Kogan Lcd Tv's

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe, he does seem to hold the record for first time posters coming to provide feedback :wacko:

Look at how long I have been a member.

I am like the guy above I googled Kogan and was directed to this site.

And just because I dont sit here and post for the sake of posting. Doesn't mean I have been set up by Kogan as you seem to be infering!

I'm trying to share my Kogan experience with people who are wondering what to expect.

Im a bit pissed off though, I bought a 32" for $930 and a 40" went for $1100 on ebay last night!!!

Edited by GWHawk

Hi long time reader first time poster!

This is a long-assed thread with all sorts of interesting information except apparently what matters most.

I don't know about most of you but I'm not farting money so like most of you, want a good deal and want to get the absolute most for my measly pittance.

It's probably been said (i didn't read the entire thread, only about 2/3rds of it) but purchasing a flat panel display is not a frivolous thing. I intend to spend many hours sitting in front of it waiting for my eyes to turn square. B) That being the case there is no way that I am going to invest over 1000 dollars of my hard-earned on a display that I can't personally sit/stand/drool in front of or try my favorite test DVD on or at least play with the controls (how many stores actually set up these things properly?)

Then theres the warranty, dead pixel policy, after sales support... holy cow the list is long isn't it?

my 2 bob.

(im all but sold on the sony V300)

Hi All,

I am still here and closely watching all the comments. Thank you to all those that have supported the Kogan business and we will continue to strive to make technology more affordable for all Australians.

The Kogan Display Day will happen - it's just a matter of getting enough stock into the country (we have been selling out of containers before they arrive) and I want to make it the exclusive launch for the Kogan PRO model which we'll launch in November.

Also, a couple of other things that need to be addressed:

1. Delayed Delivery. I have learnt my lesson to not listen to any promises made by Suppliers, Shipping Agents, Customs Brokers and Freighters. I now factor in a large slack time into my order schedule to account for broken promises by various logistics companies along the way. That said, our latest presale which was promised for dispatch on August 10th was dispatched on August 8th.

2. Level of Service. After the Today Tonight story about Kogan (http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid=-97539584062902322), the sales and support teams were inundated with thousands of emails - we were all flat out for a week and the emails still kept coming in faster than we were replying to them. This was quickly fixed by hiring more staff and I am sure that anyone who recently dealt with us would be happy with the level of service (and I apologise to anyone who got stuck in the middle of the Today Tonight rush). That said, I am looking to take Kogan Customer Service to the next level and we are looking to recruit an operations manager to look after many of the day to day tasks (if you are interested, please send your resume to jobs@kogan.com.au). At this stage, we plan to make the following changes:

- Extend the hours of Live Chat Support

- Introduce Forums and FAQ sections to www.kogan.com.au

- Create videos showing each product in action and how to use all the features

3. One post wonders. No member of the Kogan team has ever posted on the DTV forum without announcing they work for Kogan. We did send a bulk email a while ago asking customers to review their Kogan LCD TV on this forum.

Once again, thank you for all those that have offered their support in this forum and through the private messages - I really appreciate it. The going gets really tough sometimes and thanks to all the support Kogan will be around for a long time and will continue to make technology more accessible for all Australians.

All the best,

Ruslan Kogan

www.kogan.com.au

Guest Sheddie

I bought in a Kogan Direct pre-sale. I was aware there would be a delay. I was notified prior to the delivery date that there would be a further delay due to shipping problems. I was happy to wait and equally happy that Kogan contacted me pro-actively. After sales communications have been outstanding.

The product arrived on the 2nd date as promised. I was able to track it through Toll.

The product was excellent for the price.

Summary: I can't fault the staff or the product. My first foray into the world of HD LCD TV's has been very satisfactory. I recognise that this is a new and fast growing business - which will suffer glitches from time to time - at least they try to build a half decent service component into the business - which is more than can be said for many other fast buck retailers operating in the bricks and mortar world.

PATIENCE IS STILL A VIRTUE. :D

Cheers

Sheddie

PS: Usual disclaimer - I have no relationship to Kogan Direct other than as a very satisfied customer and I haven't been induced to comment..

That said, I am looking to take Kogan Customer Service to the next level and we are looking to recruit an operations manager to look after many of the day to day tasks (if you are interested, please send your resume to jobs@kogan.com.au).

Hehe. I wonder how many people are going to try and use their DTVForum post count in their resume. And further, whether they're going to use it as an achievement, skill, hobby or work/character reference.

I was happy enough to win a 40" Kogan LCD TV for $1100 a week or so back and it arrived today.

