Sign in to follow this  
mrpickle

Lg 76cm Super Slim Crt Tv With Inbuilt Hd Tuner - 32fs4d

I have now contacted LG with this sync problem on this 32FS4D and they know about it,they gave me there repair centre and they will fix with firmware update

That's interesting, because the LG phone-jockey I got this afternoon said it was a very strange problem and probably just a one-off. I opted for a refund because of the other posts about the sync issue in this thread.

I'm tempted to grab the LG 32FS2ANB, which has no in-built tuner, but does have 100hz, for $999 rrp. Does anyone else have one of these sets?

Go on Nobby, put me out of my misery. What's the ramifications of this?

Well its just that the TV is 'stripping' the HDCP protection into an analog feed in the unit.

yep just got one and i have the lip sync problem......also can anyone confirm that the 32fs4d is 100hz and progressive scan like the other model (32fs2anb,no hd tuner) coz in the manual its got something about being able to select 100hz on the tv setup menu but when you go there its blanked out ....i think i rushed into this....what about the hd tuner thing thast other guy was talking about,is the inbuilt tuner inferior to an external stb, i havent got the resources to do an A/B but i will be extremely dissapointed if this is the case...yours bassface

P.S im new to STBees and digital tv but can someone tell me if its normal to have the tv react so slowly to a channel change, like to change from ch 7 to ch 9 takes about 3 or 4 sec is this normal , are other external STBees quicker?

ok update to my last post ...after talking with the lg guy on the phone he confirmed with the in house techs that the in built tuner is NOT capable of producing true 1080i HD picture (dont ask me the tech side but thats what he said) he also confirmed that the tuner is the same technology as the one mentioned in that other guys post, also the lip sync issue is something they are aware of( firmware patch). i have since returned my 32fs4d and got the 32fs2anb with a teac hdb 820 hd stb...the picture looks (to my untrained eye) noticably clearer in 1080i and the channel switching is much faster and NO lip sybncing issues .the only thing i miss out on is the HDMI input and the extra component input......ps i got conflicting responese as to wether the 32fs4d is indeed 100hz progressive scan....good luck

i got conflicting responese as to wether the 32fs4d is indeed 100hz progressive scan....

Well, if you ask me, I'd suggest that it isn't 100hz, because my wife and I both noticed the flicker on the set - it did tend to be a little distracting. Although it might just be that our eyes were spoilt with our Loewe 100hz CRT for so long...

The 32fs2anb + Teac HD stb combo sounds pretty good. Can I ask how much the Teac is? I might go for the same combo - I'll give it a week so you can report any issues before I take the plunge :blink:

he also confirmed that the tuner is the same technology as the one mentioned in that other guys post, also the lip sync issue is something they are aware of( firmware patch).

So seeing its a firmware problem can that easily be fixed? Cause this set still looks like the best CRT out there with the amound of inputs it has.

Also if anyone has got it fixed yet can they reply here with how they got it fixed, or has anyone bought the set with the updated firmware already on there and no lip sync problem?

The 32fs2anb + Teac HD stb combo sounds pretty good. Can I ask how much the Teac is? I might go for the same combo - I'll give it a week so you can report any issues before I take the plunge :blink:

I think its around $500 for there latest HD model from doing an internet search. may be cheaper in the shops.

Have had firmware done on this television am waiting to see how it is ABC is still a problem but it could be that station so far all others good but will look again tonight .. this television is the answer for me in my lounge no lcd /plasma problems very good picture no blurr contrast excellent,for me this Crt is for the moneyvery good, not willing to pay twice the price or more for nothing better if you can like me fit it in to your space in your room and still looks like latest slimscreen why not? comments?regards Tick

ok update to my last post ...after talking with the lg guy on the phone he confirmed with the in house techs that the in built tuner is NOT capable of producing true 1080i HD picture (dont ask me the tech side but thats what he said) he also confirmed that the tuner is the same technology as the one mentioned in that other guys post, also the lip sync issue is something they are aware of( firmware patch). i have since returned my 32fs4d and got the 32fs2anb with a teac hdb 820 hd stb...the picture looks (to my untrained eye) noticably clearer in 1080i and the channel switching is much faster and NO lip sybncing issues .the only thing i miss out on is the HDMI input and the extra component input......ps i got conflicting responese as to wether the 32fs4d is indeed 100hz progressive scan....good luck

The tuner probably can produce a 1080i stream but the the TV has to render it down to 576p for the picture tube.

