Lg 76cm Super Slim Crt Tv With Inbuilt Hd Tuner - 32fs4d

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things got from bad to worse.

The TV just locked itself on Channel 6 and after displaying a still pic for few minutes it turns itself off. No bottons on the TV or the remote has any influence on this problem.

The TV is 7 days old...

hi, this is my first post, im writing as i found this site looking for ways to try and fix my 2 hour old LG 32fs4d widescreen telly. im pissed off cause i paid $1150 this arv from harvey's and i no sooner had it home plugged in the power and the aerial and now its f$$king frozen!!

the thing now only lets me turn it on and off, and mine too is stuck on ch6 "prime gold coast digital" what the hell? now im pissed of the most because there is no a/s service or contacts to have this prob fixed, and im sur when i go th h/n tomorrow thet'll tell me to piss of and come back monday! well i want to watch the GF on a brand new telly tomorrow nite thats half the reason i bought it. why does it do this? i need ammo when i go down there tomorrow cause i want to walk out of there with a new telly or im gunna cause a scene!

hi, this is my first post, im writing as i found this site looking for ways to try and fix my 2 hour old LG 32fs4d widescreen telly. im pissed off cause i paid $1150 this arv from harvey's and i no sooner had it home plugged in the power and the aerial and now its f$$king frozen!!

the thing now only lets me turn it on and off, and mine too is stuck on ch6 "prime gold coast digital" what the hell? now im pissed of the most because there is no a/s service or contacts to have this prob fixed, and im sur when i go th h/n tomorrow thet'll tell me to piss of and come back monday! well i want to watch the GF on a brand new telly tomorrow nite thats half the reason i bought it. why does it do this? i need ammo when i go down there tomorrow cause i want to walk out of there with a new telly or im gunna cause a scene!

Well, I have good news for you:

I removed the plug from the wall for 3 hours and... when I switched it on it was working again.

That bloody thing reminds me the old digital STB that were freezing from time to time. The unfreezing in the old STB's was just by unplugging them for few seconds but in this case it did not help. It only fixed itself after few hours...

fafot

My girlfriend received this model for free as a replacement model for Wide screen Phillips TV. Regarding the 100Hz, she has the same flickering and I see no way how to set it on 100Hz.

I connected her old SD box (costs $89 few months ago in Myer) with S-VHS and the picture was much better than the internal tuner HD or SD. There was NO flickering at all and the picture was sharper.

LG - Shame on you for releasing partly working product ! :blink::D

I note this is merely an "HD ready" product.

Even "actual HD" crt tv's struggle to provide 100Hz at 1080i. They are usually capable of 100Hz at SD scan rates of 576 horizontal lines interlaced (i.e a doubling of the scan rate telecast), but often for the high definition format of 1080 interlaced they can only manage 50Hz (i.e. the actual scan rate telecast).

However, it appears the set you are talking about has issues that go beyond this.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought this tv two weeks ago...24 september from The Good Guys Robina..Gold Coast

Its FANTASTIC!!!

had an electronic expert set it up with our dvd surround sound..and WOW!!

he's got it, so u can listen to the tv/dvd/video thru the 5 surround sound speakers + subwoofer + two tv speakers ( which u can adjust the treble/bass etc)...incredible movie theatre sound...even with just the tv speakers working..the way the sound is..it seperates the background sound from the speach and sound doesnt blurr etc..a problem older tvs have with the newer tv shows 'realistic' sounds

u have approx 6 color scheme choices + u can create ur own..theres two 'user' choices to do this

also 1 user choice for sound..again u have approx 6 sound choices eg movie, sport...

just let ur tv automatically set up the channels, u cant do too much with that..just write down the numbers + stations..easy

the expert we had, said, dont buy lcd, plasma, rear projector etc...after 1 -2 years things always go wrong and in the small print of the warrenty, it doesnt cover what usually goes wrong eg tube in the rear projector etc..crts have a long history and the bugs are worked out...with the slim line..definitly get the extended warrenty, but no reason to have problems etc..

with the black surroundings of the screen, when a show is in analogue 4:3 u dont notice the black bars...

i would sooo reccommend this TV...and The Good Guys with their fantastic service + 30 day warrenty if u see it cheaper etc..is a reassurance.

u use it a bit like 'microsoft windows' with its side by side menus, easy to use...

the expert we had, said, dont buy lcd, plasma, rear projector etc...after 1 -2 years things always go wrong..