My major problem is that I cant get the HDMI input to work with my PC.

I have a DVI to HDMI cable and have it connected correctly. But the Kogan just shows no signal.

I then used a VGA cable and that works fine in VGA mode.

Anyone have any ideas?

I am happy with the TV and you cant beat the price of $1100. Although, I am pretty disappointed in the warranty. I paid $250 for the extended 3 year warranty and instead of me getting the 4 years I expected (standard 1 year + 3 additional years), they are only giving me 3 years. I actually feel that's not worth $250 and would prefer now to not have paid the extra.

Edited by -Smooth-

I was happy enough to win a 40" Kogan LCD TV for $1100 a week or so back and it arrived today.

My major problem is that I can get the HDMI input to work with my PC.

I have a DVI to HDMI cable and have it connected correctly. But the Kogan just shows no signal.

I then used a VGA cable and that works fine in VGA mode.

Anyone have any ideas?

I am happy with the TV and you cant beat the price of $1100. Although, I am pretty disappointed in the warranty. I paid $250 for the extended 3 year warranty and instead of me getting the 4 years I expected (standard 1 year + 3 additional years), they are only giving me 3 years. I actually feel that's not worth $250 and would prefer now to not have paid the extra.

We have tested many Kogan TVs using a HDMI->DVI cable and it works fine at 1366x768 (or 1280x720 with older graphic cards and no driver updates). Kogan TVs are HDCP compliant and use the HDMI 1.3 standard.

Have you tried connecting anything else to the HDMI? Also, when you are changing source, are you pressing the "->" button after you select HDMI?

There is also a possibility that the HDMI->DVI cable might be damaged. Do you have any other TVs with HDMI you can test it on?

With regards to warranty, we are sorry for the consusion. We will change the wording to avoid ambiguity in the future. We are happy to refund the $250 you have paid and cancel the extended warranty - please advise by email what you wish to do?

Also, let us know how you go with the HDMI issue? It might be worth logging a warranty call to arrange a technician to come out.

All the best,

Ruslan Kogan

www.kogan.com.au

With regards to warranty, we are sorry for the consusion. We will change the wording to avoid ambiguity in the future. We are happy to refund the $250 you have paid and cancel the extended warranty - please advise by email what you wish to do?

Ruslan Kogan

www.kogan.com.au

So,what warranty does he get now?

I'm consused. :wacko:

Ols

So,what warranty does he get now?

I'm consused. :wacko:

Ols

Every Kogan LCD TV comes with a one year onsite warranty. We also offer extended warranty for our TV range. You can extend the warranty to either 3 years or 5 years.

If he wishes to cancel the extended warranty, he will be left with the one year onsite warranty that comes with every Kogan LCD TV.

Hope this clears things up.

Cheers,

Ruslan Kogan

www.kogan.com.au

Every Kogan LCD TV comes with a one year onsite warranty. We also offer extended warranty for our TV range. You can extend the warranty to either 3 years or 5 years.

If he wishes to cancel the extended warranty, he will be left with the one year onsite warranty that comes with every Kogan LCD TV.

Hope this clears things up.

Cheers,

Ruslan Kogan

www.kogan.com.au

So it's $250 for a 2 year extended warranty to bring it up to 3 years on a $1,100 tv! :o

I'm afraid to ask but how much is it for the extra 4 year warranty? :huh:

Ols

So it's $250 for a 2 year extended warranty to bring it up to 3 years on a $1,100 tv! :o

I'm afraid to ask but how much is it for the extra 4 year warranty? :huh:

Ols

Pay by credit card and you would get double the manufacturers warranty on some credit cards

makes $250 for 3 years look p1ss poor doesnt it? :wacko:

..check your CC provider for details

;)B)

Hang on,

What is this poster on about it? :wacko:

Mr Kogan,if I buy one of your tv's and pay with my credit card my warranty could be doubled for $0.

The last tv I bought(some time ago) came with a three year warranty-Samsung. :blink:

If yours is the quality product you say doesn't it come with this sort of warranty standard??

Please explain.

Ols

Hang on,

What is this poster on about it? :wacko:

Mr Kogan,if I buy one of your tv's and pay with my credit card my warranty could be doubled for $0.

The last tv I bought(some time ago) came with a three year warranty-Samsung. :blink:

If yours is the quality product you say doesn't it come with this sort of warranty standard??

Please explain.

Ols

:)

If I charged the same as Samsung, I'd happily offer a 10 year warranty for all Kogan TVs.