If I remember rightly from when I was looking at panasonic CRTs a year or so back the pana TVs could only do 100Hz when being fed by a 576i signal. If they were fed a 576p signal they reverted to 50Hz. Maybe the same for this set?

The tuner probably can produce a 1080i stream but the the TV has to render it down to 576p for the picture tube.

If I remember rightly from when I was looking at panasonic CRTs a year or so back the pana TVs could only do 100Hz when being fed by a 576i signal. If they were fed a 576p signal they reverted to 50Hz. Maybe the same for this set?

Had a look at one of the slim line LG'S yesterday.I have to say that although it was a very pretty looking set physically the picture was awful ,full of digital artifacts very unnatural colour very noisy picture.Now I was looking at it in HN so god knows how it was connected and probably in no way calibrated but it didn't change my mind about LG crt tv's ,I have had 6 through my hands and they all had some major picture problems simmilar to above.I would be putting one of these sets through very rigourous testing before shelling out any hard earned cash on one.

Gordon

Please recheck what you were looking at at normans, there is NO way this is what picture I get , in fact in my view better than any LCD AT HALF THE PRICE please have a relook ..

i'm a bit new to all this stuff. so hope you can help.

this tv has an inbuilt HD tuner so does that mean i

record on to my dvd recorder in HD or SD straight from the tv.

not needing a set top box.

thanks

doggett6

LG 32fs4d

76cm Super Slim Crt Tv With Inbuilt Hd Tuner

below: scan of lg catalodge for this tv model

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/2035/lg...im32fs4dsc9.jpg

also 1080i compatible according to "the good guys" catalodge

● 76cm (32")

● Super slim (395mm depth)

● In-built HD Tuner

● 1080i combatible

● New XD Engine

● Progressive Scan ● Sound Output 10W X 2 (AVL, SRS)

● Real Stereo ● Teletext ● Child Lock ● Sleep Timer

● HDMI / Component(2) / AV Input / S-Video Input ● Weight : 53Kg

● Dimension(WxDxH) : 898 X 403.5 X 575(mm) ● Barcode : 8801031463329

price around $1299 AU

The things that stick out for me are the In-built HD Tuner, 1080i combatible and HDMI input

Just wondering if anyone has the set and what they think of it?

Is there any advantages over having an LCD or Plasma over a CRT?

And does anyone know if this set has HDCP?

Have had firmware done on this television am waiting to see how it is ABC is still a problem but it could be that station so far all others good but will look again tonight .. this television is the answer for me in my lounge no lcd /plasma problems very good picture no blurr contrast excellent,for me this Crt is for the moneyvery good, not willing to pay twice the price or more for nothing better if you can like me fit it in to your space in your room and still looks like latest slimscreen why not? comments?regards Tick

im verytinterested to know the outcome of the knew firmware update.

would also like to know was it updated at your place or at the store/repair shop.

i have paid $150 deposit and am waiting for stock to come in,should i leave it at the

hn store to be fixed,or take it home to find out myself (we can only receive sd in the country).

maybe i should just get my money back. but it did look the best buy at $1100 cash.

yes done at home all ok so far other than as already said early on Abc still slow but only that one, it could be just the station.. any comments from any body re ABC?

I was planning to buy this unit on Saturday!

Lucky I did a research on it and found this forum to look at.

I wonder if new stock has eliminated the sync issue?

Has anyone looked at the SAMSUNG WS32Z40HN

This doesnt have built in tuner but seems pretty good with true 100hz and HDMI

Can always get a seperate HD stb later.

Anyone??

Or even the LG 32Fsanb?? with a seperate HD STB.

also can anyone confirm that the 32fs4d is 100hz and progressive scan like the other model (32fs2anb,no hd tuner) coz in the manual its got something about being able to select 100hz on the tv setup menu but when you go there its blanked out

Hey. Just looking at the manual at http://au.lge.com/md/product/sidemenuBoard...odelCode=32FS4D

and according to it, it does have 100hz but not 100% sure if it really does.

Says

Display Mode

It’s not available to use this function in AV 60Hz, Digital mode.

1. Press the MENU button and then ^ / v button to select the

Special menu.

2. Press the > button and then use ^ / v button to select

Display Mode.

3. Press the > button and then use ^ / v button to select 100Hz

or 50Hz.

