Lg 76cm Super Slim Crt Tv With Inbuilt Hd Tuner - 32fs4d

LG 32FS4D Slim CRT

NO START UP - I bought my LG 32fs4d in June 07 and had to have it taken away for a week to the workshop because I couldn't start it up just 6 months later. It kept making a clicking noise.

NO SOUND - Now exactly another 6 months later, the sound has been intermittently been going off last week. Now there is no sound at all. Love this TV, but I'm NOT a happy customer! It's just been picked up and taken away for possibly 2 weeks ....that's twice in 12 months!!!!! I thought CRT's have been around long enough to have no problems, that's why I bought it.

Anyone else experience the sound thing?

Marianne

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LG 32FS4D Slim CRT

NO START UP - I bought my LG 32fs4d in June 07 and had to have it taken away for a week to the workshop because I couldn't start it up just 6 months later. It kept making a clicking noise.

NO SOUND - Now exactly another 6 months later, the sound has been intermittently been going off last week. Now there is no sound at all. Love this TV, but I'm NOT a happy customer! It's just been picked up and taken away for possibly 2 weeks ....that's twice in 12 months!!!!! I thought CRT's have been around long enough to have no problems, that's why I bought it.

Anyone else experience the sound thing?

Marianne

The no start up happened to me too with the clicking noises

• 1 month later...
Guest dotty

So this forum is still going!! can't believe it!

I posted on about page 8 when I was considering getting the LG 32fs4d.

We've had it for just over 2 years, with the usual sync problems, freezing etc. Sync was never fixed by upgrades (though the freezing was), but as we watch it through the IQ box, not such a big deal. Face melt is still there, the techs all thought I was mad. Blamed Foxtel, but I'm pretty certain it isn't that.

Now for the latest....

4 days ago, I turned it on, and it wouldn't come out of standby, with the clicking noise that has been mentioned before, also an electrical smell....

It is now outside the manufacturer's 2 year warranty period but luckily (?) I have extended warranty with my visa gold card.

I'm pretty upset as now there's going to be a lot of stuffing around, and no TV for weeks.

Has anyone else had similar experiences? ie. extended warranty repair on such a major fault...any chance they'll say it's too hard and give me a replacement?

Hope to get some feedback...

Edited by dotty

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

• 3 months later...