Sign in to follow this  
leighw

Kogan Lcd Tv's

Have placed books in front of the speakers and set the volume to 10 !

I'm sure that has a high WAF ...

From reading through all this, and noting how little of the real questions are answered, it appears all Kogan is doing is acting as an importer. The warranty (for what it is worth) is with someone else, the delivery dates are dictated by someone else, and the quality of the set you get really relies on someone else and its a bit of pot luck. I give him credit that he saw a gap in the market and has gone for it, but it really is going to be short term thing and people really need to consider whether $2K (even though cheaper than some comparative sets) is cheap enough that they don't mind that service in a couple of years won't exist. Personally I still rather spend $4K with a company I know will help me in 5 years than $2K with one that might not help me tomorrow. $2K is still a lot of money, but people need to work that out for themselves and put their own value on it.

However it is misleading to say you are selling the same TV as a well known brand for cheaper if you don't offer the same warranty, same service and support, same opportunity to view first, and even the same components. What is being sold is a stripped down version of what is sold by Samsung or similar and that's a value for money question the consumer must ask themselves, but its certainly not comparing apples with apples.

Thanks for the humorous comments, guys!!

Off to the PVR Forum to seek recommendations about a good HD twin digital tuner + HDD box with YPrPb and HDMI outputs. This will solve the minor volume problem, too.

Bye, bye.

Yes keep throwing more money at it, I'm sure that will fix the issues.

This Thread has got a case of the dulls!!!

Kogan go get some more 32" TVs and chuck them on Ebay please!!

This Thread has got a case of the dulls!!!

Kogan go get some more 32" TVs and chuck them on Ebay please!!

It would seem everybody is over this thread :huh:

Especially Kogan

Ols :)

Guest not-happy-Jan

Anyone with a Kogan x46 able to advise what it is like with Foxtel?

Hello to all DTV members.

My name is Daniel Beahan, Operations Manager for Kogan Technologies.

Kogan have experienced unprecedented growth over the last six months and much of this can be attributed to the support of DTV members. With the addition of several new staff, Kogan have committed to improving all areas of our business, in particular our technical support and customer service.

In various threads throughout this forum, members have requested an opportunity to view Kogan products. I am pleased to announce that this will be taking place on Sunday 7th October at the Hampton RSL in Melbourne, Victoria.

The Kogan Display Day will be an informal gathering, a chance to come and see our range of products, as well as chat to the Kogan team and ask any questions you may have. You are welcome to bring in any peripheral devices that you would like to test on our TVs, e.g. gaming consoles, but we will already have set top boxes and DVD players set up.

KOGAN DISPLAY DAY

When:

Sunday 7th October, 3pm to 6pm

Where:

Hampton RSL

25 Holyrood Street

Hampton, Victoria

I would like to especially thank DTV member "sails" and the Hampton RSL for making this day possible.

As Operations Manager of Kogan Technologies, one of my roles will be to maintain a presence on Australian Technology forums and respond to members queries. We are also very interested in hearing what sort of products you would like to see available as we are continually changing our product range, and seeking out new and affordable technology.

I would like to ask all members interested in attending to express their interest by posting in this thread: http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=54646 so we have an idea of how many people to cater for. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any queries or suggestions.

Kindest Regards,

Daniel Beahan

Operations Manager

Kogan Technologies

www.kogan.com.au

HI guys/Girls.

Firstly I'd like to say I am not a Kogan employee, I live in perth, and the ebay link is at the bottom of this page for my purchase. Secondly i do not know all the technical terms and explanations for things, so I'll do this as best I can.

I just bought 1 of the 26"LCD Kogan TV's last week, It was sent on monday and received on thursday.

All in all, it is quite a good product. The unit seems quite sturdy and the stand is quite sufficient, the wall mounting kit i think leaves a bit to be desired, but i won't be using that.

The menu system is very user friendly, easy to navigate and very customizable as far as adjusting settings goes.

The inputs are great, although most of my components run through my amp. The unit i have has a scart plug instead of a second AV input.

The sound output is quite sufficient and the TV has an A/V output, but as I said earlier, most of my components run through my amp.

Now to the bad parts...

