Sign in to follow this  
leighw

Kogan Lcd Tv's

***SNIP***

WHY DO YOU CALL IT A INFERIOR PRODUCT? ...................

There's actually a very easy way to tell if something is good or not............................

Look at it.

If **YOU** like what you see, it's good.

If you don't like what you see, it's bad.

Without seeing a Kogan TV, I'll tell you that there are "better" products available, but like everything in life.....Compromises abound.

Only you can decide if you like it !!!!

Austen.

I'd call it an "inferior product" because it is inferior to some other products !!!

Let's not pretend for one second that the PQ exceeds (or even meets) the new Pioneer 508's.....But let's realise the Kogan is nowhere near the cost of the Pioneers.

To blindly accept that their quality is without peer is foolish, likewise it is equally foolish not to realise that the price is nowhere near that of the Pioneers..............

Austen.

Because TVs in this price range are at best a couple of generations behind in black levels and response times. I'm not turning up to the open day, just the thought of what the blacks look like and the trailing effects/blur is nausiating.

The only thing nauseating here is your ridiculous theory. :wacko: A couple of generations behind! LOL Funny then all Samsung sets must be in the same bracket if one tends to believe that rubbish. :blink:

What feedback? you mean the ones with replies to them saying "trying to ruin our buisness". Yes, Ive read them.

Buisness??? LOL You certainly are not a business person judging by how you comprehend his eBay Feedback. :blink:

Feedback Score: 3262

Positive Feedback: 98.9%

Tell you what. Send me a TV and I'll post a review of it on here if you think i'm off the mark. :D

Mate you are more off the mark than Port Adelaide today. :rolleyes:(Dons flame suit)

Take a chill pill.

Don't need to it has been a ripper day and stupid comments just feed the fun I am having. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Doc, I feel you are reading either too much into this or just stirring the pot. You should know as well as everybody that analogue reception is dependent on antenna and signal. Poor PQ is the same whether the set is Plasma, LCD or CRT if the incoming signal is shite no matter what!

Read above reply! ;)

In your quest to market Kogan's products, you can't even see constructive advice when it is offered.

It seems to me that Ruslan has been employing more people than meets the eye :P

The only thing nauseating here is your ridiculous theory. :wacko: A couple of generations behind! LOL................

Ridiculous is thinking that the quality of Kogans will be the same as Pioneers / Panasonics / Fujitsu's.

It needs to be accepted that the Kogans absolute PQ will be lower than the "Tier 1" brands, what the discussion should be is on the PQ of the Kogans relative to the others with regard to price ...........

Don't need to it has been a ripper day and stupid comments just feed the fun I am having. :rolleyes:

Please do not feed the trolls...................

Austen.

Guest JimboTHX1138
LOL Funny then all Samsung sets must be in the same bracket if one tends to believe that rubbish. :blink:

Buisness???

So now we are back to saying there as good as the Samsungs. What the hell are you talking about. I think you must have a walnut for a brain if you think you can compare them to a Samsung. You obviously have very little technological knowledge, proof of that is your ignorent comments in this thread, which is why I guess you belong in this thread. :)

Having fun trying to start flame wars with anyone who has criticism for crappy Kogan TVs, that would make you a troll, a useless uninformed one at that. Surely you have something better to do than defend no-name/generic TVs. Now take your lack of knowledge and ........sail away, sail away, sail away. :D

In your quest to market Kogan's products, you can't even see constructive advice when it is offered.

LOL Market Kogan's products???? Why would I market something I have never seen?

You either have a short memory or just don't take heed of what I posted in this thread a few pages back.

To remind you here it is again....

BTW My reasons for bringing this on...

1. I got sick of people posting negative comments in this thread about something they have never seen or experienced and the consistent knocking of someone willing to have a go. :rolleyes:

2. My curiosity in seeing and learning about the technology in these products and the opportunity to run my PVR through an LCD set. :blink:

3. Finally but not least my convincing the Club management not to charge venue fees as it would help promote bars sales on what is normally a quiet day. That and that alone is my major personal concern. <_<

So those of you in Melbourne on that Sunday lets get together and have some fun.

Oops! Almost forgot.

We have a synthetic Bowling Green and anyone wishing to try their hand at bowling make yourself known here on the forum and I will be able to arrange something before the Open Day starts so you may have a roll. Bowls can be supplied!

Bars open at 11am and the Bistro at Midday. :blink:

Ditto the same reply for you to inm8. :wacko:

Still waiting for a reply to an earlier post I made ..................

..................At Kogans Website we learn that ...........

" We are a manufacturer, importer, wholesaler, and retailer all in one."

Really ? Kogan actually makes the TV's ? And the GPS's ? And the Photo Frames ?