4. Press the OK or < button.

5. Press EXIT button to return to normal TV viewing.

Hey. Just wondering how you got the repair guy out. Did you ring up LG and they send out a guy or did u ring the store and they sent a guy? Also am guessing it didn't cost you anything seeing its under warrenty?

Hi. Neither the owner's manual or anything I've located tells what the CRT is other than "Slim".

I am thinking the new LG-Philips Displays - 32" SuperSlim RealFlat Cybertube model W76ERS012X, announced in January 2006, is in this 32FS4D TV. Can anyone confrm that, by looking at your TV set or whatever?

I'm actually looking to do product research on the tube (W76ERS012X) - and am willing to get the TV since I cannot find the tube sold at replacement parts outlets. (OR) Would anyone know where to purchase an LG-P W76ERS012X CRT, or to find out what model brands TV sets have it!?? Thanks (OK to email me at jkorobow ((--at--)) comcast ((-dot--) net if you wish.

THANKS!!

My girlfriend received this model for free as a replacement model for Wide screen Phillips TV. Regarding the 100Hz, she has the same flickering and I see no way how to set it on 100Hz.

I connected her old SD box (costs $89 few months ago in Myer) with S-VHS and the picture was much better than the internal tuner HD or SD. There was NO flickering at all and the picture was sharper.

LG - Shame on you for releasing partly working product ! :blink::D

Looks like a recurring problem. I have also bought a LG 76cm HDTD (CRT) and have the same out of sinc issue. Seems to only happen on HD channels but I am testing the digital channels. I suppose buying an external box will fix it as well as being able to tape digitally on the vcr.

I suppose buying an external box will fix it as well as being able to tape digitally on the vcr.

Don't put up with it that easily. Call LG, get a tech out, who will do a firmware update. They are aware of the problem.

tick,

I take it this means you're still not totally happy with it.....

Hi all, I've been trying to decide between the LG and Samsung slim fit...

I was in Harvey Norman last week and they had the LG model with inbuilt HD tuner on display next to the slim fit Samsung WS32Z40HN (same size but without inbuilt tuner).

I noticed that the LG had a slight shimmer when looking at certain scenes, especially with large white/light coloured areas. They had the news showing, on the LG there was a very noticable shimmer on the "Ten news" watermark and text at the bottom of the screen, whereas the Samsung was dead still.

Had a look at the back of the Samsung and it was hooked up to a HD box via component, I'm guessing it could only look better hooked up via HDMI?!

Went back on the weekend to have another look and the football was on. The two sets looked almost the same, but could still notice a very slight shimmer in certain spots on the LG.

The sales assistant said they could do $960 on the Samsung (ticket price was $1099), and JB hi-fi have an el cheapo brand HD box with HDMI input for about $200. So I'm leaning towards that option.

Hope that helps for anyone who was looking for feedback on the Samsung!

Same audio sync issue with my tv ... thought it was the old sound system I was using, but the same thing happens using the tv's own speakers.

I also have a problem with the picture. The picture on the right hand side (about 5cm from the edge) is getting squashed. Noticed it the other night when text was scrolling across the bottom of the screen, the letters where very narrow and gradually got wider until they got about 5cm onto the screen, then they trundled across the screen happily without changing size. Looked like they were marching in from the back of the screen, round the corner and then across the screen. Very strange - has anyone else had this issue or am I just lucky. I'm going to get the tech to look at it when they come out to do the firmware upgrade.

I am very pleased with LG 32FS4D there is no shimmering on screen Unless all contrast, edge enhancements and all that would be switched on to add or subtract the impression the dealer would want to do at that time or didnt know how to set up maybe? Any case I took all settings when out of the box and halved nearly all settings as this is a very clear picture .. I think on memory 50 contrast 50 brightness, this is not LCD and does not need to worry about shadow in dimlit parts of film and blacks ARE Black etc.......Just going back as said before am waiting re sync problem as I have had firmware done and all seems ok but had not time to see as some channels were not good but others were so can not be this tele?

My other 44inch does the same sometimes in other room... this Lg is the answer for my lounge at half the price!

Don't put up with it that easily. Call LG, get a tech out, who will do a firmware update. They are aware of the problem.

yes I have contacted LG and they have admitted "some issues" so a tech will be coming out to do the fimware upgrade. I hope this fixes the problem because I dont want to lug the tv back to the store. Good guys will take back the tv if within 2 weeks. I thought an inbuilt tuner would be the way to go but maybe not. Can't tape digital and if something goes wrong the whole tv has to be looked at!