below: scan of lg catalodge for this tv model

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/2035/lg...im32fs4dsc9.jpg

also 1080i compatible according to "the good guys" catalodge

● 76cm (32")

● Super slim (395mm depth)

● In-built HD Tuner

● 1080i combatible

● New XD Engine

● Progressive Scan ● Sound Output 10W X 2 (AVL, SRS)

● Real Stereo ● Teletext ● Child Lock ● Sleep Timer

● HDMI / Component(2) / AV Input / S-Video Input ● Weight : 53Kg

● Dimension(WxDxH) : 898 X 403.5 X 575(mm) ● Barcode : 8801031463329

price around $1299 AU

The things that stick out for me are the In-built HD Tuner, 1080i combatible and HDMI input

Just wondering if anyone has the set and what they think of it?

Is there any advantages over having an LCD or Plasma over a CRT?

And does anyone know if this set has HDCP?

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a nice set. Bought the only advantage of LCD/Plasmas is that they can go to much larger screen sizes (40"+) and they are slim. A good CRT will still beat a similarly priced LCD/Plasma for PQ (Although that distinction is a lot more debatable these days) The LGE website has no mention of the sets so i don't know if when its really going to appear. One caveat I'd mention is I assume the TV has a standard analogue RF connection? So you can add a STB or PVR if you want.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

I just saw this in the JB HiFi catalogue too. Allmost want one, except I dont like the slimline crts because of the geometry issues. If they could fix those problems then I would be sold on this TV as I prefer the colour and contrast of CRT and I think this is the only CRT with HDMI in Australia.

I just saw this in the JB HiFi catalogue too. Allmost want one, except I dont like the slimline crts because of the geometry issues. If they could fix those problems then I would be sold on this TV as I prefer the colour and contrast of CRT and I think this is the only CRT with HDMI in Australia.

How much is it in the JB HiFi catalodge?

LG Have just updated there TV product page on the website to include this model.

http://au.lge.com/md/product/prodcategoryl...ctId=1100001016

Analog Tuning

Type : FS

VHF/UHF : 00~15, 20~75

CATV : 02~44

System : PAL B/G

Digital Tuning

System : DVB-T

Modulation : COFDM

Carrier : 2K, 8K

FEC : 1/2,2/3,3/4,5/6,7/8

Guard Interval : 1/4,1/8,1/16,1/32

Video

Aspect Ratio : 16:9

Super Slim CRT : Yes

Enhanced Line Doubler : Yes

XD Engine : Yes

Enhanced Noise Reduction : Yes

Digital Comb Filter : 3D

DLTI/DCTI : Yes

Colour Temperature Control : 3mode(Cool/Midum/Warm)+user

Black Stretcher : Yes

Cinema 3:2 Mode : Yes

DTV Signal Strength (Digital) : Yes

Auto Booster (Analog) : Yes

Aspect Ratio Correction : Yes(4:3/16:9/Zoom/Cinema zoom modes)

EZ Picture/PSM : Yes(Dynamic/Standard/Mild/User1,2)

Sound

Bass/Treble/Balance : Yes

Audio Output : 10W x 2

Dolby Digital (AC-3) : Yes

SRS : Yes

AVL : Yes

Mono/Stereo : Yes

Speaker System : 2way 2speaker

EZ Sound / SSM : Yes(Standard/Music/Movie/Sports/User)

PIP

OSD Function

OSD Language : English

EPG : Yes(DTV Mode)

Auto/Manual Clock : Yes

On/Off Timer : Yes

Sleep Timer : Yes

Auto Off : Yes

Auto Programing : Yes

Text : 2200

Closed Caption : Yes

Favorite Channel : Yes

Quick View : Yes

Mute : Yes

Child Lock : Yes

Parental Guide : Yes(DTV Mode)

Interface

SIDE - AV In : Yes(1)

SIDE - S-Video In : Yes(1)

REAR - RF In/OUt : Yes(1/0)

REAR - AV In : Yes(2)

REAR - S-Video In : Yes(1)

REAR - Monitor Out : Yes(1)

REAR - Component in(Y,Pb,Pr) + Audio : Yes(2ea,480i/p576i/p720p/1080i)

REAR - SPDIF In : Yes(1)

REAR - SPDIF Out : Yes(1)

REAR - HDMI/HDCP Input : Yes(1)

General

AC Input : 100~240V, 50/60Hz

Size(WxHxD) : 898x575x403.5(395)

Weight : 52kg

i rang hn about this model,they didnt have it in but the salesman said he would talk to the rep

$1200 for cash, looks like a great unit. and until lcd have as good a picture,i cant go past a crt.

anybody know of a better modelthan this one,dimensions must be within w/h/d 900*650*560

I just picked one of these up from Betta Electrical for $1100 cash.

Initial comments:

• Beautiful Picture
  • Built-in Tuner works well
  • Very friendly and inituitive GUI
  • Good set of inputs (2 component plus HDMI = awesome)
  • Xbox 360 at 1080i - F*&% yeah!
  • Heavy (53kg)

My only gripe is that you cannot delete a digital channel, only skip it (unless you manually scan for all channels). Other than that I'd say it's a fine bit of kit.