I don't have an issue if they use Lucky Dragon products and put their own name on it, but to say that they are a "100% Australian Owned" company who makes the entire product range is, to me, possibly *cough* stretching the truth.

Of course, If an Australian company has indeed set up factories in China to make these products, great.....But I suspect not.

Austen.

So are Kogan actually an Australian manufacturer ????

Austen.

So now we are back to saying there as good as the Samsungs. What the hell are you talking about. I think you must have a walnut for a brain if you think you can compare them to a Samsung.

Dip stick! They are using the same LCD panel as Samsung! :angry:

NEW 40" KOGAN x40 HD LCD TV Samsung panel 1080i HDMI

HD 1366x768, 720p 1080i HDMI, MELBOURNE Pickup,

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...A:IT&ih=006

You obviously have very little technological knowledge, proof of that is your ignorent comments in this thread, which is why I guess you belong in this thread. :)

You obviously don't or can't read. :D Ditto your ignorant comments which according to your mumblings give you a license to this thread as well. LOL

Having fun trying to start flame wars with anyone who has criticism for crappy Kogan TVs, that would make you a troll, a useless uninformed one at that. Surely you have something better to do than defend no-name/generic TVs. Now take your lack of knowledge and ........sail away, sail away, sail away. :D

GO THE CATS! Fools like yourself start the flame wars by posting the crap like you are doing at the moment. (LOL and me by saying Great Job Geelong over Port Adelaide) What flaming technical knowledge do you have to actually knock a product you have never seen? I to have never seen it and am not saying it is the bees knees but am saying give it a chance until you can actually say you have seen it rather than being a tosser and knocking it.

:wacko:

Austen.

Of course not! He has actually posted that he sourced the sets from the same Chinese manufacturer as Samsung.

His Business is an Australian business selling products made in China. :rolleyes:

LOL Market Kogan's products???? Why would I market something I have never seen?

I don't know.

Perhaps you could enlighten us.

Of course not! He has actually posted that he sourced the sets from the same Chinese manufacturer as Samsung.

You sure about that???

Are they the same as the current generation Samsung panel, or an older revision?

Just popped back into this forum for a bit and I'm surprised to find this thread even here. It's one thing for people to discuss a product, it's another for almost blatant advertising to be tolerated here. What made this forum great in the past was the relatively unbiased info people shared. If it's now being "infiltrated" by people blatantly trying to promote particular products, to me the forum has lost its usefulness.

Austen.

His Business is an Australian business selling products made in China. :rolleyes:

E-Bay listing

" We eliminate all the "middle men" and pass the savings directly to you. We are a manufacturer, importer, wholesaler, and retailer all in one."

Kogans website

" We eliminate all the "middle men" and pass the savings directly to you. We are a manufacturer, importer, wholesaler, and retailer all in one. By cutting out all the "middle men", we provide the best possible products at the best possible price."

It's just when they say "we are a manufacturer" it could lead some of the more gullible to believe they are a manufacturer !!!!!

Austen.

Guest JimboTHX1138

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...A:IT&ih=006

You obviously don't or can't read. :D Ditto your ignorant comments which according to your mumblings give you a license to this thread as well. LOL

We already know that. That doesn't mean jack. It's the electronics inside that matter, but you've been told that before, you rather ignore the facts so can keep posting your irrelevent dribble.

You are looking a little silly now. If you don't work for Kogan why are you putting so much effort into defending his TVs. You should quit now because you're going to look pretty dopey after open day when people are explaining all of the TVs shortfalls which you have dismissed. How can you dismiss what people are saying about these cheap TVs when you havn't seen them yourself, and that mixed in with your limited technical knowledge is really quite amusing. :rolleyes:

Just popped back into this forum for a bit and I'm surprised to find this thread even here. It's one thing for people to discuss a product, it's another for almost blatant advertising to be tolerated here. What made this forum great in the past was the relatively unbiased info people shared. If it's now being "infiltrated" by people blatantly trying to promote particular products, to me the forum has lost its usefulness.

Agree with your sentiment PersianImmortal.

Fortunately, many of the members on here will challenge the claims, and as is often the case, this can be very uncomfortable for the advertiser.

Of course not! He has actually posted that he sourced the sets from the same Chinese manufacturer as Samsung.........
You sure about that???

I'm not :D !!!

***SNIP***

Kogan LCD TVs use a Samsung Panel...............

Are they the same as the current generation Samsung panel, or an older revision?

Now there's a good question ;) !!! And do they use a Fujitsu AVM-II scaler-engine or a Lucky-Dragon one ? Or doesn't the display electronics make any difference ?

