New Panasonic Projector-pt-ax100

:D

Nice one Preach.... I'm gonna get a great laugh when you bring back a Panasonic projector the next time you come back into Aus :P:P .....remember, you heard it here first, now back to your regular programming :blink:

Strewth. Are you psychic or something? I know you were probably joking but it's currently line ball between AX100 and Canon X600.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strewth. Are you psychic or something? I know you were probably joking but it's currently line ball between AX100 and Canon X600.

:blink::P

It's no use wasting the precious SIM2 tubes on endless hours of Nemo and Scooby Doo. You are, after all an engineer, and it's all about 'fit for purpose'... use sh!t to watch crap :D:P

:blink::P

It's no use wasting the precious SIM2 tubes on endless hours of Nemo and Scooby Doo. You are, after all an engineer, and it's all about 'fit for purpose'... use sh!t to watch crap :D:P

Well there is that. But it's more the fact that I think that lugging 50KG of CRT goodness into the jungles of Borneo might be a bit much. :P

I also won't be able to have dedicated room this time and with the expat community getting together to watch big sporting events (State of Origin, Bledisloe Cup, Footy finals etc.) I want something with a fair amount of lumens. As I'm rather allergic to RBE and the high powered Sanyo's are pretty expensive, I really was leaning towards the X600. But now the AX100 comes out of left field with 2000 lumens compared with approximately 2500 from the X600 but for $2000 less and higher resolution...

Oh well, I've got a few months to make a decision. I'll get to see how the reliability of the AX100 goes over that time. It's all good! :P

Joobs:

Still haven't got it mounted, I made up a 9m component cable (as I only had 27m left on my roll of coax) and it turns out I'm 2.5m short after running it through the filthy ceiling, I didn't want to join the coax, but I may need to, as I dont want to get back into the ceiling (100 yo house).

I left some rope in the ceiling incase I need to pull more cables through (hdmi) the internal wall in the future.

I've also made up a wall mount, which sits approx 2.5m from the floor ((3.5m ceilings) I cannot go any lower, as it's above a window) however I may need to change this, as I'm at maximum vertical shift to reach 2 foot from the floor....

anyway I'm ordering a screen today, so should have the setup completed by next weekend hopefully.

Rob.

Look forward to the results, Rob

I've purchased a 15 metre HDMI cable to run from my Media Center PC to the PJ (when it arrives). Cost was $55 from Umart.

I don't have any experience with HDMI as yet so I hope that this cable can handle a high res image such as 1080i.

Jooobs

Pulled the trigger on an AX100E a few days ago (actually, the gf bought it for me!!)

2700 at domayne, in stock. Paid for the extra warranty (although they told me it only came with one year :blink: )

Man is this thing bright. Its easy to watch movies in the DAY with the curtains pulled.

I have connected my powerbook with a 5m DVI -> HDMI cable, works fine in 1280*720 resolution, will need a longer one (10ish). Anyone know where to get a reasonable one at that length?

Very impressed by this pj, colours are great, nice and sharp too.

Pulled the trigger on an AX100E a few days ago (actually, the gf bought it for me!!)

2700 at domayne, in stock. Paid for the extra warranty (although they told me it only came with one year :blink: )

Man is this thing bright. Its easy to watch movies in the DAY with the curtains pulled.

I have connected my powerbook with a 5m DVI -> HDMI cable, works fine in 1280*720 resolution, will need a longer one (10ish). Anyone know where to get a reasonable one at that length?

Very impressed by this pj, colours are great, nice and sharp too.

These guys are reasonable I have found http://www.htcustomcables.com

I got a Panasonic PT-AX100E today for $2599

I just wanted to let everyone know that my initial impressions are that it is an excellent projector, although I am currently only projecting onto a wall. Hopefully the quality will increase even more when I get a white matte screen.

The people working at the place I bought it from had seen the previous PT-AE900 and were impressed, however they said that everyone they have spoken to has suggested that this model is significantly better.

Edited by Curlz

There is a PT-AX1000 that is to be released next month that is 1080p capable. As opposed to the AX100 which is 720p. Both of those would be considered HD.

I wonder if he is getting those two confused?

He said the prices were $2999 and $3299 .... mmmmm

Mine arrived yesterday and I have hooked it up to my Media Center (output: 720p). I was concerned when deciding whether to buy a projector because my lounge room is not well light controlled at all... I shouldn't have worried. This thing is pretty damn stunning! And that is projected onto a yellow wall with vertical joints!

Of course, I've never owned a projector before so take my recommendation how you like I guess.

This weekends project is to make the screen, I've got my Digital Grey Lite Screen Goo all I need is a trip to Bunnings for a sheet of MDF and some other bits and pieces.

I'll report back!

P.S. What is it with Panny owners and yellow walls?!!? :blink:

Mine arrived yesterday and I have hooked it up to my Media Center (output: 720p). I was concerned when deciding whether to buy a projector because my lounge room is not well light controlled at all... I shouldn't have worried. This thing is pretty damn stunning! And that is projected onto a yellow wall with vertical joints!

Of course, I've never owned a projector before so take my recommendation how you like I guess.

This weekends project is to make the screen, I've got my Digital Grey Lite Screen Goo all I need is a trip to Bunnings for a sheet of MDF and some other bits and pieces.

I'll report back!

P.S. What is it with Panny owners and yellow walls?!!? :blink:

Hehe, to get out of that club I changed pjs as my wife wouldn't let me redo walls :D