Considering Toshiba (Castel) want about $2000 for basically the same set (only 20kg heavier) I think this is a good price for a great TV set.

went to hn today 3pm got the sales guy down to $1100 cash,waiting for stock to come in just to see for myself . the only thing i could compare it to was samsung knew 81cm lcd (la32r71bdx) for quality, but $1000 price differance is hard to justify.

Just a quick update...

I've noticed a problem with audio sync - only while watching HD broadcasts. EG Rockwiz on SBS last night, or the Peter Brock special on Prime this evening.

It seems it occurs with all HD broadcasts. I'm not incredibly bothered by it at this stage, and I plan to buy the Topfield HD PVR when it comes out, but it is annoying nonetheless.

Does anyone else who owns of of these sets have this problem?

Just a quick update...

I've noticed a problem with audio sync - only while watching HD broadcasts. EG Rockwiz on SBS last night, or the Peter Brock special on Prime this evening.

It seems it occurs with all HD broadcasts. I'm not incredibly bothered by it at this stage, and I plan to buy the Topfield HD PVR when it comes out, but it is annoying nonetheless.

Does anyone else who owns of of these sets have this problem?

JillyBoel.

Any updates? I'm keen at looking at one of these, or the equivalent Samsung (which doesn't have HD tuner).

If I understand you correctly, the audio sync is only a problem on programs in true HD, not just all 'HD' channels?

Is there any problems on the SD channels?

Is the picture quality improved on the HD channels vs SD channels?

Does any onscreen display information indicate what resolution the tuner is giving you? There are reports of LG HD tuners down-converting signals in their 'HD' plasmas.

Tim.

JillyBoel.

Any updates? I'm keen at looking at one of these, or the equivalent Samsung (which doesn't have HD tuner).

If I understand you correctly, the audio sync is only a problem on programs in true HD, not just all 'HD' channels?

Is there any problems on the SD channels?

Is the picture quality improved on the HD channels vs SD channels?

Does any onscreen display information indicate what resolution the tuner is giving you? There are reports of LG HD tuners down-converting signals in their 'HD' plasmas.

Tim.

hi first time on ,I also find delay in hd sync can we find a cure?very good television, could someone explain how to put digital programs in order or how to manual tune.. thanks

I'd be ringing the store and asking for them to send out the repair guy.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

i just paid my deposit on the 32fs4d(no stock)

i got it for $1100 cash and a set of component cables thrown in fo $50 extra.

just reading about the audio sync problems,would they be an issue on sd, thats all we get in the bush.

Purchased 1 of these on Sunday and have the same problem.

I contacted LG's customer service line (1800 643 156) and they said they know of the problem. Since it has been less than a week since my purchase, they advised me to take it back to the store and exchange it for a new set.

I'm waiting now for a hand to load it (they are heavy little b's), and I'll let you know how I got on.

Also I gave this web page address to their customer service operator, so I'd suggest anyone having problems contact them.

If inbuilt HD tuner is a selling point for anyone, I would read this first.

LG's HD tuners are dodgy to say the least.

WHY POINT OUT A FAULT YOU HAVE WITH a tuner in a panel when this comment / post is about a CRT? Are you informed enough to let us know this is the exact same internal tuner or is it sheer speculation. Hey i'm no LG fanboy but give this unit its credit, it provides what most mum and dads need to join the digital world with an all in one unit that had HDMI input.

This is a CRT with a HDMI input. Does anybody realise the ramifications of this....

Let me ask - is this input HDCP compatible....?

A very interesting device (sony US has built CRT's with DVI inputs but we haven't been lucky enough).

This is a CRT with a HDMI input. Does anybody realise the ramifications of this....

Let me ask - is this input HDCP compatible....?

A very interesting device (sony US has built CRT's with DVI inputs but we haven't been lucky enough).

Samsung CRT has the same, only doesn't have a inbuilt HD tuner.

Samsung Widescreen CRT

Go on Nobby, put me out of my misery. What's the ramifications of this?

Can anyone else describe the actual audio sync fault a bit more. Is it just with HD programming, or all digital programs?

Hey i'm no LG fanboy but give this unit its credit, it provides what most mum and dads need to join the digital world with an all in one unit that had HDMI input.

I can just see the conversation now:

Me: how do you like the world of digital TV mum. Isn't it great.

Mum: the picture is nice but I liked my old TV, where the sound use to come out of their mouths..

Me: ... :blink:

Can anyone else describe the actual audio sync fault a bit more. Is it just with HD programming, or all digital programs?

Initially it was just the HD channels. I'm not sure how to measure the difference, but it was probably about 0.2 - 0.4 seconds out.

I took mine back today after the SD channels started getting out of sync also. The guy in the store was very surprised that such a new model would have this flaw, but I told him about this forum and how others had the same problem. I was able to get a full refund, which is good because I believe a replacement would have had the same problem.

I'm loathe to start looking at LCD sets, so my plan now is to find a similar HD CRT, with no built-in tuner, that does 100hz, and that will complement my Topfield HD PVR (when I can get my hands on one). :blink: