Sign in to follow this  
leighw

Kogan Lcd Tv's

Guest JimboTHX1138
He shouldnt be allowed on the forum - Forum rules are that it should not be used to promote or sell products on behalf of a company ect.

No one from Kogan should be posting or promoting their products here, otherwise let ask all the manufactuere to join in.

The forum is for people to share experiences, ideas, ect in a open way - not swayed by a corporation of any sort.

Yeah, you are absolutely right. I don't agree with it at all as you can probably tell.

I know this is a bit naive but Is it the panel that enables 1366 x 768 resolution or the electronics in the box?

The resolution is determined by the number of pixels on the screen itself.

Yoza Yoza Yoza or as richie cunningham used to say Yowza yowza yowza (or is it indeed Mr Kogan??). Your comment about the popularity of Kogan TV's slowing down ebay is close to the biggest piece of crapola I think I have ever heard on this forum. Forum administrators, is there anyway to stop these < 5 posters (or is it spammers). No-one begrudges someone trying to earn a living or promoting their services, but these one-off posters are blatant abuse of forum protocols.

Now, back to the panasonic thread.......

I didn't actually mean to say our searches were slowing down the eBay website. I was simply pointing out that our website, along with our eBay store were acting slowly. To reinforce this point, I did mention the use of hotlinking images.

Essentially, because of the high demand placed on the Kogan webserver, our eBay listings were slow for some users. Realising this, I just thought I would point it out incase anyone thought it was their connection. Really didn't think it needed to be flamed?

Yeah, you are absolutely right. I don't agree with it at all as you can probably tell.

Well, if you guys want me to stop posting here, I will by all means do so.

However there are some forum users with legitimate enquiries who have linked me to this thread to answer questions - it's a catch 22 situation for me. If I don't answer, people think we've dropped off the face of the Earth. If I do answer, people start flaming.

Personally, I think the best situation is to let the mods do their jobs. If they feel that I overstep the boundaries in any of my posts, then they can edit/delete the post and inform me?

The resolution is determined by the number of pixels on the screen itself.

thank you

Well, if you guys want me to stop posting here, I will by all means do so.

However there are some forum users with legitimate enquiries who have linked me to this thread to answer questions - it's a catch 22 situation for me. If I don't answer, people think we've dropped off the face of the Earth. If I do answer, people start flaming.

Personally, I think the best situation is to let the mods do their jobs. If they feel that I overstep the boundaries in any of my posts, then they can edit/delete the post and inform me?

I would prefer Yoza stay in touch and answer the questions,I don't think there is any danger of him corrupting weak minds.........

surely we would prefer to have some answers that do not appear on web pages than discuss a tv none of us have actually watched.

Yoza:

Since what drives the panel contributes significantly to picture quality can you give us some idea of the electronics in the box - perhaps in technical specs and what other units may have them?

Is it possible to use upgrades on the software to improve its performance if it was needed ?

Have you seen fox sports on it -if so how is the motion and picture quality compared to other LCD units of the same size.

If you can take the time to answer some of these questions I would appreciate the effort.

regards

Luke

Looking at the specs, I can't imagine these TV's being any better than a TEAC 42" LCD that I tried late last year. The black level on that unit was very poor.

The Kogan "open day" would answer a lot of questions in relation to these units if it ever occurs.

The Kogan "open day" would answer a lot of questions in relation to these units if it ever occurs.

Could you please Yoza get Kogan to read my offer in this thread or the PM message I sent him regardinging a FREE Open Day for your product at our club?

As drsmith says it could answer a lot of questions and prove a valuable day for Kogan to actually display the quality of the product and shutup a lot of knockers. :blink:

Since what drives the panel contributes significantly to picture quality can you give us some idea of the electronics in the box - perhaps in technical specs and what other units may have them?

Is it possible to use upgrades on the software to improve its performance if it was needed ?

Have you seen fox sports on it -if so how is the motion and picture quality compared to other LCD units of the same size.

If you can take the time to answer some of these questions I would appreciate the effort.

I'll try to get this information for both you and the forum - stay tuned (seriously, no pun intended)

Could you please Yoza get Kogan to read my offer in this thread or the PM message I sent him regardinging a FREE Open Day for your product at our club?

As drsmith says it could answer a lot of questions and prove a valuable day for Kogan to actually display the quality of the product and shutup a lot of knockers. :blink:

He's read it as I heard about it before you posted here :D

We're working out how to best approach this, and you should hear a reply from us very soon.

I'll try to get this information for both you and the forum - stay tuned (seriously, no pun intended)

Thanks, whenever I "Google" :blink: for info on a TV set the results always bring up this forum

(that for the most part is populated by genuine enthusiasts willing to share their experiences and expertise)

so it will be worth your while to have a legitimate presence and if you answer the technical questions no one should have an argument with you being here.

-I won't (but I'm not in charge!)

He's read it as I heard about it before you posted here :blink:

We're working out how to best approach this, and you should hear a reply from us very soon.

should==won't

HI

DOES ANY ONE KNOW IF KOGAN DO PLASMA TVS

DOES ANY ONE HAVE A SONIQ QV420PH

AS I AM LOOKING AT ONE AND WANT TO GET SOME FEEDBACK

He's read it as I heard about it before you posted here :D

Hi Yoza,

No worries! I meant to say in the previous post it was the PM I sent to the Kogan Profile and not to yours. :blink:

Hopefully we can get together and you can sight the venue I proposed.

Whether you wish to go ahead with an Open Display Day or not as I mentioned earlier we are seriously about to purchase another large WS TV and at this stage the manager is looking at another Plasma but is prepared to consider an LCD.

Cheers

Peter

the manager is looking at another Plasma but is prepared to consider an LSD.

This open day is sounding better and better every day. :blink:

This open day is sounding better and better every day. :P

:P Oops! Edited. :P

My typing skills have gone to POT! :blink:

That is what I get from spending the last 7 hours sorting out a mate's old and new PC. :D

Guest JimboTHX1138
:P Oops! Edited. :P

My typing skills have gone to POT! :blink:

That is what I get from spending the last 7 hours sorting out a mate's old and new PC. :D

Or you were on LSD when you wrote it. :P

Or you were on LSD when you wrote it. :P

I think boric beat you to the joke with his post! :D Or am I just hallucinating? :blink:

Back on topic, if they put on an open day are you interested or would you just prefer to sit back and knock someone/product? :P

Guys the drug jokes are getting a bit old, please stop rehashishing them :blink:

Seriously, I'm a bit dubious about allowing retailers to actively post here. Posting tech specs etc. should be fine, but if the precedent is set, more retailers and those associated with them will drop in to "inform us" of their latest and greatest. Most tech specs I see posted are confusing and misleading (often purposely so).

An open day however would be ideal for those interested, as the best test is what you see with your own eyes.

Guest JimboTHX1138
I think boric beat you to the joke with his post! :P Or am I just hallucinating? :D

Back on topic, if they put on an open day are you interested or would you just prefer to sit back and knock someone/product? :P

Sorry you didn't find it funny, but it was a joke. :blink:

Personally i wouldn't be interested as i own 2 Panasonic plasmas, but it would be good for people considering buying one so they could finally get a look at the televisions before spending hard earned money on them.

I don't sit back and knock people, i just don't agree with companys promoting there products on the forum, it is against the forum regulations. I'm sure people can make there own minds up regarding a product they may be thinking of buying, instead of being swayed by a company advertising on here spreading misinformation, eg. How good quality the TV is for the money just because it uses a samsung panel. The electronics that drive that panel, which we have heard nothing about, is a far more important part of a guide to the TV's abilitys.

Hope this clears things up.

I bought on the 46" Kogan's ... generally pleased with the quality, but perplexed by a problem with the HDMI interface from a Pioneer high-definition tuner (DT510). Colours on every other interface (S-video, component etc) are fine - but with HDMI, I get green/magenta colours - as if one colour is missing. I've tried 3 different cables - no change in symptoms.

I've tried the tuner on 2 other screens - no problems, so on the surface it looks as though the tuner is in the clear and its a screen problem.

I've tried four other HDMI devices with the screen - three are fine, but one (TEAC) exhibits exactly the same problems as the Pioneer tuner.

