d (for the sake of my husband who will only learn to use one remote) from GG at Mt Gravatt.

WoW! weren't interested in me on my second visit. The salesman at GG has had this model since September with NO issues! Even uses one of those $130 indoor aerials for digital TV. No lip-sync probs, and certainly the one on display in that store didn't have the problem either.

Also they reckon that LG does in house service calls due to the weight of the unit. I'll let you know how I go. Rather excited i must say!! Thanks for all the feedback and advice. :blink: for the moment!!

Also they reckon that LG does in house service calls due to the weight of the unit. I'll let you know how I go.

Yes, the do come to your place. However in my case both times they've taken my tv way for a week to "service" it. Although others have said that they have had firmware upgrades done at home ... maybe I'm just lucky. But having said that, it's a lot better than making me lug the thing downstairs to take it to the service centre! I'm going for third time lucky next week ... fingers crossed they fix ABC and SBS this time ...

Yes, the do come to your place. However in my case both times they've taken my tv way for a week to "service" it. Although others have said that they have had firmware upgrades done at home ... maybe I'm just lucky. But having said that, it's a lot better than making me lug the thing downstairs to take it to the service centre! I'm going for third time lucky next week ... fingers crossed they fix ABC and SBS this time ...

Let us know waht version your firmware is, and how you check it. (I assume its the menu/menu thing, but can be told different)