In comparison, you could buy an LG CRT and have it go wrong out of the box. Why wait 2 years. :ph34r:

Sorry, a bit harsh... Acutally I'm looking at this model myself, but have been put off by the HD tuner issues.

Perhaps LG have sorted out the firmware issue.

Have you noted any of the dreaded lip sync issues?

Just something Interesting I Noticed at Harvey Norman yesterday; (Whilst checking on my Order for a Toshi 36JW9UA)

Harvey Norman Marion (SA) has both the HDCP/100Hz Set and the Inbuilt HD Tuner Set on diaply - Both Running off a External Phillips HD Tuner.

Not off the Internal HD DTV Decoder...

I've bought the Samsung 76cm Slim fit CRT WS-32Z40HN and have geometry and distortion issues e.g. in 4:3 programs bars on each side are slightly bent instead of vertical (noticebale!) and faces "fuzzy" on close up shots.

Samsung said take it back to store as only a few days old and sounds like picture tube problem. Good Guys (Caringbah, NSW) reckon I'd probably have the same geometry problem with a new Samsung set (???) and recommend switching to LG brand :blink: Help!!!!

Well I got my tv back last week ... only took the server center a just over a week to upgrade the software (not to mention that they didn't do anything to fix the 16:9 100Hz component input not filling the screen). On the up side the lip sync problem on channels 9 and 10 (1080i broadcast) has been fixed. However I noticed the other night that the lip sync issue is now affecting SBS (576p) ... made Mythbusters very hard to watch and I ended up swapping over to watch it through Foxtel. I then I noticed it on ABC (720p) in Enough Rope. Very annoying. Haven't had a chance to call LG and complain as yet. Anyone else noticed this issue with the new software?

All in all I started out very happy with the TV ... but now I'm starting to wish I'd spend the extra $900 and gotten a decend LCD with a digital tuner that works!

How frustrating!

I'd say, get a refund!

In these forums, I was advised the improved PQ with HD isn't noticeable at 76cm (or 32") screen size, unless you sit closer than 2m away.

choice.com.au have some useful free info about consumer rights. Sounds like the goods weren't of "merchantable quality" i.e. you're entitled to refund.

My SlimFit Samsung WS32Z40HN is definitely faulty. I'm getting it replaced, new. It only cost $899-. I could buy a quality PVR as well and still be in front compared with buying a 32" SD LCD or plasma. Bulkiness isn't a problem for where my TV is placed.

Good luck!

choice.com.au have some useful free info about consumer rights. Sounds like the goods weren't of "merchantable quality" i.e. you're entitled to refund.

Thanks, I'll look into that. Although I'm not overly confident since it's been 6 weeks since I brought it. Can't see JB's being too keen to take it back.

LG advised me to get the server mob back again so that they can log the problem ... probably another afternoon sitting round waiting for them to show up ... can't wait.

I to have problem with latest firm ware regarding lip sync has not completely gone not good on abc. It is not the station as I was told because my external box in other room does not do it,so please Lg sort it out! will you let me know how you get on with your complaint maybe they can up grade the new firmware!?

Well I'm glad I'm not alone. Felt like I was going crazy the other night, flicking between channels trying to work out if the sound lines up. Must depend on the speaker, some people it looks very close to being right, others look way off ... then if your lucky someone will clap or hit something and you realise that the sound is definately out.

Well I'm glad I'm not alone. Felt like I was going crazy the other night, flicking between channels trying to work out if the sound lines up. Must depend on the speaker, some people it looks very close to being right, others look way off ... then if your lucky someone will clap or hit something and you realise that the sound is definately out.

Will you ring Lg like me and complain this is the only way to resolve this ,let me know what they say I will do the same thanks..

This sounds like a problem child model! Perhap you should return it if they can't fix it next time.

Even at >6 weeks old, you have rights with JB HiFi as the retailer. They will try to fob you off to LG, saying that because it's 6 weeks old you have to claim under warranty with LG, that a LG tech has to see it, "it's store policy" etc. etc. When did you first report the fault? That's the date which is taken into account, not the TV's current age.

