Lg 76cm Super Slim Crt Tv With Inbuilt Hd Tuner - 32fs4d

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

forgoing the audio sync issues with the HD tuner, what about the PQ etc on the Lgs?

PQ is v good. And lots of inputs. 3 composite (inc 2 S-vid), 2 components and 1 HDMI/DVI.

Sound quality is not too shabby either.

Hello All,

I just bought this TV and I'm having a problem with it.

When in 4:3 mode, the vertical black bars seem a little bit "wavy".

Also, when in 16:9 the image seems to be clearer towards the centre of the screen, and it looks blurry on the sides.

This is more noticeable whilst looking at letters or subtitles. Subtitles located at the side look blurry, whilst subtitles at the centre look crisp and clear.

I thought this was input specific, but this happens with my XBOX (simply connected via composite AV) and my DVD player (Connected via Component cable).

I don't think this is normal, is it? is there a way to adjust it or should I go and get an exchange? has anyone noticed this?

I live in Mexico btw, and still need to look into tuning HDTV channels, since we only have a couple of those in here.

Thanks!!

A belated welcome to the forum. :blink:

Focus and screen geometry problems are always going to be an issue with most CRT televisions. You are unlikely to get a perfect set. You should always expect to get a sharper image in the centre of your screen and a bit of softness in the corners. Bowed lines on the bottom of the screen are a common issue with many brands.

That said, your TV sounds worse than usual. You can't really adjust anything to overcome the problems you mention. As CRT TV's have become slimmer, focus has become more of a problem.

Take it back and get a new one. Tell the store you are unhappy with the image and can't read subtitles properly.

The new set is unlikely to be any worse!

What is the best way to check the version of the tuner?

checking the service menu (menu on the remote and menu on the tv for 5 secs)

and mine comes up as

CPU Ver: 3.04.0

MIC Ver: V3.00

Shogun III had before had CPU Ver: 3.02.0

After watching a bit of TV last night, I haven't noticed sync issues on the commercial channels, and since this channel is new, and almost straight from LG, it might have the latest firmware?

LG 32fs4d

76cm Super Slim Crt Tv With Inbuilt Hd Tuner

below: scan of lg catalodge for this tv model

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/2035/lg...im32fs4dsc9.jpg

also 1080i compatible according to "the good guys" catalodge

● 76cm (32")

● Super slim (395mm depth)

● In-built HD Tuner

● 1080i combatible

● New XD Engine

● Progressive Scan ● Sound Output 10W X 2 (AVL, SRS)

● Real Stereo ● Teletext ● Child Lock ● Sleep Timer

● HDMI / Component(2) / AV Input / S-Video Input ● Weight : 53Kg

● Dimension(WxDxH) : 898 X 403.5 X 575(mm) ● Barcode : 8801031463329

price around $1299 AU

The things that stick out for me are the In-built HD Tuner, 1080i combatible and HDMI input

Just wondering if anyone has the set and what they think of it?

Is there any advantages over having an LCD or Plasma over a CRT?

And does anyone know if this set has HDCP?

I know this may be 4 months overdue but don't bother with this Television, we've had three in the past month and we're still not satisified with the quality, tube issues and lip sinking issues! STAY CLEAR!

Hey guys, just a few comments about the Samsung Slimfit.

I bought one of these about 6 months ago (without the inbuilt HD Tuner) which is still being sold, and all i can say is, it's fantastic!

I am using a Humax HD STB via Component, and it really is a great picture..much better than LCDs iv'e seen.

The tv cost $990, and the STB $349 from Good Guys, plus i got a 3 year extended warranty.

This unit has performed flawlessly, with the only issue (if you can call it one) being a very MINOR geometry one..but all CRTs have some geometry issues.

Sorry that you guys are having some problems, also hope you don't mind me posting on this LG thread, but some of you have discussed the Samsung, albeit the HD tuner model.

BTW,this model slimfit looks more like Plasma/LCD than a CRT, but it is still quite heavy.

I know this may be 4 months overdue but don't bother with this Television, we've had three in the past month and we're still not satisified with the quality, tube issues and lip sinking issues! STAY CLEAR!

and what other choice is there for a crt?

there is the 2 lgs and a samsung.

or wait 3 years for lcds to be good enough for gaming.