The picture when it comes to blackness, On my desktop computer with LG LCD screen and HD Tuner card when you have black parts of an image, you can make out details in the black part such as stargate for example, with black vests, you can see pockets and other parts of the vest. with the Kogan LCD you can't make out any details unless you adjust the brightness right up. And anything at night just looks crap. I have played with the colour setting for hours on end to try and get it right. But no joy.

Having adjusted the brightness to be able to see the black details, things like the sky are now a blueish / greenish colour...

Second is the stand is not tilt adjustable.

Other than that this seems to be a reasonable product.

I have seen a few other people on here have these. can anyone suggest the colour settings they are using???

this is the link to my purchase...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...N:IT&ih=006

It would seem everybody is over this thread :huh:

Especially Kogan

Ols :)

Seems not! :rolleyes:

KOGAN DISPLAY DAY

When: Sunday 7th October, 3pm to 6pm

Where: Hampton RSL

25 Holyrood Street

Hampton, Victoria

Here is a chance for some of his knockers see his products upfront.

Hello to all DTV members.

My name is Daniel Beahan, Operations Manager for Kogan Technologies.

I would like to ask all members interested in attending to express their interest by posting in this thread: http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=54646 so we have an idea of how many people to cater for. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any queries or suggestions.

Kindest Regards,

Daniel Beahan

Operations Manager

Kogan Technologies

www.kogan.com.au

Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken. :lol:

Seems not! :rolleyes:

KOGAN DISPLAY DAY

When: Sunday 7th October, 3pm to 6pm

Where: Hampton RSL

25 Holyrood Street

Hampton, Victoria

Here is a chance for some of his knockers see his products upfront.

Better late than never :P

How apt...

Don't be stupid! :angry2:

People are very keen to knock someone for trying to do something and now Kogans are ready to have an informative Open Display day.

So if anyone is interested in attending and suggesting realistic ideas for this day please post here.

Latest report from Kogan's Operations manager...

We have decided that we will be displaying the production model of our new Kogan PRO range. We debated whether or not we should do this as the model we have was for testing, and is not as aesthetically pleasing as the finished product will be.

Nevertheless, the panel and specs are the same and I'm sure plenty of you would like a preview of our first 42" 1080p TV prior to release. We will have this connected to a Playstation 3 so you can test it with Bluray DVD and as a gaming monitor.

Kindest Regards,

Daniel Beahan

Operations Manager

Kogan Technologies

www.kogan.com.au

Edited by sail

I tend to agree with fish!

I notice you have been the biggest one of the biggest knockers of Kogan throughout this thread so give the guy a break and wait until reports come back from those actually attending the Display Day before starting all over again. :mellow:

Pity you weren't over in Melbourne I would have sat down and had a drink with you at the Club on the day. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Peter

I notice you have been the biggest one of the biggest knockers of Kogan throughout this thread so give the guy a break and wait until reports come back from those actually attending the Display Day before starting all over again. :mellow:

Pity you weren't over in Melbourne I would have sat down and had a drink with you at the Club on the day. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Peter

I'm just saying it as I see it. Based on what I have seen, Kogan is not someone I would be too keen to do business with.

In principal the open day is a good idea but it would also be a good idea to keep the marketing of Kogan's products on this forum down at least to a dull roar.

Wow

If you guys aren't fans of Kogan tv's you could just say so :blink:

wow, that swear filter really works well :wacko:

Guest not-happy-Jan
Wow

If you guys aren't fans of Kogan tv's you could just say so :blink:

Thanks ols - without doubt the best belly ache laugh i have had in weeks....!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by not-happy-Jan

that guy should post this stuff in Panasung's Code Red Forum instead. Wait a minute! Maybe that's good ole Dave playing tricks again...

that guy should post this stuff in Panasung's Code Red Forum instead. Wait a minute! Maybe that's good ole Dave playing tricks again...

Come on, Dave wouldn't do that :rolleyes:

Besides neither myself nor the good Doctor rated a mention ;)

Hang on a sec it's not April 1st is it :wacko:

Cheers,

Karen

The posts are hanging around so long you get afraid to scroll back to see if they are still there :unsure::unsure::unsure:

BTW It happened straight after the Drs post :o

A jihad on Dr Smith ........you bubble-headed beheader :P