Maybe they make their own electronics here in Australia :D :D !!!!

I crack me up sometimes :D :D

Austen.

(Still waiting to find out what they "manufacture in Australia")

Get over it! It is a forum and people do have a right to express themselves.

Blatant advertising! Get real I am not employed by Kogan and if you have bothered to follow this entire thread you would understand.

FFS If Sony came on here saying they would give a free TV as lucky door prize to someone coming to an open day they were having would you carry on as such?

If you can't be bothered reading the entire thread and are so upset then find another one to read.

Unbiased is exactly the reasons I am posting if you had followed this biased innuendo against Kogan in this thread you might understand my reasons for doing so. Not once have I praised his product but just tried to defend them against fools that have never seen them like myself but just like to rubbish or spread bullshite about them.

Guest JimboTHX1138
FFS If Sony came on here saying they would give a free TV as lucky door prize to someone coming to an open day they were having would you carry on as such?

Ah, now it all makes sense. You think the effort you have put into defending Kogan TVs is going to earn you a free one. Nice tactics. But is arguing with everyone on the forum really the way to go about it. :rolleyes:

A few points:

1. They SAY they're using Samsung panels, but I haven't seen anyone verify that. Have you pulled one apart and checked? I certainly haven't, and therefore the only sensible statement I can make from the information provided by Kogan as that they MAY use Samsung panels in their televisions.

2. Lets give Kogan the benefit of the doubt and say that they do use Samsung panels in the LCD televisions. First of all, what revision panels are these? They may be Samsung panels from five years ago! Also, what about scaling circuitry, and all the other internal components? Are they sourced from Samsung suppliers as well? If so, how can Kogan essentially build a rebadged Samsung TV for 1/4 of the price when his companies buying power is nil compared to that of a large company like Samsung? Obviously the manufacturers bloat their prices to make extra money and cover R&D, but even if you factor in 70% of the cost price for this, Kogan must be either 1. making no profit or 2. getting the components far cheaper than Samsung do 3. using different components that are cheaper than their Samsung equivalents. It's obvious to anyone with sense that (3) is the most likely situation.

The bottom line is that unless Kogan are using all identical components to Samsung in their products, you cannot make claim that Kogan product X performs just as well as Samsung product X. Even the best panel in the world will look bad with poor scaling and input circuitry...

Edited by inm8

I'm not :D !!!

Now there's a good question ;) !!! And do they use a Fujitsu AVM-II scaler-engine or a Lucky-Dragon one ? Or doesn't the display electronics make any difference ?

Maybe they make their own electronics here in Australia :D :D !!!!

I crack me up sometimes :D :D

Austen.

(Still waiting to find out what they "manufacture in Australia")

LOL You are playing as bad as Port Adelaide today. :rolleyes:

Why are you making a big deal over a bloke trying to run his business?

Especially seeing you have no fecking idea of his products. Thousands on eBay do and until I see one in the flesh I won't knock them.

I would imagine that seeing he contracts a Chinese company to manufacture his LCD sets with his name on them he is a manufacturer.

Austen, you do crack me up! :wacko:

Anyway Good Night all and catch you on the Morrow :excl:

Ah, now it all makes sense. You think the effort you have put into defending Kogan TVs is going to earn you a free one.

LOl ...and that is the best you can come up with? :wacko:

Why would I expect that when I am having so much fun here? :rolleyes:

Keep struggling guys to find negatives. :mellow:

Nice tactics. But is arguing with everyone on the forum really the way to go about it. :rolleyes:

I put it down more to replying to foolish uniformed comments from those can't do any better than knock something/someone they know SFA about.

A few points:

They SAY they're using Samsung panels, but I haven't seen anyone verify that. Have you pulled one apart and checked? I certainly haven't, and therefore the only sensible statement I can make from the information provided by Kogan as that they MAY use Samsung panels in their televisions.

Have I pulled one apart? Read the thread and you will see I have said that I have never even seen one in the flesh. Clutching at straws here are you? Surely if he says they have Samsung panels they do and if not the many people out there that have bought them have had the wool pulled over their eyes. LOL Get Real!

Lets give Kogan the benefit of the doubt and say that they do use Samsung panels in the LCD televisions.

Damn shame some of you pessimists don't give him some credence.

Guest JimboTHX1138
LOl ...and that is the best you can come up with? :wacko:

Why would I expect that when I am having so much fun here? :rolleyes:

Keep struggling guys to find negatives. :mellow:

I put it down more to replying to foolish uniformed comments from those can't do any better than knock something/someone they know SFA about.

Oh, are you still here. I thought you were going. No, I didn't think so. Keep arguing with everyone in search of that freebie ignorent troll. What a stroker. :D