Hey guys, just a few comments about the Samsung Slimfit.

I bought one of these about 6 months ago (without the inbuilt HD Tuner) which is still being sold, and all i can say is, it's fantastic!

I am using a Humax HD STB via Component, and it really is a great picture..much better than LCDs iv'e seen.

The tv cost $990, and the STB $349 from Good Guys, plus i got a 3 year extended warranty.

This unit has performed flawlessly, with the only issue (if you can call it one) being a very MINOR geometry one..but all CRTs have some geometry issues.

Sorry that you guys are having some problems, also hope you don't mind me posting on this LG thread, but some of you have discussed the Samsung, albeit the HD tuner model.

BTW,this model slimfit looks more like Plasma/LCD than a CRT, but it is still quite heavy.

Spot on. I've got the same set (without the HD tuner). It is just beautiful to watch. I also agree that it looks a lot like a plasma or LCD, and yes, it is heavy. I nearly broke my big toe getting it out of the box and lifting it 4 feet up to get it on the bench.

Spot on. I've got the same set (without the HD tuner). It is just beautiful to watch. I also agree that it looks a lot like a plasma or LCD, and yes, it is heavy. I nearly broke my big toe getting it out of the box and lifting it 4 feet up to get it on the bench.

so are we any closer to knowing which one to avoid? LG is good, LG is ****, Samsung is good, Samsung is ****, so which of the posters work for these companies? :blink:

Hahaha. It's a bit like that isn't it.

I have no particular interest in either brand. :blink: I avoided the samsung because of the problem wrangler had with it, as well as finding out that a great many other people had the same problem.

I looked at the LG and decided against it because of the out of sync issues that people were having, good PQ notwithstanding, I'm not watching something that the audio is out on. Then I discovered the LG WITHOUT the HD tuner built in. Which is what I bought. I did not find one review or thread on any forum or website that was not positive. Albeit I only found a handful of reviews but they were still all good. I looked at both the Samsung and the LG side by side, found the general consensus that the Samsung is no good to be correct, and picked the LG.

I'm a normal bloke with a tight string from my missus' hands attached my wallet. I work for the government, which means while I COULD theoretically purchase a 50 inch plasma, I don't need it, as I've got lots of more important things to shell out for.

I can't imagine anyone who would want to purchase the Samsung, based on the number of people that have had very serious problems that even a new set hasn't resolved.

I have no particular interest in either brand. :blink: I avoided the samsung because of the problem wrangler had with it, as well as finding out that a great many other people had the same problem.

I looked at the LG and decided against it because of the out of sync issues that people were having, good PQ notwithstanding, I'm not watching something that the audio is out on. Then I discovered the LG WITHOUT the HD tuner built in. Which is what I bought. I did not find one review or thread on any forum or website that was not positive. Albeit I only found a handful of reviews but they were still all good. I looked at both the Samsung and the LG side by side, found the general consensus that the Samsung is no good to be correct, and picked the LG.

I'm a normal bloke with a tight string from my missus' hands attached my wallet. I work for the government, which means while I COULD theoretically purchase a 50 inch plasma, I don't need it, as I've got lots of more important things to shell out for.

I can't imagine anyone who would want to purchase the Samsung, based on the number of people that have had very serious problems that even a new set hasn't resolved.

yeh, i think you just solved my dilema, i thought you were talking about the samsung when you said you got the without HD tuner tv, but i was strongly considering the LG without tuner and now, yes thats the answer

I got a toppy and they are awesome tuners, so im not worried about inbuilt ones..

cheers!.

I have no particular interest in either brand. :D I avoided the samsung because of the problem wrangler had with it, as well as finding out that a great many other people had the same problem.

Some confusion here..i was talking about the SAMSUNG AND NOT THE LG.

FYI, The Samsung(without inbuilt HD) is a very good unit as i stated..it's appearance imo is a lot better than the LG. Also, i would NOT purchase anything made by LG..l know too many people with problems with their Lucky Goldairs! :blink:

First off this is my very first post so bear with me as I have a great story about this TV! :blink:

The LG TV is fantastic. The Picture quality is very good and the sound is pretty good as well. I have absolutely no sync issues like the users above. Maybe I’m lucky or they are just unlucky, I don’t know.