Does anyone know if there is potential for incompatibilities in the HDMI hand-shaking that goes on? If so, could it cause the sort of colour problems I'm seeing?

hey i had the same issue with my samsung la40s71bx, if it was a compatability issue you wouldn't get any picture at all, the problem is the panel where all the plugs go into the back, it must get a little loose during all the shipping causing a short/open curcuit on the hdmi port, just squeeze on the back panel a little bit near the hdmi port, you should hear the plastic creak a bit, and then voila the picture should fix itself instantly. I can replicate the fault by push/pulling the back panel, must be a design flaw.

the fix worked for me

Edited by wesleyrpg

Sorry you didn't find it funny, but it was a joke. :blink:

Personally i wouldn't be interested as i own 2 Panasonic plasmas, but it would be good for people considering buying one so they could finally get a look at the televisions before spending hard earned money on them.

Exactly the reason why I am pushing the Kogan Open Display Day! The venue I am suggesting has a less than one year old 50" Pioneer Plasma setup and both being given the same feed would certainly be an indication of the PQ of each set.

I don't sit back and knock people, i just don't agree with companys promoting there products on the forum, it is against the forum regulations. I'm sure people can make there own minds up regarding a product they may be thinking of buying, instead of being swayed by a company advertising on here spreading misinformation, eg. How good quality the TV is for the money just because it uses a samsung panel.

So what you are saying is that companies that recieve negative remarks in a forum such as this cannot defend themselves by posting here?

Read the whole thread and actualy see that Kogan came onboard to answer the knockers of his product and invited previous customers of his to give their views on his products.

Nothing wrong at all with that line of response and it is a pity more suppliers didn't do so. :D

The electronics that drive that panel, which we have heard nothing about, is a far more important part of a guide to the TV's abilitys.

LOL ...and we see who else give this information? I reckon if they put everything you people wished we would still have the knockers of a little fish in a big pond trying to setup a viable business. All too easy for those of you who have and can afford their big U Beaut sets but there are heaps out there looking for a bargain. So bring on the Kogans!

Exactly the reason why I am pushing the Kogan Open Display Day! The venue I am suggesting has a less than one year old 50" Pioneer Plasma setup and both being given the same feed would certainly be an indication of the PQ of each set.

So what you are saying is that companies that recieve negative remarks in a forum such as this cannot defend themselves by posting here?

Read the whole thread and actualy see that Kogan came onboard to answer the knockers of his product and invited previous customers of his to give their views on his products.

Nothing wrong at all with that line of response and it is a pity more suppliers didn't do so. :blink:

LOL ...and we see who else give this information? I reckon if they put everything you people wished we would still have the knockers of a little fish in a big pond trying to setup a viable business. All too easy for those of you who have and can afford their big U Beaut sets but there are heaps out there looking for a bargain. So bring on the Kogans!

Except that Mr Kogan has previously taken it upon himself to post offers and to sell on the site and promote his products. Those threads have since been editied and locked.

one thing to talk about product, but if you are the manufacturer/importer/salesman of the prodcut then obviously you will without doubt try to swing conversation in favour of your product.

Except that Mr Kogan has previously taken it upon himself to post offers and to sell on the site and promote his products. Those threads have since been editied and locked.

one thing to talk about product, but if you are the manufacturer/importer/salesman of the prodcut then obviously you will without doubt try to swing conversation in favour of your product.

I don't believe that claim! I have read the entire thread. (Oops I didn't see different threads as you say) BUT even if that was the case they were dealt with in the appropriate manner and you can't blame a person for trying can you? :blink:

The point I am trying to make on this forum and others is don't knock someone for having a go!

Too many who already have/can affort the product he has are too willing to rubbish his without knowing F@#* all about it! :D

I don't believe that claim! I have read the entire thread. (Oops I didn't see different threads as you say) BUT even if that was the case they were dealt with in the appropriate manner and you can't blame a person for trying can you? :blink:

The point I am trying to make on this forum and others is don't knock someone for having a go!

Too many who already have/can affort the product he has are too willing to rubbish his without knowing F@#* all about it! :D

Try reading it again.

Having a go at establishing a business is one thing. Degrading these forums with product marketing in the process is quiet another.

For an example of a thread started by Kogan in which a moderater iinterveined, see here. Intervention by a moderator does not make Kogan's actions right in the first place.

When it comes to actual information about the performance of these panels, that seems to be a bit thin.

Thankyou Drsmith.

I have about to go hunting and reply to that previous post showing what Kogan had done. You saved me the effort.