If you purchased a Samsung, you are probably not the type of customer I am targetting. I am here to make high end technology affordable for all Australians - this means providing the best value for money solution. If I incorporated a charge for 3 year warranty with all my products, I would not be true to my mission statement.

Kindest Regards,

Ruslan Kogan

www.kogan.com.au

:)

If I charged the same as Samsung, I'd happily offer a 10 year warranty for all Kogan TVs.

If you purchased a Samsung, you are probably not the type of customer I am targetting. I am here to make high end technology affordable for all Australians - this means providing the best value for money solution. If I incorporated a charge for 3 year warranty with all my products, I would not be true to my mission statement.

Kindest Regards,

Ruslan Kogan

www.kogan.com.au

Better get that 10 year warranty ready. :P

My 40" Samsung LCD cost me $2,000 eight months ago.

Is this or is this not your web site? http://www.koganexpress.com.au/index.php?a...amp;productId=4

Your normal "buy it now" price for a 40" LCD is $2,499.

This is for a tv you are saying is "value for money"

Is it as good as a Samsung?

Fair enough it's on special at $1,499 ATM but how much longer does this last?

$500 extra for a Samsung (eight months ago) with a 3 year warranty.

I think I know what's value for money.

If you provide a 3 year warranty for a product you believe in then you would be true to your mission statement.

Ols

I don't beleive you

If you provide a 3 year warranty for a product you believe in then you would be true to your mission statement.

Once again, feel free to pay extra for extended warranty. It would be unfair to thousands of other Australians if this was incorporated into the price and no option was given. You can choose to have 1, 3 or 5 years warranty with any of your Kogan products. You think the other brands arn't incorporating a cost into their price for 3 year warranties? You think they choose 3 years over 1 because they beleive in their products?

I beleive in every product in the Kogan range and that is why I offer a 7 day, no questions asked money back guarantee.

I wish you all the best mate,

Ruslan Kogan

www.kogan.com.au

I don't beleive you

It was in a nationwide Retravision catalogue for goodness sake.Also it was forty eight months interest free and I didn't even haggle on the price!!!

I would also appreciate that you do not infer that I'm lying in these forums. :angry2::angry2::angry2:

Once again, feel free to pay extra for extended warranty. It would be unfair to thousands of other Australians if this was incorporated into the price and no option was given. You can choose to have 1, 3 or 5 years warranty with any of your Kogan products. You think the other brands arn't incorporating a cost into their price for 3 year warranties? You think they choose 3 years over 1 because they beleive in their products?

Granted this does happen in business.But there are many,many examples where a company will offer a longer warranty to create "a point of difference" to their competitors or to highlight the superiority of their products.

Again please do not infer that I am either naive or stupid in your posts.It is not appreciated. :angry2::angry2::angry2:

Ruslan Kogan

www.kogan.com.au spam

I wish you all the best

Ols

Edited by ols

Each to his own. I was a first time big screen buyer and I have three small kids at home who still look with their fingers and not with their eyes. As such I didn't want to spend money on an expensive LCD/Plasma screen which would be touched constantly by sticky little fingers so the 40" Kogan was a perfect suit.

I'm still happy with the value for money, but would have appreciated better speakers. My only complaint is the volume control which has a very distinct increase from 9 to 10 in a scale to 100. On some channels 9 is to low and 10 is to loud. And two HDMI inputs would have been nice, but I hope I can find a 2:1 switch to connect the STB and DVD at the same time.

Better get that 10 year warranty ready. :P

If you read post 283 you will see that he paid $1100 - about half of what you paid.

Don't take cheap shots at Kogan just because he is an easy target.

Flat panel TV's are over priced and don't represent good value for money, considering that CRT's are still superior in some (not all) aspects.This forum is full of posts from people,Samsung owners included, who have paid $1000's of dollars for equipment that doesn't do what a TV should.

Any company that helps drive the price of these down and keep the big name brands honest (LG for one) should be encouraged.

Luke

While not wishing to comment too much on things I know little about :blink: ..................

At Kogans Website we learn that ...........

" We are a manufacturer, importer, wholesaler, and retailer all in one."

Really ? Kogan actually makes the TV's ? And the GPS's ? And the Photo Frames ?

I don't have an issue if they use Lucky Dragon products and put their own name on it, but to say that they are a "100% Australian Owned" company who makes the entire product range is, to me, possibly *cough* stretching the truth.

Of course, If an Australian company has indeed set up factories in China to make these products, great.....But I suspect not.

Austen.