Lg 76cm Super Slim Crt Tv With Inbuilt Hd Tuner - 32fs4d

*stares blankly at Nefarious' post, then...*

So that means "LG 32FS4D + Phillips DTR7200 via HDMI + Digital Attenna" = no lip sync issue! (in addition to very impressive HD picture quality)

Thanks. This is my other choice to it's Samsung rival. With this info, perhaps now my home theatre plans can move forward a little.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there, first question as well. Same dilema, tv gone, need replacement,

Given that I have foxtel and rarely watch the commercial stations except through the foxtel box/av amp, I assume (and this is the part I'm unclear on) that the HDtuner isn't used therefore the problems such as lip sync as described in past posts won't be an issue.

Second and last. Is there any advantage then on the hdtuner model vs the non hdtuner model given that it is cheaper apart from the HDMI connection.

Its seems a common trend, I too looked up the tv reference and came here. At least the comments are realistic rather than the glossy reviews about products.

Any feedback would be good because as of late I've got that lemon touch.

cheers

rojac

Guest ducmonster
The issue is with the inbuilt tuner. If you're not using it, then you avoid the issue. SD or HD.

I chose the 32fsanb for this reason and have been very happy with the Picture Quality.

I dont have HDMI, but Component is fine for me. Currently getting MCE2005 to drive the Unit.

When the right resolution is set, the screen is sharp and the colour by my eyes is great.

At 860 bucks, I can spend the difference on HTPC components. :blink:

My patience over the return of my brand-new Samsung WS CRT is dangling over a cliff filled with molten magma! That's how infuriated I am. (still gonna call 'em tommorow and bug the **** out of them for a finalized date!)

So anyhoo, if anyone can tell me where I could possibly get this for under $1000, please let me know.

EDIT: ****** damn Samsung are slooooow! The repair shop said their boss called Samsung, and they replied they are "still assessing" what to do and when they have, they'll call the customer - me, and tell me what's on offer.

Right, I've almost had it! It's time to make plans to buy the LG 32FS4D! Definite ones! I cannot wait any ****** longer!!

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had 3 of these in the last 3 weeks. All of them out of the box had two faint lines at the bottom of the screen.

Hardly noticeable but is more distinctive when viewing between changing channels. It shows up more with dark colours.

Also the tv shows up dark yellowy-green discolouration on the right side of the screen particularly late at night.

I'm hoping that it my just be a bad batch as the tv's came from the same store. Has anybody else had this type of problem?

Samsung incured my wrath today! They told me that the parts necessary to repair my TV are being ordered AGAIN!!! At that point I was so ****ing infuriated that I said "thanks for nothing" and hung up on the *****.

With an external HDSTB, this LG will hopefully turn out to be a better TV than the Samsung could ever hope to be!!!

Now I just need to convince my Mum to get both the TV and STB for me. :blink:

EDIT: I want Samsung DEAD! They've stuffed me around too much, AND FOR 2 ****** MONTHS!!! I told them I want it back within a week, but I doubt that they will do it. They're more mean and cruel than Centrelink! I ****** hate you Samsung! Give me my ****** TV back NOW!!

I chose the 32fsanb for this reason and have been very happy with the Picture Quality.

I dont have HDMI, but Component is fine for me. Currently getting MCE2005 to drive the Unit.

When the right resolution is set, the screen is sharp and the colour by my eyes is great.

At 860 bucks, I can spend the difference on HTPC components. :blink:

I've got it too. Although I just had to wait six weeks for Clive Peeters' repairer to tell me they can't find anything wrong with it. Six ****ing weeks. Then they tell me I was looking to closely and nitpicking. Well excuse me! I'm sorry if I want to make the $900 I've spent worthwhile. Useless ****s.

Anyway, can you give me an idea of the settings you're using to make it look the best. I'm very inexperience when it comes to this sort of set up thing.

Thanks in advance.

Hmm...how close do you normally sit to the screen?

How far I sit from the screen is irrelevant, my point is that the lines are hardly noticeable until you stand close, change the the channel to see it. FYI, I sit a good 2 metres or more away when watching.

manbitesdog, just read through the thread from the start. I think it downsamples when receiving 1080 broadcast. There are not many sets out there including plasma and lcd that does 1080 natively, unless you fork out 4-6k.

hey guys, this is the first time i have posted, hence the n00b, and i have a few questions i want someone to answer for me:

- im looking at the LG 32FS2ANB and have seen it for $899. Anyone know of it anywhere cheaper?

- the main things the tv will be used for is to watch tv (ive never had HD tv so im not sure if i will be bother), watching dvds and most importantly hooking my xbox 360 up to.

so, in terms of hooking my xbox 360 up, is ita problem that this tv does not have an HDMI input, whatever the hell that is? i would be grateful if someone could actually tell me what practical uses HDMI has, ie what devices use it.

while i'm at it, i havent necessarily made my mind up on this tv so if anyone has any suggestions as to another that would suit my above needs then please let me know. im looking to spend $1000 max

cheers guys

one more thing, will i be able to plug a dvd player, my 360 into the back of this? ideally i also want to run the sound through some external speakers, is this all possible?

one more thing, will i be able to plug a dvd player, my 360 into the back of this? ideally i also want to run the sound through some external speakers, is this all possible?

HDMI is used by:

- the Playstation 3

- bluray players

- some HD set top boxes

- some DVD players

That's all the devices I know of that use it. Xbox 360 does not use HDMI either. Use Component for that - it's the best analog signal there is. Trust me, you'll notice it. :blink:

(PS. My TV will be back with me in 7-10 days, according to a phonecall I got about it. Yay!)

EDIT: The TV you're after has about 2-3 Component inputs, so yes, your DVD player and 360 will fit.

Guest ducmonster
- im looking at the LG 32FS2ANB and have seen it for $899. Anyone know of it anywhere cheaper?

I got my 32fsanb at JB for 860 ... have to go in hard though.... walk out etc....

The set only has one component input and 3 composite inputs.

It's a great set for the price and the PQ is very good. $899 is a good price. I paid $940 for mine with the extended warranty, while I know it's a little more than others have paid I have to balance the fact that I'm 550k's from melbourne so factoring in travel I've done alright!

forgive the ignorance, what is the difference between a component input and a composite input? which is the standard red yellow and white plugs?

and another question! will the tv play my 360 at the 1080i resolution? i wanna make sure it will look amazing!

Composite is the yellow, red and white connection. Also called RCA.

Component is Red, Green and Blue video connector, and a separate red and white audio connector.

The 360 will look good through the tv. Very good. It won't display it at 1080, as it's native resolution is 1280 x 720. So it'll do a 720p image, which will look marvellous. It's 1080 display is simulated, so it's just scaled down.