The goods a store sells must be of "MERCHANTABLE QUALITY" and "FREE OF DEFECTS". Sound out of sync is a defect!!! A TV of "merchantable quality" should work properly at 6 week's old. Especially, if the problem persists after "repair".

NSW Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has useful info, too....http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/shopping/refundsrepairs.html#When%20can%20consumers%20insist%20on%20a%20refund?

Suggest you deal with the store manager right from the start. Quote the website above, even take a printout, and insist on your rights. Ask and make note of the full names of everyone you speak to- on phone or in person- accountability helps sharpen their minds! Suggest if they won't replace or refund, you'll make a complaint to the OFT.

Can you tell I've had problems like this before? (Samsung have just tried to give me the runaround on a 3 day old TV).

Rang LG a couple of days ago to complain. They confirmed that the software update I had was the latest and greatest and "should" have fixed all the sound sync problems. They said there weren't aware of any other problems and that I should call the service center that did the update so that they can investigate and submit a full report so that the LG engineers can investigate. They also suggested that I do an Auto Program to refresh all the channels. Not sure if it's made any difference or not, ABC still looks/sounds wrong to me ... I'm sick of watching people lips to see if they are in sync or not - It's taking all the fun out of tv :D

Even caught myself doing it on the Foxtel channels the other day! (in case your wondering, they are in sync :blink: )

Does the audio sync problems only happen when watching from the inbuilt sd/hd tuner?

I mainly want to buy this model in order to play xbox 360. That should be ok shouldn't it? Also doesn't this TV have a standard 4:3 analoge tuner? Is that out of sync?

Well, I spoke to JB's on the weekend and they want LG to look at the TV before they'll talk about a refund. On the upside the manager contacted the LG rep to get this looked into. Apparently LG is going to contact me to organise the service mob to come out again, although I haven't heard anything as yet. Fingers crossed they actually sort it out this time.

This morning my flatmate was watching channel 7 and noticed that it has a lip sync issue as well. Probably not surprising since it's a 576p broadcast like SBS. Guess I didn't notice it because I never watch channel 7 :blink:

mrpickle: The problem is only in the hi def tuner ... standard def broadcasts seem fine (not that I've watched much of them). It does have an analog tuner, but it seems to keep stretching the 4:3 picture to fill the screen ... a little annoying, but you can fix it in the menu. But then, if you've got the digital channels why would you watch the analog versions? Unless you're a big fan of Bris31 (or whatever your local version is)

If your just hooking up an xbox you shouldn't have any problems. I run foxtel through mine without any issues.

LG have already had a go, haven't they? And it's still defective. Jb HiFi are spinning s***, but, hey, I guess you just want a functioning TV!

If not fixed this time, go in waving the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) website printout and stand in the middle of the store with your very heavy 76cm TV until they do something. I'm still waiting for my replacement Samsung 76cm TV to arrive...they tried the old, "Samsung have to look at it" thing with me, too, and only caved when I quoted OFT.

yes this is all sounding very familiar to me. I had the tech come out to do the firmware upgrade. I wasn't sure before he left if it was fixed or not but sure enough, the lips were out of sinch on hd before too long. The sd channels seemed ok but now I notice that they are sometimes out. In fact it is one of those inconsistent problems. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't so it is frustrating. I have resorted to only using the sd channels because it is less likely to happen and there is very little difference between sd and hd - maybe the sound is better on hd? The tech said he had done everything he could and said that all digital tvs are out from time to time. I will try the auto channel refresh but I'm guessing it wont work. This is annoying because apart from this issue, the TV set is really good in every other way - picture, looks, sound quality.

I have the same problem! it now is going on for sometime, there are times when it is bad and sometimes not so bad but I can not put up with it anymore.What is everybody doing about it? have we all phoned up Lg and asked them to do something about it! it is not just one person but many more , tell them to look at this site and they will see all the comments.. They need to address this problem quickly for all concerned . I am doing my bit please all do the same...and get this sorted !

I finally got a call from LG yesterday, I think he was in the dispute resolution department or something like that. Anyway, the long and short of if it is they want to send out a tech to look at the TV ... hopefully they aren't going to take it away again, but I'm not holding my breath. I'll post back after the service guy has looked at it.