The input options are great and the HDMI is an excellent bonus. Now I’m not sure what most people paid for this TV but I scored it for $900 DELIVERED!!!

I first saw the unit at the Good Guys in Thomastown (Melb) with a sticker price of $1200. After receiving no service I went across the road to CP. They had the same TV with a $1500 sticker price. I told the sales guy that GG offered me a $1050 price. CP then offered me $945. I thought wow that was almost too easy so I told him to make it an even $900 delivered and he had a deal. He agreed and the paper work was done. :P

HOWEVER……………..They delivered the wrong TV. The LG without the tuner inside. I called them and actually had to go back to the store and speak with the manager. The manager realised that the sales rep was dealing with the wrong stock code. The Manager then tells me that he can not offer me the correct TV at the $900 price. He gave me the option of paying $1045 or to get a refund. I refused both options and told him that it was their mistake and they had to make it right. He eventually agreed and the CORRECT TV was delivered.

A great TV at a great price. :D

Guest ducmonster

Just Picked up the 32FSANB yesterday from JB. Got em down to 860 after Hardly Normal refused to go below 897(said it wasnt worth his while :blink: ). After reading about the audio Sync Issues with the 4d, and given I'll probably setup a Shuttle PC/MCE with DVB-T to drive the signal I decided it wasnt worth the extra to pay. Once I have re-engineerd the Ikea cabinet to hanlde the 50kg's (my wife nearly blew a gasket helping me lift it out of the car) and set it up I'll report my findings....

Just wanted to FYI the price out to everyone at this stage. :D

I think I want one of these rather than it's Samsung rival. My Sammy STILL isn't back from the shop.

I'm sure the LG handles unshielded things as much as any CRT, but I haven't seen any posts here noting them (and colour patches, grrr).

As for the inbuilt HDTV tuner not working 100%, that wouldn't be a problem. Because I intend to get an external HDTV STB anyway (one with HDMI). I remember from a previous post an external STB would have no lip-sync probs with this TV.

I'm having an issue with my 32FSANB. I've spoken with wrangler and I think it's the same issue he had with him Samsung (the melting faces thing)

The TV was perfect for the first couple of days. But then it's started doing this weird sort of melty, frame dropping type thing. It actually looks like a poor quality LCD. Static images are crystal clear, but when things are moving it's so painful to watch. I pretty much can't watch the TV now because I am constantly looking at the problem.

I've spoken to Clive Peeters about it and hopefully should have it resolved soon. Thankfully tho I've not heard of anyone else having a similar problem so it should be a once off.

I'd be guessing around $1100 will be the best you'll get.

$900 ish seems to be the best you'll get the 32FS for and based on the minor differences, i.e the HD tuner you'll be looking a a couple of hundgy more.

900/1100 would be worth it I think. Throughout the topic on this TV I've never see ANY mention of hot spots (the problem I've had with my Sammy). Only problem I've seen is with the TV's inbuilt HDTV tuner, which can be negated by using an external STB.

900/1100 would be worth it I think. Throughout the topic on this TV I've never see ANY mention of hot spots (the problem I've had with my Sammy). Only problem I've seen is with the TV's inbuilt HDTV tuner, which can be negated by using an external STB.

Pretty much, although I don't think an HDMI input is worth the extra cost. Even with a HD Stb, the difference b/n HDMI and Component will be very minor.

Pretty much, although I don't think an HDMI input is worth the extra cost. Even with a HD Stb, the difference b/n HDMI and Component will be very minor.

That's what a HDMI Switchbox or A/V Receiver is for my friend. To extend the number of HDMI slots.

I need HDMI anyway. I'm getting a PS3 and I want it to be all that it can be. :blink:

had my 32fs4d for exactly 14 days now. Its stuffed already. The standby keeps flashing and the tv just wont kick over. Any ideas of what it could be. I just want to take it back and get my money but god damn its a heavy unit... Great TV up untill now tho.

had my 32fs4d for exactly 14 days now. Its stuffed already. The standby keeps flashing and the tv just wont kick over. Any ideas of what it could be. I just want to take it back and get my money but god damn its a heavy unit... Great TV up untill now tho.